Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby LS-boundNYC » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:39 pm

n_gal wrote:
ali15 wrote:Anyone get updated yesterday to 2/15


I did


Same here. I was hoping to squeeze in an acceptance by this weekend for the visit, but alas...

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby rocon7383 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Has anyone on the waitlist received any new info or anything from the admissions office?

User avatar
LocalNative
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby LocalNative » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:45 pm

rocon7383 wrote:Has anyone on the waitlist received any new info or anything from the admissions office?


Nope.

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 pm

ali15 wrote:Anyone get updated yesterday to 2/15


I did also

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Best of Luck to you potential members of the Fordham Family :D

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby SherlockHolmes » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:18 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
ali15 wrote:Anyone get updated yesterday to 2/15


I did also


Sames.

User avatar
njn3
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:08 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby njn3 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 am

Is anyone still on a completed date in january...my status is still application complete 1/19...

I don't know how fordham works with the status checker...I went in review almost everywhere else but from reading this I'm guessing fordham doesn't have that...

sargoodie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby sargoodie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 am

Does anyone have any insight on how Fordham utilizes it's WL?

atkpl
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby atkpl » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:46 am

I submitted 11/29,

Got my second complete date 12/22 and still sitting there...

Should I be worried?? cuz I am getting worried now lol

Am I waiting abnormally long time??

167/3.5

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Lawst » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 am

njn3 wrote:Is anyone still on a completed date in january...my status is still application complete 1/19...

I don't know how fordham works with the status checker...I went in review almost everywhere else but from reading this I'm guessing fordham doesn't have that...

YES. 1/18 here. Fordham and Northeastern are the only schools out of 13 that haven't updated my profile at all since I applied and went complete. Fordham is pretty much my top choice, too, so it's starting to get to me. I'm glad I'm not alone. Well, I mean, I'd be happier for both of us if they, you know, looked at our files. :|

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:40 am

Lawst wrote:
njn3 wrote:Is anyone still on a completed date in january...my status is still application complete 1/19...

I don't know how fordham works with the status checker...I went in review almost everywhere else but from reading this I'm guessing fordham doesn't have that...

YES. 1/18 here. Fordham and Northeastern are the only schools out of 13 that haven't updated my profile at all since I applied and went complete. Fordham is pretty much my top choice, too, so it's starting to get to me. I'm glad I'm not alone. Well, I mean, I'd be happier for both of us if they, you know, looked at our files. :|



Me three. It's my second date. But I didn't realize I needed three before going UR. *sigh* I don't know what Fordham and Brooklyn are doing with my aps. I swear they've fallen into a black hole.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:43 am

Lwoods wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Congrats to the newest admits!!! Let me know if you are planning on ASD Saturday-- I might stop by the reception, since I'll likely be toiling at my journal that day anyway. <3

To anyone debating a LOCI at this point, I would go in person if you live nearby. I did that, and I believe it made a difference in my cycle.


I'll be there! What's the dress code, typically?

PS La Boheme is my favorite opera. Did you ever see Baz's version at the Broadway?


Dress code is just something cute, IMO. You can wear jeans if you like, or a skirt and a cute top, if it isn't freezing. You are already in!

User avatar
njn3
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:08 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby njn3 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:44 am

ok good to know I'm not the only one...I guess, I was expecting an answer or an update a bit too quickly considering how long some on here have waited

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby kruiz88 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 am

njn3 wrote:ok good to know I'm not the only one...I guess, I was expecting an answer or an update a bit too quickly considering how long some on here have waited

+1

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Lawst » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:54 am

subtle wrote:
Lawst wrote:
njn3 wrote:Is anyone still on a completed date in january...my status is still application complete 1/19...

I don't know how fordham works with the status checker...I went in review almost everywhere else but from reading this I'm guessing fordham doesn't have that...

YES. 1/18 here. Fordham and Northeastern are the only schools out of 13 that haven't updated my profile at all since I applied and went complete. Fordham is pretty much my top choice, too, so it's starting to get to me. I'm glad I'm not alone. Well, I mean, I'd be happier for both of us if they, you know, looked at our files. :|



Me three. It's my second date. But I didn't realize I needed three before going UR. *sigh* I don't know what Fordham and Brooklyn are doing with my aps. I swear they've fallen into a black hole.

Brooklyn finally updated me to "in review" yesterday, so maybe they're springing into action now. Good luck.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:59 am

Lawst wrote:
subtle wrote:
Lawst wrote:
njn3 wrote:Is anyone still on a completed date in january...my status is still application complete 1/19...

I don't know how fordham works with the status checker...I went in review almost everywhere else but from reading this I'm guessing fordham doesn't have that...

YES. 1/18 here. Fordham and Northeastern are the only schools out of 13 that haven't updated my profile at all since I applied and went complete. Fordham is pretty much my top choice, too, so it's starting to get to me. I'm glad I'm not alone. Well, I mean, I'd be happier for both of us if they, you know, looked at our files. :|



Me three. It's my second date. But I didn't realize I needed three before going UR. *sigh* I don't know what Fordham and Brooklyn are doing with my aps. I swear they've fallen into a black hole.

Brooklyn finally updated me to "in review" yesterday, so maybe they're springing into action now. Good luck.


IR 12/15. My two month anniversary was yesterday.

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby lawfreak » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 am

Lawst wrote:
subtle wrote:
Lawst wrote:
njn3 wrote:Is anyone still on a completed date in january...my status is still application complete 1/19...

I don't know how fordham works with the status checker...I went in review almost everywhere else but from reading this I'm guessing fordham doesn't have that...

YES. 1/18 here. Fordham and Northeastern are the only schools out of 13 that haven't updated my profile at all since I applied and went complete. Fordham is pretty much my top choice, too, so it's starting to get to me. I'm glad I'm not alone. Well, I mean, I'd be happier for both of us if they, you know, looked at our files. :|



Me three. It's my second date. But I didn't realize I needed three before going UR. *sigh* I don't know what Fordham and Brooklyn are doing with my aps. I swear they've fallen into a black hole.

Brooklyn finally updated me to "in review" yesterday, so maybe they're springing into action now. Good luck.


I've been "in review" since 1/18. I wouldn't get too excited if I were you.

User avatar
kruiz88
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby kruiz88 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:11 am

Applied 1/1, been complete since 2/2, hoping I don't have to wait till 3/3 to get an answer... :D

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:21 pm

hey guys...can you help me with this please?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=147908

atkpl
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby atkpl » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Just got Waitlisted via status checker...

167/3.5

applied 11/29.

Does anyone know if Fordham uses its waitlist extensively?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:46 pm

atkpl wrote:Just got Waitlisted via status checker...

167/3.5

applied 11/29.

Does anyone know if Fordham uses its waitlist extensively?

Yes they do, PM OperaSoprano or nygrrrl for more details

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:39 pm

okay Fordham pissed me off today. I spent all this time on a LOCI/scholarship negotiation letter (I got $28k/yr from UMN...#22, which is 12 spots above Fordham) and I got this lame ass response today:

Dear Gotti,
It seems that you have some very good choices for law school! Unfortunately, although your GPA is very high, your LSAT score is not high enough for us to award you a merit scholarship.
We hope you choose Fordham Law, it is a great place to study law. However, we wish you well where ever you decide to study.


I'm pissed, man! Fordham is #34 and act like an Ivy. My GPA is extremely high and I'm only 2 LSAT pts below median. My app was great. I hate everything :evil:

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Gotti wrote:okay Fordham pissed me off today. I spent all this time on a LOCI/scholarship negotiation letter (I got $28k/yr from UMN...#22, which is 12 spots above Fordham) and I got this lame ass response today:

Dear Gotti,
It seems that you have some very good choices for law school! Unfortunately, although your GPA is very high, your LSAT score is not high enough for us to award you a merit scholarship.
We hope you choose Fordham Law, it is a great place to study law. However, we wish you well where ever you decide to study.


I'm pissed, man! Fordham is #34 and act like an Ivy. My GPA is extremely high and I'm only 2 LSAT pts below median. My app was great. I hate everything :evil:


Tough one to let go. Sorry :(

sergissimo
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby sergissimo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Gotti wrote:okay Fordham pissed me off today. I spent all this time on a LOCI/scholarship negotiation letter (I got $28k/yr from UMN...#22, which is 12 spots above Fordham) and I got this lame ass response today:

Dear Gotti,
It seems that you have some very good choices for law school! Unfortunately, although your GPA is very high, your LSAT score is not high enough for us to award you a merit scholarship.
We hope you choose Fordham Law, it is a great place to study law. However, we wish you well where ever you decide to study.


I'm pissed, man! Fordham is #34 and act like an Ivy. My GPA is extremely high and I'm only 2 LSAT pts below median. My app was great. I hate everything :evil:


I think you should just withdraw if you are that pissed. It would calm you down and open a seat in the class for those of us on the waitlist who would not be pissed off to get in without a scholarship.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:03 pm

sergissimo wrote:I think you should just withdraw if you are that pissed. It would calm you down and open a seat in the class for those of us on the waitlist who would not be pissed off to get in without a scholarship.


Gotti is upset, but I doubt she's upset enough to withdraw.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crimsonknight, Exabot [Bot], JosefK, jtawil, kvnrogers, notsolawful, Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests