Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kublaikahn

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby kublaikahn » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:26 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:FiveSermon. I was not asking you what your opinion about sticker at Fordham was. No one cares. Tbh I didn't even read it lol. No one wants to hear about how dumb you think it is to attend a school you're not even going to.

I'm glad I'm not going there. It seems like you're going to have a lot of jerks in your class gotti. Hopefully they confine them all to the same miserable section.

They are all sisters, FS. Know your place. :lol:

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:17 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
Gotti wrote:FiveSermon. I was not asking you what your opinion about sticker at Fordham was. No one cares. Tbh I didn't even read it lol. No one wants to hear about how dumb you think it is to attend a school you're not even going to.

Who said I'm not going to go?

Anyways I'll give my opinion if I choose to, you can just not read it if you want. You can keep telling me you aren't asking for my opinion also but that doesn't really matter to me. Want a cookie though?

Haaaaa coming from the person who said "if I got two more points on the LSAT I would be aiming for CCN instead of bottom of T14" :lol: :lol: :lol:

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Gotti wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

Anyways I'll give my opinion if I choose to, you can just not read it if you want. You can keep telling me you aren't asking for my opinion also but that doesn't really matter to me. Want a cookie though?

Haaaaa coming from the person who said "if I got two more points on the LSAT I would be aiming for CCN instead of bottom of T14" :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was just to illustrate how much 2 LSAT points matter. It was of course in response to your "Omg I'm only 2 points below their LSAT median so why am I not getting $$" post.

kruiz88

Postby kruiz88 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Gotti wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:

Haha, well done Gotti.

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Yawn

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:07 pm

So I'm back and I had a great time. Met Lwoods, who is awesome and I met OperaSoprano! Nygrrrl, where were you????

ETA: more info:

Some of the admissions staff knew who I was right off the bat! When I told one of the Deans my name, he remembered what college I came from right off the bat. It's amazing. Everyone was so nice and it's definitely a nice atmosphere there.

Super excited now! :mrgreen:

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Gemini wrote:So I'm back and I had a great time. Met Lwoods, who is awesome and I met OperaSoprano! Nygrrrl, where were you????

Some of the admissions staff knew who I was right off the bat! When I told one of the Deans my name, he remembered what college I came from right off the bat. It's amazing. Everyone was so nice and it's definitely a nice atmosphere there.

:mrgreen: YAY!!!! I was caught in brief hell... and I had to leave town early to deal with some family stuff. :|
You're coming back for the next one though, right? When Gotti is in town?
I'm so glad you liked the atmosphere - I'm the first one to acknowledge that our current physical plant is nothing special (!) but I really believe that the community IS unique. So, so sorry I didn't get to meet you.

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:41 am

Gemini wrote:So I'm back and I had a great time. Met Lwoods, who is awesome and I met OperaSoprano! Nygrrrl, where were you????

Glad you had such a good experience... Welcome to the Fordham Family! Nygrrrl and I will take you out for drinks next time you're on campus.. it's kind of what law school is about lol 8)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:58 pm

:mrgreen: YAY!!!! I was caught in brief hell... and I had to leave town early to deal with some family stuff. :|
You're coming back for the next one though, right? When Gotti is in town?
I'm so glad you liked the atmosphere - I'm the first one to acknowledge that our current physical plant is nothing special (!) but I really believe that the community IS unique. So, so sorry I didn't get to meet you.[/quote]
Yay Gem!! And nygrrrl I'm in town for the April 2 ASD. Gem - did you get a lot of good info or is it yawn? Did you talk to fin aid?

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Gotti wrote:Yay Gem!! And nygrrrl I'm in town for the April 2 ASD. Gem - did you get a lot of good info or is it yawn? Did you talk to fin aid?

I got a lot of good info.
Good news is that once you send in your FAFSA and the Fordham fin aid application on their site, they say it'll take only a week or two to get back to you with how much need-based aid you will get. Which is AMAZING considering GW doesn't tell you until after you've made a deposit for a seat. :twisted:

So I'm gonna do the Fordham app in the next week and find out how much I will get. One of the Deans said that they take into account how close your parents are to retirement. My parents are like 1 year away so I'm interested to see how this will impact how much I get.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it (and they had a session on Financial Aid) and I think you will, too.

Also, it'd probably be awkward for me to go to another ASD but I can always meet you afterwards! :)

maglialoro

Postby maglialoro » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:41 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:45 pm

maglialoro wrote:
Gemini wrote:Anyway, I really enjoyed it (and they had a session on Financial Aid) and I think you will, too.

Also, it'd probably be awkward for me to go to another ASD but I can always meet you afterwards! :)

I agree with you Gemini! Its a lot more personal than I thought it would be when i went. It definetely makes you feel as if they put a lot of time into each applicant who they accept

:mrgreen: THIS. (I believe this more, every day - not just that they think about whom they'll accept, but also that they really think about the class they are putting together. It's an amazing place, Fordham Law.)

kublaikahn

Postby kublaikahn » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:30 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
maglialoro wrote:
Gemini wrote:Anyway, I really enjoyed it (and they had a session on Financial Aid) and I think you will, too.

I agree with you Gemini! Its a lot more personal than I thought it would be when i went. It definetely makes you feel as if they put a lot of time into each applicant who they accept

:mrgreen: THIS. (I believe this more, every day - not just that they think about whom they'll accept, but also that they really think about the class they are putting together. It's an amazing place, Fordham Law.)

What flavor was the koolaid? :)

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:01 pm

I hear different things from the finaid staff. First I was told it would be 2-3 weeks from date of submission. Then someone told me they haven't even started looking at apps yet.

When I went to the first asd, someone knew who I was right after I mentioned my undergrad school. Even remembered my job and LSAT score. Thought that was nice.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Stringer6 wrote:I hear different things from the finaid staff. First I was told it would be 2-3 weeks from date of submission. Then someone told me they haven't even started looking at apps yet.

When I went to the first asd, someone knew who I was right after I mentioned my undergrad school. Even remembered my job and LSAT score. Thought that was nice.

That's actually pretty cool. The one guy who I actually talk to regularly that works in biglaw was a fordham grad 3 years ago. He told me how good the Fordham people were but nice to hear stuff like this anyways.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Yay, Gem is awesome as well! And OperaSoprano was super sweet and tons of good advice. I feel like the school would be a great fit for me. It was nice to get to meet some of the professors, especially since they don't let applicants sit in on classes.
Sadly, I doubt I'll go, but I really felt at home there.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:06 am

Lwoods wrote:

Yay, Gem is awesome as well! And OperaSoprano was super sweet and tons of good advice. I feel like the school would be a great fit for me. It was nice to get to meet some of the professors, especially since they don't let applicants sit in on classes.

What schools rank higher on your list vs fordham?

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:43 am

FiveSermon wrote:
Lwoods wrote:

What schools rank higher on your list vs fordham?

For me, OSU because my husband's job is in Columbus... and a little bit IUB because of the scholarship and proximity to Columbus. If not for my husband, I'm not sure which direction I'd go between UIUC (ranked highest), IUB (largest scholarship) and Fordham (best fit/job prospects).

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Does anyone know if they sent out regular (not wl) acceptances this late in the cycle last year?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:14 pm

ilovesf wrote:Does anyone know if they sent out regular (not wl) acceptances this late in the cycle last year?

Well LSN says that there were quite a few March/April admits. They have to send out acceptances because I believe their deadline is March 1...so you know a bunch of people are still submitting (they get a lot of apps!).

nicole88

Postby nicole88 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:16 pm

I still haven't heard anything... 166 3.4 any chance? (submitted early january)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:22 pm

nicole88 wrote:I still haven't heard anything... 166 3.4 any chance? (submitted early january)

you have a chance...just be patient. I submitted 12/1 and got a response 2/1

peaches2132

Postby peaches2132 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:41 pm

I was also at the ASD and had a different impression. It was a great event, very well-planned but I didn't get that personal feeling that some others got. My tour guide mentioned how she didn't "feel the love" from them either and it's probably because they're a big school (she said 400 per class?! I thought they were smaller!)

Anyway, just my two cents. I appreciated how frank the financial aid presenter was -- he said that if you're not absolutely sure of what you want to do with your JD, consider a cheaper school. So I am. $70k per year is hard to do when it's not even a top-20 school.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:44 pm

peaches2132 wrote:I was also at the ASD and had a different impression. It was a great event, very well-planned but I didn't get that personal feeling that some others got. My tour guide mentioned how she didn't "feel the love" from them either and it's probably because they're a big school (she said 400 per class?! I thought they were smaller!)

Anyway, just my two cents. I appreciated how frank the financial aid presenter was -- he said that if you're not absolutely sure of what you want to do with your JD, consider a cheaper school. So I am. $70k per year is hard to do when it's not even a top-20 school.

To be fair ranks are pretty arbitrary after t17.

peaches2132

Postby peaches2132 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:22 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
To be fair ranks are pretty arbitrary after t17.

Fair enough. It is a great school with seemingly outstanding resources/networking and, as one of the presenters said, the best location in the world. The price tag is just hard to justify for me (straight out of undergrad) - though I may end up there after all is said and done.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”