Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:41 pm

LS-boundNYC wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Still stuck at my first complete date of 1/20. Arghh. Fordham, I want youuu.

Anyone else stuck? I'm starting to freak out.


Stuck on 2nd date 2/15


2/15 was my 2nd, and I changed to a 3rd today. Hopefully you get some movement soon!


I hope so! Thanks and good luck!

ashleyryan
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby ashleyryan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm still complete at 2/1 :( waaaa

ku1185
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby ku1185 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:52 pm

complete at 3/1. boo

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby kruiz88 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Applied 1/1, last complete 2/2, ACCEPTED 3/4!!!!!!

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:11 pm

kruiz88 wrote:Applied 1/1, last complete 2/2, ACCEPTED 3/4!!!!!!

yayyyy! congrats! i was rooting for you :) how does Fordham rank on your list?

next up for both of us ...NYU!

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby kruiz88 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:25 pm

.
Last edited by kruiz88 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:28 pm

kruiz88 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:Applied 1/1, last complete 2/2, ACCEPTED 3/4!!!!!!

yayyyy! congrats! i was rooting for you :) how does Fordham rank on your list?

next up for both of us ...NYU!

It was number 2, then fee waiver from Columbia put it a number 3, with NYU number 1. If no NYU or Columbia(no way),
its Fordham vs. pretty much full scholarship at Cardozo. Everyone I know is going to put serious pressure on me to go to Cardozo for the scholarship, so what do you think? Fordham at full tuition(I think) or Cardozo for free?


Are you URM? (just curious)

It depends on what you want to do, and full tuition vs. free ride is a tough and personal choice to make.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby subtle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:32 pm

kruiz88 wrote:Applied 1/1, last complete 2/2, ACCEPTED 3/4!!!!!!



Congrats! And you were so convinced that you weren't going to get in!

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby kruiz88 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:45 pm

subtle wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:Applied 1/1, last complete 2/2, ACCEPTED 3/4!!!!!!



Congrats! And you were so convinced that you weren't going to get in!

Happy to be proven wrong :D

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:51 pm

yeah if you want to go into govt work or PI, go to Cardozo. If you want biglaw, go to Fordham. It's a tough choice though.

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:54 pm

Everyone I know is going to put serious pressure on me to go to Cardozo for the scholarship, so what do you think? Fordham at full tuition(I think) or Cardozo for free?


fordham got 25% into biglaw last year, cardozo 12%

i don't think those numbers will go down for those entering school in 2011, but that's just my opinion

that pretty much clinched it for me

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Gotti wrote:yeah if you want to go into govt work or PI, go to Cardozo. If you want biglaw, go to Fordham. It's a tough choice though.


It's crazy still haven't gotten into Fordham but just got my JR1 at Harvard and I applied two months later than Fordham. Oh and what happened to the Keri Hilson pic. Didn't know you digged 2pac. Pac is great but Keri is nicer to look at. Did you hear from Berkeley yet? I been kind of out of it for a while, I'm in Germany.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:01 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:yeah if you want to go into govt work or PI, go to Cardozo. If you want biglaw, go to Fordham. It's a tough choice though.


It's crazy still haven't gotten into Fordham but just got my JR1 at Harvard and I applied two months later than Fordham. Oh and what happened to the Keri Hilson pic. Didn't know you digged 2pac. Pac is great but Keri is nicer to look at. Did you hear from Berkeley yet? I been kind of out of it for a while, I'm in Germany.

haha keri is nicer to look at but that pac picture is just HIGH-larious. I'll prolly change it back to miss keri babay soon enough. Or Rihanna. Yeaaaa I got dinged at Boalt. Expected, so I'm not crying over it haha. Congrats on the JR1 at Harvard!

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Lwoods » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 pm

kruiz88 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:Applied 1/1, last complete 2/2, ACCEPTED 3/4!!!!!!

yayyyy! congrats! i was rooting for you :) how does Fordham rank on your list?

next up for both of us ...NYU!

It was number 2, then fee waiver from Columbia put it a number 3, with NYU number 1. If no NYU or Columbia(no way),
its Fordham vs. pretty much full scholarship at Cardozo. Everyone I know is going to put serious pressure on me to go to Cardozo for the scholarship, so what do you think? Fordham at full tuition(I think) or Cardozo for free?

Congrats!

Are there any stipulations attached to the dozo scholarship (other than "good standing")? If so, I say Fordham. I know a lot of bright people who got good jobs out of Cardozo, but I've heard the atmosphere is pretty brutally competitive there.

If money is a big concern, maybe look into transferring into Fordham PT and getting a day job? Legal secretary type jobs start around $40/45k...that would cover cost of living.

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby kruiz88 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:14 pm

.
Last edited by kruiz88 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:18 pm

kruiz88 wrote:
Lwoods wrote:Congrats!

Are there any stipulations attached to the dozo scholarship (other than "good standing")? If so, I say Fordham. I know a lot of bright people who got good jobs out of Cardozo, but I've heard the atmosphere is pretty brutally competitive there.

If money is a big concern, maybe look into transferring into Fordham PT and getting a day job? Legal secretary type jobs start around $40/45k...that would cover cost of living.

No stipulations at Cardozo, and money only concerns me because I could potentially leave law school with little to no debt. If I did decide to got to Fordham, I'd go full time. Clearly Fordham is the better school, but is it $120,000 dollars better? I mean how much difference do you think it will make job searching from Cardozo than from Fordham? If its large enough, maybe the 120,000 investment would be worth it.

Like I said...if you're trying to do biglaw, you should pick Fordham over Cardozo. Fordham at sticker when you want to do government or PI work is a bad decision IMO

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Got my fin aid award today, and got some need-based money- more than I was expecting from the whole "Fordham is stingy," so don't lose hope!

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Did you get your need-based award via email?

User avatar
SemperLegal
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby SemperLegal » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Got my FA mailer, between Merit, Need, and Third Party schollies I will be getting out with <$50.000.00 (@6.9%) in debt if I choose FU (and thats a super-worst case scenario). Which I think calls for around $600 a month in payments.

Very exciting and confusing times these are for me.

Good luck to those still waiting.

fakemoney
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby fakemoney » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Oh, man. I've been waitlisted for a while and probably have at least another month-and-a-half before I can even begin to think about anything happening. I'd get pretty discouraged, but from browsing the Fordham threads around here and seeing some of the success people have had with waiting out the process I've been inspired to stay in the game :D
Last edited by fakemoney on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
harrijust86
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby harrijust86 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Just want to bump this and wish the best of luck to everyone waiting like me!

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Stringer6 wrote:Did you get your need-based award via email?


They both came by email.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby SupraVln180 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:18 am

In Part-Time. Now my decision just got tough. UNC with an almost full scholly or Fordham PT, I might need to come back to NY. What should I do?

youarereadingthis
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby youarereadingthis » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:11 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:In Part-Time. Now my decision just got tough. UNC with an almost full scholly or Fordham PT, I might need to come back to NY. What should I do?



Full scholly UNC.

flyfree
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby flyfree » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:38 pm

In via email today. PT, 163/Foreign school GPA.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”