Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fakemoney

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby fakemoney » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:37 am

Question to all the Fordham people:

Have you ever received a response from emailing the admissions office? I've emailed them a couple times -- most recently to give an updated phone number -- and haven't so much as received an automated confirmation response. My status checker doesn't have have any of the new contact info I sent, either. I'm just hoping this stuff isn't all just going into a blackhole in space...

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 am

fakemoney wrote:Question to all the Fordham people:

Have you ever received a response from emailing the admissions office? I've emailed them a couple times -- most recently to give an updated phone number -- and haven't so much as received an automated confirmation response. My status checker doesn't have have any of the new contact info I sent, either. I'm just hoping this stuff isn't all just going into a blackhole in space...

The short answer is that Fordham doesn't care. I've emailed them twice earlier in the cycle no response to one and the other email didn't even answer what I asked them.

fakemoney

Postby fakemoney » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:46 am

Alrighty then. Just glad it isn't personal against me :wink:

kruiz88

Postby kruiz88 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:50 am

I e-mailed them about 2 months ago and got some generic response back saying they would return a e-mail within 48 hours..which they didn't do. You can call them to update your info I think.

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:52 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:

The short answer is that Fordham doesn't care. I've emailed them twice earlier in the cycle no response to one and the other email didn't even answer what I asked them.

Yup. I sent two emails and left three messages checking on the status of my month-old application for a fee waiver and all went unreturned. I waited until I was slightly less broke to apply and pay the fee, and they then emailed me the next day saying I was approved for the waiver. Thanks, Fordham. :roll:

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:59 am

aaaaaah wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Yup. I sent two emails and left three messages checking on the status of my month-old application for a fee waiver and all went unreturned. I waited until I was slightly less broke to apply and pay the fee, and they then emailed me the next day saying I was approved for the waiver. Thanks, Fordham. :roll:

They ran a game of chicken with you. They knew you'd apply (or at least they hoped) and they waited you out. Fordham doesn't like to give out aid so you know they hate giving out fee waivers! I'm not even sure if I withdrew from the school yet because they never returned the email. Every other school I applied to gave me some type of response but not Fordham and my app still says complete on my status checker. I think this happened to another person this cycle as well.

edit: it happened to gdane as well.

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:03 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:

They ran a game of chicken with you. They knew you'd apply (or at least they hoped) and they waited you out. Fordham doesn't like to give out aid so you know they hate giving out fee waivers! I'm not even sure if I withdrew from the school yet because they never returned the email. Every other school I applied to gave me some type of response but not Fordham and my app still says complete on my status checker. I think this happened to another person this cycle as well.

edit: it happened to gdane as well.

Yeah, I just wish they were sliiightly less obvious about it.

afc1910

Postby afc1910 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:24 am

Last edited by afc1910 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kruiz88

Postby kruiz88 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:34 am

afc1910 wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:I e-mailed them about 2 months ago and got some generic response back saying they would return a e-mail within 48 hours..which they didn't do. You can call them to update your info I think.

I have called their office and e-mailed them twice since submitting my application, and they always got back to me. I had no problem dealing with their staff. They were helpful and pleasant.

oh, I guess thay just hate me (which is why they are going to WL me :D ). Well if they accept me I'll forgive them for ignoring me.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:38 am

kruiz88 wrote:
afc1910 wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:I e-mailed them about 2 months ago and got some generic response back saying they would return a e-mail within 48 hours..which they didn't do. You can call them to update your info I think.

I have called their office and e-mailed them twice since submitting my application, and they always got back to me. I had no problem dealing with their staff. They were helpful and pleasant.

oh, I guess thay just hate me (which is why they are going to WL me :D ). Well if they accept me I'll forgive them for ignoring me.

Idk about the waitlist thing..our numbers are very similar and I got in!

kruiz88

Postby kruiz88 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:41 am

Gotti wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:
afc1910 wrote:

Idk about the waitlist thing..our numbers are very similar and I got in!

Alright Gotti here's the plan....we are both getting accepted to NYU and we are both going. Like you my SO is going to grad school at NYU. Hope you find this acceptable.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:48 am

kruiz88 wrote:Alright Gotti here's the plan....we are both getting accepted to NYU and we are both going. Like you my SO is going to grad school at NYU. Hope you find this acceptable.

Like i told unc0mm0n .... if this comes true, I will buy you drinks all night to celebrate.

kruiz88

Postby kruiz88 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:55 am

Gotti wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:Alright Gotti here's the plan....we are both getting accepted to NYU and we are both going. Like you my SO is going to grad school at NYU. Hope you find this acceptable.

Like i told unc0mm0n .... if this comes true, I will buy you drinks all night to celebrate.

Sounds like a plan, becuase if I don't get into NYU it is looking like Cardozo.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Gotti wrote:

Yahhh drinks all night!

kruiz88

Postby kruiz88 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Yahhh drinks all night!

Well if you don't get in, I'm not getting in. Let's hope we're all drinking soon...

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:07 pm

afc1910 wrote:

This was my experience as well. I made an error on my application, e-mailed before the work day to apologize and correct, received an automated response immediately and a personalized e-mail response that afternoon.

When I called to schedule a visit, I was a little miffed I wouldn't be able to sit in on a class, but I was at least able to get that answer quickly and politely over the phone.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Lwoods wrote:
afc1910 wrote:

This was my experience as well. I made an error on my application, e-mailed before the work day to apologize and correct, received an automated response immediately and a personalized e-mail response that afternoon.

When I called to schedule a visit, I was a little miffed I wouldn't be able to sit in on a class, but I was at least able to get that answer quickly and politely over the phone.

I think they are only nice to people they are going to let in. Still not sure why i didn't get in... I mean I withdrew but I thought I'd have got accepted before that.

kruiz88

Postby kruiz88 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Lwoods wrote:
afc1910 wrote:

Well then Fordham hates me haha.

lawgrl21

Postby lawgrl21 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:27 pm

I emailed them last week and got the generic 48 reply, but then they got back to me the next day. they were actually pretty helpful. Those who have had a negative experience- have you been accepted or just applied? I'm not sure if they take the time to answer admitted students questions, but are too busy to reply to application questions? just a thought... I highly doubt it has to do with plans to accept/wl/deny people

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Yea, I remember emailing them about financial aid and they got back to me the next day. (this was AFTER I was admitted)

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 pm

They haven't responded to my emails even after I've been accepted. It sees to be a similar theme with admissions offices at other schools :( . Haha I don't think it's personal though; they just have to go through thousands of applications!

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:53 pm

oh they def answer admitted students...or at least me. I've gotten a response within the day to the questions I've had (&within the hour to the assistant director of admissions...i've been having a stipend convo with her)

js77

Postby js77 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:54 pm

Status checker down for me...down for anyone else?

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:15 am

js77 wrote:Status checker down for me...down for anyone else?

Yup :x A recurring theme with Fordham.

LS-boundNYC

Postby LS-boundNYC » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:36 pm

jwmalone87 wrote:
js77 wrote:Status checker down for me...down for anyone else?

Yup :x A recurring theme with Fordham.

Seems to be back up now...and still nothing for me :|

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”