Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
maglialoro

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby maglialoro » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:13 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:15 pm

maglialoro wrote:
lawfreak wrote:I also sent an LOCI even though I only applied 1/7, but I didn't send info from other schools. Do you think the LOCI will hurt me?

I dont know if the LOCI will hurt, but I just didnt think it was right to seemingly bully a school into accepting you by showing off with what other schools have accepted you and with how much money.

You're mixing me up with the other dude that wrote about their other acceptences. In fact, i specifically said I did not do that.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:26 pm

I've been complete since 10/25 and I still haven't heard anything! I haven't sent a LOCI. I don't think it is a good idea to send one before hearing one peep from them. As annoying it is to wait - it is only February, and you haven't even been waitlisted or anything yet.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:44 pm

ilovesf wrote:I've been complete since 10/25 and I still haven't heard anything! I haven't sent a LOCI. I don't think it is a good idea to send one before hearing one peep from them. As annoying it is to wait - it is only February, and you haven't even been waitlisted or anything yet.

I disagree. I think it's okay to send a LOCI if you've been waiting for months like that...especially in light of new information. I did this NYU when my S/O got in & assured them that they were my #1 choice and that I would withdraw all my apps (including from higher & similarly ranked schools) if admitted.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Gotti wrote:
ilovesf wrote:I've been complete since 10/25 and I still haven't heard anything! I haven't sent a LOCI. I don't think it is a good idea to send one before hearing one peep from them. As annoying it is to wait - it is only February, and you haven't even been waitlisted or anything yet.

I disagree. I think it's okay to send a LOCI if you've been waiting for months like that...especially in light of new information. I did this NYU when my S/O got in & assured them that they were my #1 choice and that I would withdraw all my apps (including from higher & similarly ranked schools) if admitted.

I don't know, I've heard both things on this board. It's more like I don't want to do anything to mess up my chances, including sending a preemptive LOCI. I also don't have any new information whatsoever, so it doesn't really add anything to my file either.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:51 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I don't know, I've heard both things on this board. It's more like I don't want to do anything to mess up my chances, including sending a preemptive LOCI. I also don't have any new information whatsoever, so it doesn't really add anything to my file either.

oh yeah I mean if you wrote a why X essay already and nothing has changed (read: nothing has made you realize that getting into Fordham means more to you now than it did when you first applied), then there's no point. I was just pointing out that a LOCI with new information would be helpful for the adcomms evaluating your file.

But damn...since October?? I don't know...I'd write a LOCI if you didn't initially write a why X essay. but that's just me

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Just got an email re:merit aid today. $7500/year for three years

3.3/172

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Gotti wrote:I don't know, I've heard both things on this board. It's more like I don't want to do anything to mess up my chances, including sending a preemptive LOCI. I also don't have any new information whatsoever, so it doesn't really add anything to my file either.

oh yeah I mean if you wrote a why X essay already and nothing has changed (read: nothing has made you realize that getting into Fordham means more to you now than it did when you first applied), then there's no point. I was just pointing out that a LOCI with new information would be helpful for the adcomms evaluating your file.

But damn...since October?? I don't know...I'd write a LOCI if you didn't initially write a why X essay. but that's just me[/quote]

Yeah it is kind of a murky situation.. it sucks. I actually didn't write a why fordham essay, because I hadn't found TLS before my applications. My advisor told me that I shouldn't write extra essays unless I had something really important to say. I'd love to go to Fordham, but I'm not positive I'd choose it over Hastings or Davis, the two other schools I'm waiting on. I guess these three schools are taking a while because my numbers aren't too impressive and they are waiting to see what the other applicants look like.

Zarathustraspoke

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:25 pm

In via email!

big win. lets negotiate some aid now, hopefully.

leefair123

Postby leefair123 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 pm

It says complete since 2/4/11????

boozehound

Postby boozehound » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:27 pm

In today by email @ 6:30pm EST (3.0, 167). Surprised and happy!

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Zarathustraspoke wrote:In via email!

Yay!! I was rooting for you :)
How are you gonna negotiate? I'm in the process of this too...I am planning on starting correspondence tonight or tomorrow

babyoll7304

Postby babyoll7304 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:44 pm

If you don't get in, do they let you know via status checker? Or do they use snail-mail and leave your status as complete?

Zarathustraspoke

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Gotti wrote:

How are you gonna negotiate? I'm in the process of this too...I am planning on starting correspondence tonight or tomorrow

I have a scholarship from Ullinois that I plan leveraging with but I am thinking of waiting a week or so and see if I get anymore sweet surprises. I applied to BU so if I get in there I would definitely try and use that to get some scholarship money from Fordham. How do you plan on going about it(you can pm me if you want)?

so does this mean we'll be seeing each other at ASD???

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 pm

So happy for you! See you saturday?

Zarathustraspoke

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Gemini wrote:

So happy for you! See you saturday?

Seems likely. I haven't really looked into it. Im sure everything is on the website, right?

edit:seems more than likely.

SherlockHolmes

Postby SherlockHolmes » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Finally switched to my second complete date. Congrats to all those accepted today!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:40 pm

HOORAY and CONGRATULATIONS to all of the new admits!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I should have remembered this from last year - that there were a bunch of admits right before ASW.
Yipppeeeeee!!!!
I promise I won't be too gung ho on school next weekend (no - seriously - I'll be in the middle of the final push before Appellate Brief is due - I REALLY won't be too gung ho on school!) but for the record?
I do love this school.

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Congrats to those who got in! Wondering around when you applied? I've been sitting at complete since 1/18, with zero updates.
Also seconding the question further up the thread about how Fordham dings you - do they tell you via status checker, e-mail, snail mail? And do you ever leave "complete"?

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Congrats to the newest admits!!! Let me know if you are planning on ASD Saturday-- I might stop by the reception, since I'll likely be toiling at my journal that day anyway. <3

To anyone debating a LOCI at this point, I would go in person if you live nearby. I did that, and I believe it made a difference in my cycle.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:10 am

OperaSoprano wrote:Congrats to the newest admits!!! Let me know if you are planning on ASD Saturday-- I might stop by the reception, since I'll likely be toiling at my journal brief that day anyway.

To anyone debating a LOCI at this point, I would go in person if you live nearby. I did that, and I believe it made a difference in my cycle.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Congrats to the newest admits!!! Let me know if you are planning on ASD Saturday-- I might stop by the reception, since I'll likely be toiling at my journal brief that day anyway.

<3

I remember what that was like. The good news is that LRW is almost over, and soon you'll have the writing competition to look forward to!

(I am being mostly facetious, but I'm still really, really glad I finished it.)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:11 am

Zarathustraspoke wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I have a scholarship from Ullinois that I plan leveraging with but I am thinking of waiting a week or so and see if I get anymore sweet surprises. I applied to BU so if I get in there I would definitely try and use that to get some scholarship money from Fordham. How do you plan on going about it(you can pm me if you want)?

I'll PM you for the negotiation stuff!

I unfortunately live in CA so I can't fly out on such short notice but I'm definitely going to the April 2nd one! Come to that tooooo!!
I did talk to them about the $250 reimbursement though and it's a GO!! :D Yay for saving money!

Zarathustraspoke

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:39 am

Gotti wrote:
Zarathustraspoke wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I'll PM you for the negotiation stuff!

I unfortunately live in CA so I can't fly out on such short notice but I'm definitely going to the April 2nd one! Come to that tooooo!!
I did talk to them about the $250 reimbursement though and it's a GO!! :D Yay for saving money!

Saving money is always a win, good job ;) and I believe I saw you confirm your presence in the meet-up thread which will hopefully be a dope defining outing.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:46 am

OperaSoprano wrote:Congrats to the newest admits!!! Let me know if you are planning on ASD Saturday-- I might stop by the reception, since I'll likely be toiling at my journal that day anyway. <3

I'll be there! What's the dress code, typically?

PS La Boheme is my favorite opera. Did you ever see Baz's version at the Broadway?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”