Fordham 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snichols16

Bronze

Re: Fordham 2011

Post by snichols16 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:32 pm

kfresha wrote:
snichols16 wrote:Just got the "in" email. Is there a standard UN/PW for the admitted student website, or do I have to wait until they email me with the info?
congrats!

I got another e-mail later that day with the admitted site username and stuff
10-4. Thank you.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:25 pm

snichols16 wrote:Just got the "in" email. Is there a standard UN/PW for the admitted student website, or do I have to wait until they email me with the info?
Congrats! Last complete date?

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:27 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
Congrats! Last complete date?
3/24

a.marie

New

Post by a.marie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Hey guys! Long time reader of TLS and finally decided to post. I was admitted to Fordham on Friday (my last complete date was 3/8) and am so super excited because it's my top choice! The only concern I have is housing because I want to find a roommate but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:17 pm

a.marie wrote:Hey guys! Long time reader of TLS and finally decided to post. I was admitted to Fordham on Friday (my last complete date was 3/8) and am so super excited because it's my top choice! The only concern I have is housing because I want to find a roommate but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?
First, congrats!
Trust me when I say you don't need to worry about housing now. NYC housing works so fast that it'd be a good idea to look for places sometime in mid-July (move-in within 2 weeks). You'll have time.

After April 15, I hope most of the convo will move to the "Fordham class of 2014" thread. There, it'll be easier to discuss roommates.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ashleyryan

New

Post by ashleyryan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:22 pm

How does Fordham work? Does the status get changed from your first complete date to another? Does it change to "in review"? I had a original complete date of 2/7 and it updated to 4/4. Should I be receiving a decision soon? :)&:'dodmekpepsmxkdospslps I hope!

a.marie

New

Post by a.marie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Gemini wrote:
a.marie wrote:Hey guys! Long time reader of TLS and finally decided to post. I was admitted to Fordham on Friday (my last complete date was 3/8) and am so super excited because it's my top choice! The only concern I have is housing because I want to find a roommate but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?
First, congrats!
Trust me when I say you don't need to worry about housing now. NYC housing works so fast that it'd be a good idea to look for places sometime in mid-July (move-in within 2 weeks). You'll have time.

After April 15, I hope most of the convo will move to the "Fordham class of 2014" thread. There, it'll be easier to discuss roommates.

Thank you so much! The idea of waiting until the last minute to find a place kinda scares me, but I will definitely take your word for it. :)

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Well it's only early April. Start thinking about it in June. :)

a.marie

New

Post by a.marie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:55 pm

ashleyryan wrote:How does Fordham work? Does the status get changed from your first complete date to another? Does it change to "in review"? I had a original complete date of 2/7 and it updated to 4/4. Should I be receiving a decision soon? :)&:'dodmekpepsmxkdospslps I hope!

My status never went to in review. It updated the complete date 3 times and then I got a decision about 3 weeks after my last complete date. I think I read some people received decisions after 2 completes, but I think the majority get their decision after 3 complete dates.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:15 am

Just sent in a scholarship negotiation to Dean Brown. Fingers crossed!!

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:07 am

Gemini wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
Gemini wrote:Dude, TLS is a good way to bond IRL. :D

It IS weird when people ask "oh hey you know each other?" and the answer is basically "it's complicated." :lol:
This happened to me and Gotti this weekend at the ASD.
NICCCE LOL. I so want to meet Keri Hilson next year. Funniest thing is that she isn't URM. Or is she lol?
Haha it'd be up to her to tell you this.

I hope to see some of you guys in the fall! :D
I don't think she ever hid the fact she's not URM. I never met her but I know that, she just likes black singers/rappers, so that's why she always have tupac, keri hilson etc. as her avatar.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:00 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
Gemini wrote:Dude, TLS is a good way to bond IRL. :D

It IS weird when people ask "oh hey you know each other?" and the answer is basically "it's complicated." :lol:
This happened to me and Gotti this weekend at the ASD.
NICCCE LOL. I so want to meet Keri Hilson next year. Funniest thing is that she isn't URM. Or is she lol?

I don't think she ever hid the fact she's not URM. I never met her but I know that, she just likes black singers/rappers, so that's why she always have tupac, keri hilson etc. as her avatar.

Yeah I figured that. Didn't know if it was a Tls fake out.

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:14 pm

anyone going to the fordham reception in LA this thursday?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:22 pm

nematoad wrote:anyone going to the fordham reception in LA this thursday?
When and where? Where did you get the info? I'd go.

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:32 pm

snichols16 wrote:
7PM at the Magic Castle in Hollywood. Got an email about a month ago. Email Kathryn Espirtu for info. espiritu@law.fordham.edu

It says business attire. I have to wear a suit to the Magic Castle??? I hate suits. Would dark jeans and a blazer be so bad?

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:34 pm

nematoad wrote:
snichols16 wrote:
7PM at the Magic Castle in Hollywood. Got an email about a month ago. Email Kathryn Espirtu for info. espiritu@law.fordham.edu

It says business attire. I have to wear a suit to the Magic Castle??? I hate suits. Would dark jeans and a blazer be so bad?
I'll email her now. I just got admitted the other day, so I can see why it might be lagging.

In my opinion, I treat this whole process as a they say 'jump' and I say 'how high?' sort of deal.

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:37 pm

nematoad wrote:
snichols16 wrote:

And, by the way, your response was the perfect LA response to an NYC request. This is when you start questioning whether you can make the life style adjustment between LA and NYC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:40 pm

snichols16 wrote:
nematoad wrote:
snichols16 wrote:

And, by the way, your response was the perfect LA response to an NYC request. This is when you start questioning whether you can make the life style adjustment between LA and NYC.
those questions began creeping up from the start. what can i say? i'm just as much a product of my environment as the next guy.

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Got a $10k/year merit scholarship today! If I get a decent need-based grant, my decision would be very tough indeed...

icytop89

New

Post by icytop89 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Long time reader, first time poster so bear with me....
I just got my first complete date from fordham. Can anyone give me idea how soon a decision will me made.
Also, how good is the financial aid/scholarships/grants at this school? Is fordham known to be generous/reasonable?
Thanks in advance

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:09 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:

lololololol at this convo!!! No I'm not black haha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

play2win

New

Post by play2win » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:25 am

Oh man, I have been complete for the longest time checking every damn day. And today I just checked, "complete 4/6." The day of reckoning is upon me...

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:30 am

Man, its a killer to still be waiting on that oneeee missing puzzle piece from a complete cycle. Still no updates for the other 3/28-ers?

lawschool567

New

Post by lawschool567 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 am

Any WL movement here yet?

play2win

New

Post by play2win » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:10 am

lawschool567 wrote:Any WL movement here yet?
I'm going to "assume" that the batch of apps I'm in is close to the last one. After that we should start hearing back from the WL.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”