Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adevotchka

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby adevotchka » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:32 am

aaaaaah wrote:
I... um... have no idea what my first choice is at this point. Fordham is definitely one of my top choices and I think there's a great chance I end up there if they do accept me, but there are soo many factors to consider. I'm putting off that decision for as long as possible. :) What are you thinking?

The website and checker are working for me.

After a lot of thought, Fordham is definitely my top choice. I've been here two years and feel like I've nested to a degree and I've met tons of Fordham alums and they do not have enough good things to say about the school. Barring an unlikely acceptance into USC or getting off BU's waitlist, I'd pretty much deposit immediately *prays Stephen Brown is trolling this forum right now*.

Can someone link me directly to the lsac status checker?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:34 am

Gemini wrote:
aaaaaah wrote: I'm putting off that decision for as long as possible.

Still, it's less than a month left till decision time. :shock:

scarryyyy

is anyone else doing ASD on April 2??

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:34 am

Gemini wrote:

Annnnd I'm officially terrified.

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:36 am

adevotchka wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
I... um... have no idea what my first choice is at this point. Fordham is definitely one of my top choices and I think there's a great chance I end up there if they do accept me, but there are soo many factors to consider. I'm putting off that decision for as long as possible. :) What are you thinking?

The website and checker are working for me.

After a lot of thought, Fordham is definitely my top choice. I've been here two years and feel like I've nested to a degree and I've met tons of Fordham alums and they do not have enough good things to say about the school. Barring an unlikely acceptance into USC or getting off BU's waitlist, I'd pretty much deposit immediately *prays Stephen Brown is trolling this forum right now*.

Can someone link me directly to the lsac status checker?

Oh, I've definitely nested, which makes me think it might be time to see if I can live in a different city... yeahh, it's all up in the air at this point. Anyway, good luck!

Status checker: https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membership/logon.aspx

adevotchka

Postby adevotchka » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:40 am

Stringer6 wrote:
I've been there since September 2009 and moved in when it was an empty apartment. It's a basement apartment--my window looks into my roommate's bedroom (hello!) and our living room gets no light, but our backyard is pretty sweet (my two roommates have glass doors that open up to it). Think the apt is 1300 SQ FT. But we get brown water sometimes. And mice/rats that live in my walls that I can't get out no matter what.

Not railroad style, though. Honestly, I looked at RR apts when I moved to NYC and I was just like, "WUT." It's like, prepare to have your shame publicly broadcast to everyone who lives with you.

sounds interesting. rats would freak me out, but i guess it's okay as long as they never get into the apt. do you have a cat? 1100 is a great price for a big bedroom in that location. do you have a good setup in the backyard, or is it the rats' domain?

Dude, night before my LSAT I found a rat deuce on my pillow. We've actually got the problem pretty under control in that I don't see any rodents actually in my apartment now. I just hear them in the walls which I think I've always heard but just previously attributed to a poltergeist or something.

Our backyard was a dump when we moved in. it's probably the size of a king sized bedroom (so not that big) and doesn't get much light due to the towering buildings next door, but it's super awesome in the summer when we throw parties. I feel lucky to have gotten the place. I looked at similarly priced apartments in the EV (even avenue C and stuff) and they were all extremely small and not really subway central (I live literally next door to the BDFMNQR6).

If you're looking for an apt. in Manhattan, I would be forgiving about the broker's fee. It sucks and is a ripoff, but for the most part, you will see better quality apartments, though nofeerentals and DSA realty have nice spots too.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:42 am

adevotchka wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:
I've been there since September 2009 and moved in when it was an empty apartment. It's a basement apartment--my window looks into my roommate's bedroom (hello!) and our living room gets no light, but our backyard is pretty sweet (my two roommates have glass doors that open up to it). Think the apt is 1300 SQ FT. But we get brown water sometimes. And mice/rats that live in my walls that I can't get out no matter what.

Not railroad style, though. Honestly, I looked at RR apts when I moved to NYC and I was just like, "WUT." It's like, prepare to have your shame publicly broadcast to everyone who lives with you.

sounds interesting. rats would freak me out, but i guess it's okay as long as they never get into the apt. do you have a cat? 1100 is a great price for a big bedroom in that location. do you have a good setup in the backyard, or is it the rats' domain?

Dude, night before my LSAT I found a rat deuce on my pillow. We've actually got the problem pretty under control in that I don't see any rodents actually in my apartment now. I just hear them in the walls which I think I've always heard but just previously attributed to a poltergeist or something.

Our backyard was a dump when we moved in. it's probably the size of a king sized bedroom (so not that big) and doesn't get much light due to the towering buildings next door, but it's super awesome in the summer when we throw parties. I feel lucky to have gotten the place. I looked at similarly priced apartments in the EV (even avenue C and stuff) and they were all extremely small and not really subway central (I live literally next door to the BDFMNQR6).

If you're looking for an apt. in Manhattan, I would be forgiving about the broker's fee. It sucks and is a ripoff, but for the most part, you will see better quality apartments, though nofeerentals and DSA realty have nice spots too.

:shock: i would've gotten the fuck out. rat problem where they crawl on your BED?!?!?! you don't know where they've been!!! eeeeeeeeeeew. (and i actually LIKE rodents...i had a pet rat) *shudder*

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:49 am

jesus christ. i admire you fortitude, but...jesus christ. mice are one thing, but if i saw a rat in my apartment, i don't know what i'd do. if you don't have them, i would get 2 or 3 cats. you won't see any rodents in your apartment ever again.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:50 am

stringer - you're going to Fordham for sure, right?

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:52 am

yerp. do you (or anyone) know if i have to do anything other than send in the deposit?

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 am

Stringer6 wrote:

yerp. do you (or anyone) know if i have to do anything other than send in the deposit?

They probably want your official transcript (LSAC doesn't count).

adevotchka

Postby adevotchka » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 am

Stringer6 wrote:jesus christ. i admire you fortitude, but...jesus christ. mice are one thing, but if i saw a rat in my apartment, i don't know what i'd do. if you don't have them, i would get 2 or 3 cats. you won't see any rodents in your apartment ever again.

The best part when I went to complain to management and they handed me a glue trap the size of a checkerboard. I was like, "Oh. I see."

Honestly, I hate killing things so for a while I setting mice free after work every day (from those live traps) for two weeks. My roommate killed one mouse with the glue trap and then it's like they took a hint and disappeared. I'm allergic to cats and hate litterboxes, so the rodents and I have a peace treaty going on where I don't see them or their shit and I promise not to put out traps. It works.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:57 am

Lwoods wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:

Blah, this means going back to your college, no?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 am

Gemini wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:

Blah, this means going back to your college, no?

actually im pretty sure you can do it over the phone or online or something...

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:01 pm

if not the official transcript, what did my college send to LSAC?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Stringer6 wrote:if not the official transcript, what did my college send to LSAC?

it has to be sent to the school itself, not through LSAC. Not sure why

btw is everyone active on TT from NYC?

LS-boundNYC

Postby LS-boundNYC » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Gotti wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:if not the official transcript, what did my college send to LSAC?

it has to be sent to the school itself, not through LSAC. Not sure why

btw is everyone active on TT from NYC?

Not "from" but living here, yes.

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Gemini wrote:
JD Division Full-time Enrollment

Tuition -----------------------------45,850
Fees --------------------------------626
Room & Board ----------------------18,100
Books & Supplies -------------------1,664
Travel -----------------------------1,546
Miscellaneous Personal Expenses-----3,782
TOTAL -----------------------------71,568

What's with the pricey Travel? I'd say $1,000 on metrocards (for the entire YEAR)
I'm gonna guess that the Miscellaneous expenses is less than what will probably be needed.

Also, where does FOOD come into this equation??

I don't think this was ever adequately answered, but Board = Food.
Last edited by aliarrow on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Gotti wrote:
Gemini wrote:

scarryyyy

is anyone else doing ASD on April 2??

I am trying to go on April 2nd, I live in the city so it's easy, but I am coming back from taking the Amtrak from Notre Dame the night before, so i will be shot and probably not up to sitting through hours of info sessions. When do we have to RSVP by?

purplebulldogs

Postby purplebulldogs » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:17 pm

just got merit scholarship award e-mail, was admitted 2 days ago.

i'm a little confused about the average debt at graduation. total cost of attendance is around $70k, right? the dean of admissions mentioned in the TLS interview that the average graduating debt is $103,000. the ABA profile says their median grant is $10k. sorry if this has already been discussed.

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:42 pm

IN!! :D

I guess spending half of my morning on this thread brought me good karma.

adevotchka

Postby adevotchka » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:45 pm

aaaaaah wrote:IN!! :D

Congrats! Did you get an e-mail or were you just obsessively status checking?

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:47 pm

adevotchka wrote:

Congrats! Did you get an e-mail or were you just obsessively status checking?

Lol, got an email. It came approximately thirty seconds before getting WL'd at Michigan. Probably the most emotional 30 seconds of my life.

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:55 pm

congratulations

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:56 pm

yay! haha NOW are you coming to ASD 4/2?

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Gotti wrote:

yay! haha NOW are you coming to ASD 4/2?

For sure!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”