Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gemini

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:45 pm

giddybiscuit wrote:
livefreeordie wrote:Status Checker not loading again! Does this mean updates?

Hope so!

Sorry to burst your bubble but Fordham has lots of website issues that has nothing to do with them updating anything. :?

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Im withdrawing from the waitlist.

I hope my spot goes to someone on here.

Good luck everyone!

fakemoney

Postby fakemoney » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Last edited by fakemoney on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 pm

How should I go about asking Fordham about possible scholly money? Should I just e-mail the admissions office?

I'm pretty sure I got nothing comin to me, and if that's so, I'll probably withdraw soon.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:48 am

2014 people, did anyone see this?

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2011/01/1 ... bb-freed-3

Also, scholly negotiations are best in person, but if you don't live here, an email is appropriate. I believe the school has more money to give out now than it did when I was an applicant. I saw some bigger awards given last year than the year before, anyway. I hope you have good luck with it!

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:12 am

OperaSoprano wrote:2014 people, did anyone see this?

Also, scholly negotiations are best in person, but if you don't live here, an email is appropriate. I believe the school has more money to give out now than it did when I was an applicant. I saw some bigger awards given last year than the year before, anyway. I hope you have good luck with it!

What're the odds they'd up their offer? Fordham could definitely stay in the running with an even more generous offer than they have, but I feel obnoxious asking for more after an initial offer that seems to be to the upper end of what they give out.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:33 am

Arbiter213 wrote:

What're the odds they'd up their offer? Fordham could definitely stay in the running with an even more generous offer than they have, but I feel obnoxious asking for more after an initial offer that seems to be to the upper end of what they give out.

What did they offer? You can PM me if you don't want to post, but I have some idea of the most they give out from cycle to cycle. There are a tiny, tiny handful of full rides IIRC, and a few very large scholarships that seem to be bigger than they were when I applied. Last year's biggest awards (aside from these named full rides) were in the range of $75k. Fordham doesn't have a ton of extra money, and I should point out most of my classmates were on equal footing and it had a positive effect on us, ironically, as far as camaraderie went. You will never ever see scholarship stipulations here, as some other schools even in the T1 like to do.

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 am

Figures it'll be completed as soon as we graduate :(

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:41 am

jwmalone87 wrote:

Figures it'll be completed as soon as we graduate :(

I know right? At least in the school now, we'd get our own locker. Which I think is a pretty awesome thing. I would NOT want to carry around many many pounds of books all day long.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

What did they offer? You can PM me if you don't want to post, but I have some idea of the most they give out from cycle to cycle. There are a tiny, tiny handful of full rides IIRC, and a few very large scholarships that seem to be bigger than they were when I applied. Last year's biggest awards (aside from these named full rides) were in the range of $75k. Fordham doesn't have a ton of extra money, and I should point out most of my classmates were on equal footing and it had a positive effect on us, ironically, as far as camaraderie went. You will never ever see scholarship stipulations here, as some other schools even in the T1 like to do.

It's in my profile: $60 was my offer, and I had seen they tend to cap out at $75. A half tuition scholarship at Fordham would keep them very firmly in the running, since I have a strong preference for New York. Do you think they'd give me the extra $5k a year in light of, say, a full ride offer from Illinois?

nyankees51

Postby nyankees51 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:28 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

It's in my profile: $60 was my offer, and I had seen they tend to cap out at $75. A half tuition scholarship at Fordham would keep them very firmly in the running, since I have a strong preference for New York. Do you think they'd give me the extra $5k a year in light of, say, a full ride offer from Illinois?

Arbiter our numbers are very similar and I was wondering if the scholarship offer came in your acceptance packet because I am currently waiting for mine to come in.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:16 pm

nyankees51 wrote:
Arbiter our numbers are very similar and I was wondering if the scholarship offer came in your acceptance packet because I am currently waiting for mine to come in.

Seperate email that came like a day later. (Might have been same day).

SherlockHolmes

Postby SherlockHolmes » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm joining this thread as well. Wish every one the best!

BHDLaw

Postby BHDLaw » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Accepted today via Status Checker.....totally unexpected! Awesome! Good luck to everyone!

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:24 pm

BHDLaw wrote:Accepted today via Status Checker.....totally unexpected! Awesome! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats!! How are your numbers? (a PM would be fine if you'd rather not post)

sergissimo

Postby sergissimo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:08 pm

I have just been waitlisted. They have a survey that you fill out and tell them the latest date you would be willing to hear from them. Anybody have any suggestions? I just want to make sure I give them a date that maximizes my chances of being accepted without losing out else where. (in case I have to make a decision for another school and still haven't heard from Fordham)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:25 am

sergissimo wrote:I have just been waitlisted. They have a survey that you fill out and tell them the latest date you would be willing to hear from them. Anybody have any suggestions? I just want to make sure I give them a date that maximizes my chances of being accepted without losing out else where. (in case I have to make a decision for another school and still haven't heard from Fordham)

Just put the latest date possible then withdraw if you change your mind.

Also, would you mind sharing your stats?

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:45 pm

anyone going to the Admitted Student Day on Friday 1/28?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Fordham doesn't give stipends to come visit, right?

ETA: once you get in, of course

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Gotti wrote:Fordham doesn't give stipends to come visit, right?

Don't think so. You can always ask though... once you get in. :wink:

I'm going to the one in February. Hopefully, Gotti, you'll be admitted by then.

lawgrl21

Postby lawgrl21 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Stringer6 wrote:anyone going to the Admitted Student Day on Friday 1/28?

i'll be there!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Gotti wrote:Fordham doesn't give stipends to come visit, right?

I don't believe so, though I was way to close to qualify anyway. Since you'd be coming from CA, probably wouldn't hurt to ask.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:17 pm

One thing I don't like about Fordham ASD is the lack of a reception (Am I right?). That limits the socializing and getting to know your future classmates thing. :?

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Gemini wrote:One thing I don't like about Fordham ASD is the lack of a reception (Am I right?). That limits the socializing and getting to know your future classmates thing. :?

There was a reception in the courtyard outside at the one in June. My guess is with 1) the weather, 2) classes being in session, and 3) the lack of a big open space in the law building, they don't have much of a choice for the winter month ASDs.

That being said, I think some people met up beforehand for breakfast / coffee last year

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:42 pm

there is a breakfast in the morning and a reception in the afternoon...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”