Fordham 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
blacklawboss

Silver

Re: Fordham 2011

Post by blacklawboss » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:52 am

Gotti wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
NICCCE LOL. I so want to meet Keri Hilson next year. Funniest thing is that she isn't URM. Or is she lol?
Haha it'd be up to her to tell you this.

I hope to see some of you guys in the fall! :D
I don't think she ever hid the fact she's not URM. I never met her but I know that, she just likes black singers/rappers, so that's why she always have tupac, keri hilson etc. as her avatar.
lololololol at this convo!!! No I'm not black haha
I figured that was just being funny :lol:

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:54 am

aliarrow wrote:Man, its a killer to still be waiting on that oneeee missing puzzle piece from a complete cycle. Still no updates for the other 3/28-ers?
None yet is 3/28 your 3rd complete date? It's mine :?

abonda01

Bronze

Post by abonda01 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:55 am

3/30 is my 2nd complete date. :\

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:56 am

abonda01 wrote:3/30 is my 2nd complete date. :\
Sit tight my friend. 2/15 was my 2nd and had to chillax untill 3/28

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:59 am

blacklawboss wrote:
aliarrow wrote:Man, its a killer to still be waiting on that oneeee missing puzzle piece from a complete cycle. Still no updates for the other 3/28-ers?
Yep, my 3rd date. I realllllly hope I get a decision before the end of the week since all of my deposit deadlines are due next week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:01 pm

I don't really want to make a whole new thread for this so I'll try asking here...

Anyone know what comes next after you make your deposit? What's the flow of info from the school? How long until you get class schedule, orientation info, final financial info, etc? Textbook info? Any other important information?

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:08 pm

aliarrow wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
Yep, my 3rd date. I realllllly hope I get a decision before the end of the week since all of my deposit deadlines are due next week.
Same here!!!! We are so in same boat! I hope they realize this and are caring enough to send decisions by friday

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Okay, I kind of wish Fordham had told us about this at ASD.

abonda01

Bronze

Post by abonda01 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:28 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
abonda01 wrote:3/30 is my 2nd complete date. :\
Sit tight my friend. 2/15 was my 2nd and had to chillax untill 3/28
Lawd, I'll probably be a 1L by the time they get to my app then.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:34 pm

aaaaaah wrote:Okay, I kind of wish Fordham had told us about this at ASD.
were you in the green mock class or the orange mock class? look what i found on my desk...i lol'd:

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Gotti wrote:
were you in the green mock class or the orange mock class? look what i found on my desk...i lol'd:

HAHAHA. I love Fordham's charm.

I was in the orange class... didn't notice anything of interest on my desk. I was more focused on staying in my seat though. I think those chairs will be a serious problem for me, lol.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:44 pm

:lol: tbf, as I understand there were only an EXTREMELY limited number of seats for students/general public. The halls have been filled with visiting judges, lawyers, etc. Very popular event. (I have to say, Fordham has really cool stuff like this on a regular basis. Last week's Sports Law Symposium was fantastic.)

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:56 pm

wow that's really friggin cool... although i get the feeling a younger dylan would have scoffed at the over analyzation, lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 pm

aaaaaah wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I was in the orange class... didn't notice anything of interest on my desk. I was more focused on staying in my seat though. I think those chairs will be a serious problem for me, lol.
I know, right? those seats are SO HARD TO STAY IN. I kept slipping backwards and i felt like I was the only one having issues :?

oh yeah also, on the Fordham Law Republican's bulletin board there was a signup sheet that required name/class/email and there was a bunch of names and stuff...then towards the bottom it said
BONER BALLS/1998/what is e-mail?
then of course someone had written their name/class/email under it all normally like they didn't even notice the joke.

I lol'd some more. immature? maybe. but it was funny.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Gotti wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I know, right? those seats are SO HARD TO STAY IN. I kept slipping backwards and i felt like I was the only one having issues :?

oh yeah also, on the Fordham Law Republican's bulletin board there was a signup sheet that required name/class/email and there was a bunch of names and stuff...then towards the bottom it said
then of course someone had written their name/class/email under it all normally like they didn't even notice the joke.

lmao... I guess all this confirms what I've been hearing about Law School = High School pt. 2

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Gotti wrote:I know, right? those seats are SO HARD TO STAY IN. I kept slipping backwards and i felt like I was the only one having issues :?

:lol: Love it.

No, those seats... goddamn. It's gonna be an issue.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:49 pm

The seats that move you automatically into the desk? Those are weird...

Since we'll all have a locker at the school, it's not a bad idea to stow a cushion for comfort. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Gemini wrote:The seats that move you automatically into the desk? Those are weird...

Since we'll all have a locker at the school, it's not a bad idea to stow a cushion for comfort. :)
the comfort isnt the problem...the fact that i can't sit without automatically moving either in or out is a problem. FUCK IT i'll bring my own chair or sit on the ground :mrgreen:

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:09 am

Please be kind Fordham let me know soon, I don't want to waste s on seat deposits! I want the one I love not the one 'm with!

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:35 am

blacklawboss wrote:Please be kind Fordham let me know soon, I don't want to waste s on seat deposits! I want the one I love not the one 'm with!
What did BLS ever do to you?

Every day I wake up telling myself today is the day, and every day I'm disappointed. But... I have a feeling today really is the day.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:47 am

aliarrow wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:Please be kind Fordham let me know soon, I don't want to waste s on seat deposits! I want the one I love not the one 'm with!
What did BLS ever do to you?

Every day I wake up telling myself today is the day, and every day I'm disappointed. But... I have a feeling today really is the day.
Oh I have a new In review date 4/5 very little interest in BLS, at this point its about pride. TODAY Is the day!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kimheami

New

Post by kimheami » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:51 pm

4/4 for me. Wish they would hurry it up a bit. Its April already!! So do they inform people by email or snail mail?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:03 pm

i cycle between coming to terms with the $200k+ debt I'm going to be incurring by attending Fordham and freaking out about it.

I'm currently freaking the fuck out, especially considering I'm not sure I want to do biglaw.

maglialoro

Bronze

Post by maglialoro » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Last edited by maglialoro on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akcorps

Bronze

Post by akcorps » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Gotti wrote:i cycle between coming to terms with the $200k+ debt I'm going to be incurring by attending Fordham and freaking out about it.

I'm currently freaking the fuck out, especially considering I'm not sure I want to do biglaw.
Seriously? If you don't mind my asking, then why Fordham? You could do PI or work in a smaller law firm/hang out your own shingle at another school that would offer you more aid than Fordham.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”