Fordham 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Gold

Re: Fordham 2011

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Gotti wrote:whyyyyyy won't they frickin notify me...it's been 3 weeks & I'm so impatient!

Do they tend to take longer if you have a below median LSAT or GPA? I have one at 25th and one way above 75th. Please tell me I'll hear back next month at the latest...?
:lol: :lol: :lol: YOU! Sit down, you. Deep breaths - Iiiiiinnnnnnn.... and ooooooouuuuuuttttt.
3 weeks is nothing (sorry, no snark intended). My guess is you'll hear back in January - relax!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:46 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Gotti wrote:whyyyyyy won't they frickin notify me...it's been 3 weeks & I'm so impatient!

Do they tend to take longer if you have a below median LSAT or GPA? I have one at 25th and one way above 75th. Please tell me I'll hear back next month at the latest...?
:lol: :lol: :lol: YOU! Sit down, you. Deep breaths - Iiiiiinnnnnnn.... and ooooooouuuuuuttttt.
3 weeks is nothing (sorry, no snark intended - telling you this as someone who went 6 months without an answer but I think my case was an anomaly). My guess is you'll hear back in January - relax!
hahah i knowwww, sorry. I'm just oh so impatient and anxious.

Woods, Elle

Bronze

Post by Woods, Elle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Gotti wrote:
Woods, Elle wrote:Waitlisted. Don't really get why they didn't just reject me... Oh well, it was my reach. Too bad I was 4/4 until I checked Fordham's status lol.
A lot of people have said they really use their WL! Don't give up hope lol

Thanks :) I'm sure I'm low on the WL though - honestly this isn't a "pity me" type of post, but I'm at exactly the 25% for both. That's why I think it's strange they didn't just reject me when others with better numbers have been rejected - I never expected to get in there, but it's good to have a reach :) I'll stay on the WL until August though, we'll see!

Woods, Elle

Bronze

Post by Woods, Elle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:48 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Woods, Elle wrote:Waitlisted. Don't really get why they didn't just reject me... Oh well, it was my reach. Too bad I was 4/4 until I checked Fordham's status lol.
They didn't reject you because they are still interested in you! SEVERAL of my good friends at school were WL'd - Fordham really and truly does use the list. Don't lose hope!
Thanks :) Is there anything I should do in the meantime? To be honest, since I know it's a reach Fordham wasn't my #1 choice - Cardozo/Brooklyn is. That being said, I would love to go there just because it's a great school. Maybe I'll visit it during break and write an addendum.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Woods, Elle wrote:
Gotti wrote:
A lot of people have said they really use their WL! Don't give up hope lol

Thanks :) I'm sure I'm low on the WL though - honestly this isn't a "pity me" type of post, but I'm at exactly the 25% for both. That's why I think it's strange they didn't just reject me when others with better numbers have been rejected - I never expected to get in there, but it's good to have a reach :) I'll stay on the WL until August though, we'll see!
no problem..I didn't think it was a pity-seeking post...just letting you know that everyone has been saying a WL is a good sign! Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Woods, Elle

Bronze

Post by Woods, Elle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Ok, thanks! So yea I think I might as well visit since I live in NY... and while I wait for the others, it'll give me something to do. Thanks again!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Woods, Elle wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
They didn't reject you because they are still interested in you! SEVERAL of my good friends at school were WL'd - Fordham really and truly does use the list. Don't lose hope!
Thanks :) Is there anything I should do in the meantime? To be honest, since I know it's a reach Fordham wasn't my #1 choice - Cardozo/Brooklyn is. That being said, I would love to go there just because it's a great school. Maybe I'll visit it during break and write an addendum.
Visit during break, start writing a LOCI....
And Gotti?
I know EXACTLY how you're feeling. :wink: Sometimes, it seems like it was yesterday that I was in your shoes. Hang in there!!!

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Waitlisted for PT with 167/3.1

Oh well! At least it's not a rejection :) I'll definitely ride this one out and see what happens. Good thing I'm close to NYC, can make a campus visit soon

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:58 pm

WL'd for FT. 3.67 169

I am having a horrible cycle. A horrible cycle.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:04 pm

dreakol wrote:WL'd for FT. 3.67 169

That's really surprising. A lot of the recent WL seem odd. Your numbers are right in the middle of the LSN acceptance chart. Anything odd about your application?

Someone mentioned it earlier, but Fordham really does use their WL extensively, so if you really want to go there, make sure you show an interest. LOCIs, visits, etc.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:05 pm

wowwww wtf!? Where else did you apply/what's happening with your cycle?

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:14 pm

So far Ive been dinged at Penn and Virginia. Deferred at Cornell. WL'd at Illinois, Fordham, and George Mason.

Im still debating putting myself on the WL here. I doubt it though.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:17 pm

That's surprising. Have you gone back and looked at your apps to make sure you didn't make some glaring error?
Do you not have any softs? I know the mantra on here is that softs don't matter, and while I agree that being president of a student organization won't really help you, I think not being involved at all can hurt you.

Good luck! Hope you get good news soon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:17 pm

dreakol wrote:So far Ive been dinged at Penn and Virginia. Deferred at Cornell. WL'd at Illinois, Fordham, and George Mason.

Is there something off about your app (pending charges/no softs/etc)?? I'm sorry :(

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:21 pm

softs are average (I held a full time job while at a top public, leadership positions, etc)

I am too afraid to check my applications for errors. I'd rather think it was my C&F issues.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:27 pm

dreakol wrote:softs are average (I held a full time job while at a top public, leadership positions, etc)

I am too afraid to check my applications for errors. I'd rather think it was my C&F issues.

Oh...yeah I don't think "religious" universities like C&F issues. I know anything drug-related gets you auto-dinged at ND even with crazy high numbers and an expunged record lol

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:28 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

3 weeks is nothing (sorry, no snark intended - telling you this as someone who went 6 months without an answer but I think my case was an anomaly). My guess is you'll hear back in January - relax!
yeah.. three weeks is small beans.. I've been complete for over two months now, I stopped really ever looking at my status checker, you just get used to it. Enjoy the holidays!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:30 pm

dreakol wrote:So far Ive been dinged at Penn and Virginia. Deferred at Cornell. WL'd at Illinois, Fordham, and George Mason.

Wow that is surprising, you have great numbers. Maybe YP at GMU?

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Yay, the admitted students site is up! I think someone wanted to get this done before leaving for break!

http://law.fordham.edu/admitted

Username is your LSAC number, but check your email for your password. My password is both my LSAC password and my status checker password, so I'm not sure which they require for this site. It locks you out after 3 failed attempts, too, so be advised to wait for the email. :)

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Admitted students site is up!!

nematoad

Bronze

Post by nematoad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Lwoods wrote:Yay, the admitted students site is up! I think someone wanted to get this done before leaving for break!

http://law.fordham.edu/admitted

Username is your LSAC number, but check your email for your password. My password is both my LSAC password and my status checker password, so I'm not sure which they require for this site. It locks you out after 3 failed attempts, too, so be advised to wait for the email. :)
whoops missed that :oops:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:44 pm

ilovesf wrote:

Wow that is surprising, you have great numbers. Maybe YP at GMU?
I would say GMU is definitely a YP. They don't have much in the way of scholarships to hand out, and you're a reach for them with those numbers.

fakemoney

Bronze

Post by fakemoney » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Question to some of the W/L people:

Once you submitted the surveymonkey questionnaire, did the link for the survey remain active -- meaning, do you still get the survey questions when you click it? I know I responded to the survey, but the link still goes to the survey questions on my account. I'm starting to get paranoid that my response wasn't registered. I guess I could always ask admissions to confirm that they received my response.

BrownBears09

Bronze

Post by BrownBears09 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:45 pm

ilovesf wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

yeah.. three weeks is small beans.. I've been complete for over two months now, I stopped really ever looking at my status checker, you just get used to it. Enjoy the holidays!
About a month here too. I think it's a good thing tbh. At the very least, it means I didn't get thrown into an auto-WL/reject.

Woods, Elle

Bronze

Post by Woods, Elle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:09 pm

fakemoney wrote:Question to some of the W/L people:

Once you submitted the surveymonkey questionnaire, did the link for the survey remain active -- meaning, do you still get the survey questions when you click it? I know I responded to the survey, but the link still goes to the survey questions on my account. I'm starting to get paranoid that my response wasn't registered. I guess I could always ask admissions to confirm that they received my response.
I can't see the questions anymore, sorry.

^^ For what it's worth... I was initially complete for a month, then went UR --> complete again 12/7

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”