Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Zarathustraspoke

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 am

Lawst wrote:Congrats to those who got in! Wondering around when you applied? I've been sitting at complete since 1/18, with zero updates.
Also seconding the question further up the thread about how Fordham dings you - do they tell you via status checker, e-mail, snail mail? And do you ever leave "complete"?

I applied 11/22. went complete for the first time mid-December and my last complete date was 1/25. No, never left complete just date changes. With regards to dings I think they do it over email but don't quote me on that.

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:04 am

Zarathustraspoke wrote:
Lawst wrote:Congrats to those who got in! Wondering around when you applied? I've been sitting at complete since 1/18, with zero updates.
Also seconding the question further up the thread about how Fordham dings you - do they tell you via status checker, e-mail, snail mail? And do you ever leave "complete"?

I applied 11/22. went complete for the first time mid-December and my last complete date was 1/25. No, never left complete just date changes. With regards to dings I think they do it over email but don't quote me on that.

So there's no such status as "in review" or "sent to committee?"

Zarathustraspoke

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:09 am

blacklawboss wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:

Nope.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:22 am

blacklawboss wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:

There were for some people. I know for a fact Gemini went complete a few (maybe 3?) times & then went under review then went back to complete and then got a decision right after. I saw a lot of people with that, but it doesn't seem to work that way anymore. I just had 3 complete dates and then a decision approx 1/2 a month after my 3rd complete

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 am

Gotti wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:

There were for some people. I know for a fact Gemini went complete a few (maybe 3?) times & then went under review then went back to complete and then got a decision right after. I saw a lot of people with that, but it doesn't seem to work that way anymore. I just had 3 complete dates and then a decision approx 1/2 a month after my 3rd complete

Dang I think I'm on my 1st complete date

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:24 am

Zarathustraspoke wrote:Saving money is always a win, good job ;) and I believe I saw you confirm your presence in the meet-up thread which will hopefully be a dope defining outing.

Definitely. It'll be sick! You down for a crazy drunk 0L night!?! :mrgreen:

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:25 am

Wait correction I'm on my 2nd complete date now after my "douchey" email lets see what happens folks

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:26 am

Gotti wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:Saving money is always a win, good job ;) and I believe I saw you confirm your presence in the meet-up thread which will hopefully be a dope defining outing.

And Gotti you're on the west coast when do you sleep????

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:27 am

blacklawboss wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Lol I sleep at like 12-1...I just have work at 7 am every day so I'm up REALLY early

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:28 am

Gotti wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Lol I sleep at like 12-1...I just have work at 7 am every day so I'm up REALLY early

ok got it

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:45 am

Gotti wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
Gotti wrote:

When you come here and we party, I'm gonna be so tired because you'll be on California time. :P

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:48 am

Gemini wrote:
Gotti wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:And Gotti you're on the west coast when do you sleep????

When you come here and we party, I'm gonna be so tired because you'll be on California time. :P

it's okay, you'll get used to it if you're my roommate ;)

hahah jk. Hey I'm going to see GW at some point during my trip (anywhere between march 31 and april 3 or 4)...RJ and I are going to DC cuz he just got into GULC too. Did you wanna roll with?

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:50 am

Sure, sounds good!

I think GW ASW is April 8th. They don't reimburse travel unless you end up there, though. :?

Zarathustraspoke

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:54 am

Gotti wrote:

Im always down for drinks, music, and ladies :)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 am

Gemini wrote:Sure, sounds good!

I think GW ASW is April 8th. They don't reimburse travel unless you end up there, though. :?

Yeah I can't go to the 4/8 ASD unfortunately...can't stay in NYC for like 10 days haha, I'll be too poor missing that much work!
But yeah I'm just gonna go visit and sit in on classes, etc. I know you have work, though, so that might be tough for you to go during the week.
Plus I heard the bus from Chinatown NYC to DC is $30 or something. Not bad.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:59 am

Gotti wrote:

Yeah I can't go to the 4/8 ASD unfortunately...can't stay in NYC for like 10 days haha, I'll be too poor missing that much work!
But yeah I'm just gonna go visit and sit in on classes, etc. I know you have work, though, so that might be tough for you to go during the week.

Please go with MegaBus or Bolt Bus instead. Just as cheap but much less sketch.

-former [NYC] Chinatown resident

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Please go with MegaBus or Bolt Bus instead. Just as cheap but much less sketch.

-former [NYC] Chinatown resident

Haha! Thanks LW! My bf took the Chinatown one and he said it was fine, but I think I'll take your word for it. He's definitely almost a foot taller than me and way bigger :lol:

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Bolt bus! Love the $1 seats, lol. I'd really like to go to Boston via Bolt. *crosses fingers*

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Zarathustraspoke wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Im always down for drinks, music, and ladies :)

Sounds good!! I'm excited to meet everyone :D
I'm sure we'll be an interesting group of people

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Gemini wrote:Bolt bus! Love the $1 seats, lol. I'd really like to go to Boston via Bolt. *crosses fingers*

Hahaha I FEEL YOUR ACCEPTANCE COMING GEM!!

I wanted to do DC and Boston in one trip to NYC but in 5-6 days that might be a little much considering I can't stay in Boston (don't want to pay for a hotel since my bff lives in NYC)

Honikane

Postby Honikane » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:34 pm

So I found out I was waitlisted 2/11 and called to find out who I should send my LOCI too and the admissions office told me to e-mail it to the attention of the Admissions Committee. Has anyone received this response?

ali15

Postby ali15 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:34 pm

Anyone get updated yesterday to 2/15

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Honikane wrote:So I found out I was waitlisted 2/11 and called to find out who I should send my LOCI too and the admissions office told me to e-mail it to the attention of the Admissions Committee. Has anyone received this response?

No but just ask them to add it to your file when you email them

n_gal

Postby n_gal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:46 pm

ali15 wrote:Anyone get updated yesterday to 2/15

I did

Honikane

Postby Honikane » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Gotti wrote:
Honikane wrote:So I found out I was waitlisted 2/11 and called to find out who I should send my LOCI too and the admissions office told me to e-mail it to the attention of the Admissions Committee. Has anyone received this response?

No but just ask them to add it to your file when you email them

Well I sent the e-maila nd am mailing a hard copy....*fingers crossed*

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”