Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:00 pm

maglialoro wrote:Anyone have any ideas how to negotiate more money from Fordham? They offered me 10k a yr, but I received 18K from BC. How do I ask for more money without sounding like an ass?


tell them how much you appreciate the award and would love to attend the school, but you don't want to place an undue hardship on your family. You want to be able to focus all of your energy on your studies and similarly ranked schools like "BC" offered you 18k but you favor Fordham so much more.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:01 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
maglialoro wrote:Anyone have any ideas how to negotiate more money from Fordham? They offered me 10k a yr, but I received 18K from BC. How do I ask for more money without sounding like an ass?


tell them how much you appreciate the award and would love to attend the school, but you don't want to place an undue hardship on your family. You want to be able to focus all of your energy on your studies and similarly ranked schools like "BC" offered you 18k but you favor Fordham so much more.

lulz they responded to me with "LSAT too low, good luck, KTHXBAI"

and i had $84k at UMN (#20)

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Gotti wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
maglialoro wrote:Anyone have any ideas how to negotiate more money from Fordham? They offered me 10k a yr, but I received 18K from BC. How do I ask for more money without sounding like an ass?


tell them how much you appreciate the award and would love to attend the school, but you don't want to place an undue hardship on your family. You want to be able to focus all of your energy on your studies and similarly ranked schools like "BC" offered you 18k but you favor Fordham so much more.

lulz they responded to me with "LSAT too low, good luck, KTHXBAI"

and i had $84k at UMN (#20)


Oww :oops:

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Gotti wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
maglialoro wrote:Anyone have any ideas how to negotiate more money from Fordham? They offered me 10k a yr, but I received 18K from BC. How do I ask for more money without sounding like an ass?


tell them how much you appreciate the award and would love to attend the school, but you don't want to place an undue hardship on your family. You want to be able to focus all of your energy on your studies and similarly ranked schools like "BC" offered you 18k but you favor Fordham so much more.

lulz they responded to me with "LSAT too low, good luck, KTHXBAI"

and i had $84k at UMN (#20)


Gotti you hear from NYU yet?

maglialoro
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby maglialoro » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:36 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
Gotti wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
maglialoro wrote:Anyone have any ideas how to negotiate more money from Fordham? They offered me 10k a yr, but I received 18K from BC. How do I ask for more money without sounding like an ass?


tell them how much you appreciate the award and would love to attend the school, but you don't want to place an undue hardship on your family. You want to be able to focus all of your energy on your studies and similarly ranked schools like "BC" offered you 18k but you favor Fordham so much more.

lulz they responded to me with "LSAT too low, good luck, KTHXBAI"

and i had $84k at UMN (#20)


Gotti you hear from NYU yet?

nah not yet. I'm anxiously awaiting my WL/ding so I can get this cycle over withhhh! I heard you got dinged, sorry :(

what were your stats again?

User avatar
eaglemuncher
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby eaglemuncher » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Gotti, why do you think you are gonna get WL/ding from Fordham?

maglialoro
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby maglialoro » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:23 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
eaglemuncher
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby eaglemuncher » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

maglialoro wrote:
eaglemuncher wrote:Gotti, why do you think you are gonna get WL/ding from Fordham?


Gotti got into Fordham, she is expecting a WL/ding from NYU, but we all have hope for an acceptance for her!!


wow simply reading one more line up would have made me avoid asking a stupid question, sorry. and good luck to Gotti.

purplebulldogs
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby purplebulldogs » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:33 pm

sweeeeet...

in via e-mail around 2:15 ET (full-time). 168, 3.54, 2 yrs WE. applied 12/15, i can't remember exactly when i went into review but i think it was 3/2.

ls24
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby ls24 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:52 pm

YAYY!! in via email at 2:17pm...applied 1/13, last review date was 3/8

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Yay, congrats new admits! Hope to see some of you this fall! :mrgreen:

adevotchka
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby adevotchka » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Dude, I am still complete as of 2/2 (after applying in early December but with a Dec. lsat) with no review. Fordham is literally a 10 minute walk from where I work. Debating on just sleeping outside the admissions office like a hobo until I get a decision...maybe if I just hang around the school long enough they'll just get confused and put me in the database.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:04 pm

eaglemuncher wrote:
maglialoro wrote:
eaglemuncher wrote:Gotti, why do you think you are gonna get WL/ding from Fordham?


Gotti got into Fordham, she is expecting a WL/ding from NYU, but we all have hope for an acceptance for her!!


wow simply reading one more line up would have made me avoid asking a stupid question, sorry. and good luck to Gotti.

haha! no problem. yeah I'm probably going to end up at Fordham unless I get off a WL or get into NU/NYU/Cornell. Are you in yet?

& mal - THANKS! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:05 pm

adevotchka wrote:Dude, I am still complete as of 2/2 (after applying in early December but with a Dec. lsat) with no review. Fordham is literally a 10 minute walk from where I work. Debating on just sleeping outside the admissions office like a hobo until I get a decision...maybe if I just hang around the school long enough they'll just get confused and put me in the database.


DUDE.

Go OVER there. Say hi. Tell them you love them. Etc.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby jwmalone87 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:06 pm

adevotchka wrote:Dude, I am still complete as of 2/2 (after applying in early December but with a Dec. lsat) with no review. Fordham is literally a 10 minute walk from where I work. Debating on just sleeping outside the admissions office like a hobo until I get a decision...maybe if I just hang around the school long enough they'll just get confused and put me in the database.

Same...took December LSAT, complete 1/28 and nothing since. Didn't really consider myself a shoe-in but I certainly didn't think it'd take this long, either. :?

User avatar
eaglemuncher
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby eaglemuncher » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Gotti wrote:
eaglemuncher wrote:
maglialoro wrote:
eaglemuncher wrote:Gotti, why do you think you are gonna get WL/ding from Fordham?


Gotti got into Fordham, she is expecting a WL/ding from NYU, but we all have hope for an acceptance for her!!


wow simply reading one more line up would have made me avoid asking a stupid question, sorry. and good luck to Gotti.

haha! no problem. yeah I'm probably going to end up at Fordham unless I get off a WL or get into NU/NYU/Cornell. Are you in yet?

& mal - THANKS! :mrgreen:


Just got in yesterday, probably gonna go unless I get off the GW WL.

adevotchka
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby adevotchka » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Gemini wrote:
adevotchka wrote:Dude, I am still complete as of 2/2 (after applying in early December but with a Dec. lsat) with no review. Fordham is literally a 10 minute walk from where I work. Debating on just sleeping outside the admissions office like a hobo until I get a decision...maybe if I just hang around the school long enough they'll just get confused and put me in the database.


DUDE.

Go OVER there. Say hi. Tell them you love them. Etc.



Do you think that will help? I just sent a loci the other day. I probably should have hand delivered it but I work 9 am - 9 pm.

Would it be weird to go and confirm they received it? I just don't want to annoy them or anything.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:09 pm

You wouldn't annoy them, "a girl." :wink:

Stop by and talk to them. Make an appointment during your lunch hour.

adevotchka
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby adevotchka » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Would it be kosher to drop in? I can probably squeeze out of work right now... If not, how does one even make an appointment with the admissions committee? Just shoot them an e-mail? Thanks, Gemini. I hope to see you this fall--and hope you like NYC.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:21 pm

adevotchka wrote:Would it be kosher to drop in? I can probably squeeze out of work right now... If not, how does one even make an appointment with the admissions committee? Just shoot them an e-mail? Thanks, Gemini. I hope to see you this fall--and hope you like NYC.


Just email them or call them and ask if you can stop by to talk about your application. Something like that. If anything, get your foot in the door by discussing financial aid/financial matters.

And I live in NY and I pretty much hate it lol. Lincoln Center is GORGEOUS though. Wouldn't mind living by there. :mrgreen:

maglialoro
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby maglialoro » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:43 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Mag, where are you thinking of going? I know you have some great choices.

Also, I doubt I'll live RIGHT next to Lincoln Center, but for the sake of my grades/sleep, I'd like to live as close as possible.

maglialoro
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby maglialoro » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:05 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nelaw2010
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:48 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nelaw2010 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Has anyone had success negotiating with Fordham? It doesn't seem to me like they negotiate that much.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, Long shot hero, ohgosh, smashbash and 15 guests