Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cowgirl_bebop

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:06 pm

sergissimo wrote:
Gotti wrote:okay Fordham pissed me off today. I spent all this time on a LOCI/scholarship negotiation letter (I got $28k/yr from UMN...#22, which is 12 spots above Fordham) and I got this lame ass response today:

Dear Gotti,
It seems that you have some very good choices for law school! Unfortunately, although your GPA is very high, your LSAT score is not high enough for us to award you a merit scholarship.
We hope you choose Fordham Law, it is a great place to study law. However, we wish you well where ever you decide to study.

I'm pissed, man! Fordham is #34 and act like an Ivy. My GPA is extremely high and I'm only 2 LSAT pts below median. My app was great. I hate everything :evil:

I think you should just withdraw if you are that pissed. It would calm you down and open a seat in the class for those of us on the waitlist who would not be pissed off to get in without a scholarship.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Gotti wrote:okay Fordham pissed me off today. I spent all this time on a LOCI/scholarship negotiation letter (I got $28k/yr from UMN...#22, which is 12 spots above Fordham) and I got this lame ass response today:

Dear Gotti,
It seems that you have some very good choices for law school! Unfortunately, although your GPA is very high, your LSAT score is not high enough for us to award you a merit scholarship.
We hope you choose Fordham Law, it is a great place to study law. However, we wish you well where ever you decide to study.

I'm pissed, man! Fordham is #34 and act like an Ivy. My GPA is extremely high and I'm only 2 LSAT pts below median. My app was great. I hate everything :evil:

Only 2 points below median? If I had 2 points higher LSAT score my range would go from lower t14/t17 to CCN. Get real.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 pm

FiveSermon wrote:

Dear Gotti,

Only 2 points below median? If I had 2 points higher LSAT score my range would go from lower t14/t17 to CCN. Get real.

would you like a cookie? lol i find that I couldn't really care any less about your opinion on this matter
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:15 pm

sergissimo wrote:

Dear Gotti,

I think you should just withdraw if you are that pissed. It would calm you down and open a seat in the class for those of us on the waitlist who would not be pissed off to get in without a scholarship.

It's my #1 right now and I do want to go still. I'm just upset that I got such an informal, short response to my very long and caring email detailing my desire to attend.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Apart from Lwoods and me, who else is going to ASD tomorrow??

sergissimo

Postby sergissimo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Gotti wrote:
sergissimo wrote:

Dear Gotti,

It's my #1 right now and I do want to go still. I'm just upset that I got such an informal, short response to my very long and caring email detailing my desire to attend.

It doesn't matter if you are 1/100th of a point below median. They had a certain amount to distribute in scholarships and they will give to those who they believe are best qualified. You didn't make it. They have no obligation to match the effort wou put in the letter you wrote. Believe me, I say this with love.

FF55

Postby FF55 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:22 pm

IN via email. Complete since 12/10 and never went UR.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 pm

ok my bad. I just did not appreciate the shortness/uncaringness of the response after my long letter about why i really want to attend. it's just strange that I was below 25th LSAT at UMN and still got a lot of $ but Fordham was uncaring and short, feel me? I know they have no obligation. It'd at least be nice to say a LITTLE nicer. my bad, though. I do want to go to Fordham.

Zarathustraspoke

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Gemini wrote:Apart from Lwoods and me, who else is going to ASD tomorrow??

I am. I haven't registered yet I should probably do that...

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:46 pm

fordham is probably harder to get into than U Minn. rankings don't always tell the whole story.

maglialoro

Postby maglialoro » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:04 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maglialoro

Postby maglialoro » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:09 pm

-

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:25 pm

Gotti wrote:ok my bad. I just did not appreciate the shortness/uncaringness of the response after my long letter about why i really want to attend. it's just strange that I was below 25th LSAT at UMN and still got a lot of $ but Fordham was uncaring and short, feel me? I know they have no obligation. It'd at least be nice to say a LITTLE nicer. my bad, though. I do want to go to Fordham.

Gotti - I don't know what to say about the "shortness" aspect of it but I will say this: Fordham's Admissions Office was always 150% honest with me (even when it hurt!) and in the end, I really appreciated that.
Please know, they really have NO MONEY. Schools like MN are wealthy beyond belief, compared to us. This is a problem, but it is what it is. I hope to someday earn enough money to endow a scholarship at my beloved school but for now? It's just really tough for them to compete.
I love this school more, every day. The students, the faculty - it's just an incredible place to learn. Hope you can come visit - we'll talk more, in person!
:mrgreen:

dizzynoise

Postby dizzynoise » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:30 pm

did anyone try negotiating scholarship money before receiving their award amount? I'm considering it (I was accepted on Tuesday the 15th) and would like some other opinions on the matter :)

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Please know, they really have NO MONEY.

still don't know why this is the case.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:01 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Gotti wrote:ok my bad. I just did not appreciate the shortness/uncaringness of the response after my long letter about why i really want to attend. it's just strange that I was below 25th LSAT at UMN and still got a lot of $ but Fordham was uncaring and short, feel me? I know they have no obligation. It'd at least be nice to say a LITTLE nicer. my bad, though. I do want to go to Fordham.

Gotti - I don't know what to say about the "shortness" aspect of it but I will say this: Fordham's Admissions Office was always 150% honest with me (even when it hurt!) and in the end, I really appreciated that.
Please know, they really have NO MONEY. Schools like MN are wealthy beyond belief, compared to us. This is a problem, but it is what it is. I hope to someday earn enough money to endow a scholarship at my beloved school but for now? It's just really tough for them to compete.
I love this school more, every day. The students, the faculty - it's just an incredible place to learn. Hope you can come visit - we'll talk more, in person!

nygrrrl, if you don't mind me asking, are you paying sticker?

lol I need you to periodically that it's okay to pay sticker there :? I'm nervous. But I want to go to NYC.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:00 pm

maglialoro wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:

i went to the first one andr registered the night before..no biggie. Although, now i wish i didnt go to the first one because it seems like a lot more people are going to this one :(

Mag I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go to the one on April 2nd as well (mainly to meet Gotti) so I doubt they'll stop you from coming again and again. :)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Gemini wrote:
maglialoro wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:

i went to the first one andr registered the night before..no biggie. Although, now i wish i didnt go to the first one because it seems like a lot more people are going to this one :(

Mag I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go to the one on April 2nd as well (mainly to meet Gotti) so I doubt they'll stop you from coming again and again. :)

haha!!<333
you know you don't have to do that...we can just go out after!

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Yeah would it ease your pain if they gave you a wall of text instead of a short paragraph? What did you expect? For them to send you flowers and a 12 page letter trying to console you? Get over it. It's not like they replied with a one word response. You could have sent them a freaking 20 page research paper on why you should get scholarship money. Their 1 paragraph or 2-3 sentence response is more than adequate and it's dumb to consider that rude.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Gotti wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

nygrrrl, if you don't mind me asking, are you paying sticker?

lol I need you to periodically that it's okay to pay sticker there :? I'm nervous. But I want to go to NYC.

Sticker at Fordham is a pretty dumb move financially. There's about a 70-80% chance that you won't get biglaw then you're stuck with 200k debt and a 60-80k salary. That just spells doom (financially at least).

If you have your parents paying for law school or you have some biglaw job waiting for you once you graduate or you are a URM, I guess it's a different story.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:30 pm

FiveSermon. I was not asking you what your opinion about sticker at Fordham was. No one cares. Tbh I didn't even read it lol. No one wants to hear about how dumb you think it is to attend a school you're not even going to.

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Gotti wrote:FiveSermon. I was not asking you what your opinion about sticker at Fordham was. No one cares. Tbh I didn't even read it lol. No one wants to hear about how dumb you think it is to attend a school you're not even going to.

Who said I'm not going to go?

Anyways I'll give my opinion if I choose to, you can just not read it if you want. You can keep telling me you aren't asking for my opinion also but that doesn't really matter to me. Want a cookie though?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:43 pm

--ImageRemoved--

maglialoro

Postby maglialoro » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:27 am

-

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:53 am

Gotti wrote:FiveSermon. I was not asking you what your opinion about sticker at Fordham was. No one cares. Tbh I didn't even read it lol. No one wants to hear about how dumb you think it is to attend a school you're not even going to.

I'm glad I'm not going there. It seems like you're going to have a lot of jerks in your class gotti. Hopefully they confine them all to the same miserable section.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”