Fordham 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gemini

Gold

Re: Fordham 2011

Post by Gemini » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:46 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
JenDarby wrote:I'm going to leave this in here as well: does anyone have a copy of Whose Monet? that they are looking to sell?

We aren't going to be graded on our extensive knowledge and deep understanding of it during orientation. So, if anyone is willing to let their beloved copy go, let me know! :wink:
so one of the essay questions on my 1L property final was based completely off a hypothetical derived from Whose Monet...

jus sayin
:shock:

LS-boundNYC

Bronze

Post by LS-boundNYC » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Gemini wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
JenDarby wrote:I'm going to leave this in here as well: does anyone have a copy of Whose Monet? that they are looking to sell?

We aren't going to be graded on our extensive knowledge and deep understanding of it during orientation. So, if anyone is willing to let their beloved copy go, let me know! :wink:
so one of the essay questions on my 1L property final was based completely off a hypothetical derived from Whose Monet...

jus sayin
:shock: x100!!!!

I'm guessing this piece of info will make it harder for JenDarby to buy someone's used copy from this board!

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:32 pm

LS-boundNYC wrote:
Gemini wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:

jus sayin
:shock: x100!!!!

I'm guessing this piece of info will make it harder for JenDarby to buy someone's used copy from this board!
Lmaoooo! I started reading last night after true blood. I must admit a very interesting read so far

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:52 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:

jus sayin
Stop ruining my game on trying to buy this book!!!!!

It's ok, I'm sure someone I know will let me borrow it for a day (since that's all I care to have it for). Good lord.

edit: seriously though, good job on this one. You have I'm sure successfully conned a large majority of people in here into creating extensive outlines.

NYCbound35

Bronze

Post by NYCbound35 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:53 pm

So I nabbed one of those spots in the afternoon section and will be commuting down to Fordham by car from Westchester. I'd rather not spend an hour and a half commute by myself every day, so if anyone else in the afternoon section is looking to carpool, hit me up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LS-boundNYC

Bronze

Post by LS-boundNYC » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:17 pm

JenDarby wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:

jus sayin
Stop ruining my game on trying to buy this book!!!!!

It's ok, I'm sure someone I know will let me borrow it for a day (since that's all I care to have it for). Good lord.

edit: seriously though, good job on this one. You have I'm sure successfully conned a large majority of people in here into creating extensive outlines.
Gross. No outlines here. Just reading it. And then skimming it again. Are you already in NYC? You're welcome to borrow my copy if you want. I'm in the evening section, so you could probably even use it during orientation, too. PM me if you want.

nylaw11

New

Post by nylaw11 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:44 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
Youcantstopsteel wrote:Anybody know the schedule for evening division?
If you find out please share
hey im in evening program as well and after some digging i found this quote from someone on the TLS forums (from the forum Fordham 1L Taking Questions), from H.E. Pennypacker on March 29, 2011:

"this year it was approximately:

Fall:
Mon: Crim 6-720
Tues: Contracts 6-8, Legal Writing 8-930
Wed: Contracts 630-920?
Thurs: Crim 6-720, Legal Research 730-820

Spring:

Mon: Torts 6-850
Tues: Prop 6-845
Wed: Prop 630-820
Thurs: Torts 6-750, Legal Writing 8-930"

This is also what the handbook that came with our acceptances said -- classes from around 6-9:45 from Monday - Thursday.

Hope this helps.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:02 pm

LS-boundNYC wrote:Gross. No outlines here. Just reading it. And then skimming it again. Are you already in NYC? You're welcome to borrow my copy if you want. I'm in the evening section, so you could probably even use it during orientation, too. PM me if you want.
<3 thank you!! I broke down and ordered it though. I realized I get 7% cash back from B&N with my credit card, and free rush shipping. I will just sell it to some kid next year or something, should pan out ok.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:37 am

nylaw11 wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
Youcantstopsteel wrote:Anybody know the schedule for evening division?
If you find out please share
hey im in evening program as well and after some digging i found this quote from someone on the TLS forums (from the forum Fordham 1L Taking Questions), from H.E. Pennypacker on March 29, 2011:

"this year it was approximately:

Fall:
Mon: Crim 6-720
Tues: Contracts 6-8, Legal Writing 8-930
Wed: Contracts 630-920?
Thurs: Crim 6-720, Legal Research 730-820

Spring:

Mon: Torts 6-850
Tues: Prop 6-845
Wed: Prop 630-820
Thurs: Torts 6-750, Legal Writing 8-930"

This is also what the handbook that came with our acceptances said -- classes from around 6-9:45 from Monday - Thursday.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I hope my schedule is similar to this.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bronx Bum

Bronze

Post by Bronx Bum » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 am

Whose Monet is not important at all. There is no test and you can zone out 100% in orientation. I didn't even buy it last year and even if you come across a question on the property final (which I really don't remember but Mr. Sofly is probably right), the last thing you will look to for guidance is Whose Monet. Keep your mind fresh and don't worry about taking notes on this book.

Next year at this time you will LOL that you even bought your property textbook.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:Whose Monet is not important at all. There is no test and you can zone out 100% in orientation. I didn't even buy it last year and even if you come across a question on the property final (which I really don't remember but Mr. Sofly is probably right), the last thing you will look to for guidance is Whose Monet. Keep your mind fresh and don't worry about taking notes on this book.

Next year at this time you will LOL that you even bought your property textbook.
I've missed you, Bum! How was your summer?
Truth be told, it was the last question on the property final and if you'd read the book it gave you a tiny leg up but if you'd studied, you should have known it anyway. :D
Hope to see you in the halls, if not in class. :mrgreen:

ETA:he's right. don't take notes on this.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:Whose Monet is not important at all. There is no test and you can zone out 100% in orientation. I didn't even buy it last year and even if you come across a question on the property final (which I really don't remember but Mr. Sofly is probably right), the last thing you will look to for guidance is Whose Monet. Keep your mind fresh and don't worry about taking notes on this book.

Perfect. These were my exact thoughts regarding the book.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:26 pm

12 days till Orientation. :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:38 pm

So the Legal Process class during orientation isn't graded right? I saw it's worth a credit... Is it just a freebie?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:40 pm

<3 my AEP classmates.

that is all.

a.marie

New

Post by a.marie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Gotti wrote:<3 my AEP classmates.

that is all.
:D

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:49 pm

NYC Law wrote:So the Legal Process class during orientation isn't graded right? I saw it's worth a credit... Is it just a freebie?
You've made me slightly curious as well.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:00 pm

a.marie wrote:

that is all.
<3

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:03 pm

JenDarby wrote:
NYC Law wrote:So the Legal Process class during orientation isn't graded right? I saw it's worth a credit... Is it just a freebie?
You've made me slightly curious as well.

when jendarby gets curious i get curious.................

ill go creep along now

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Have you guys checked out our student discounts yet (there's a list on the my.fordham.edu page)? There's actually a lot, I'm excited about the 10% off at Starbucks :D

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:33 pm

NYC Law wrote:Have you guys checked out our student discounts yet (there's a list on the my.fordham.edu page)? There's actually a lot, I'm excited about the 10% off at Starbucks :D
I definitely have, but I also forgot about them. I imagine we need our student IDs? I have been to Starbucks quite a few times in the last few days (using free internet and drinking way too much coffee waiting for my internet to be set up).

Also, <3 north.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:39 pm

I need to check out these discounts. Haven't seen them.. Where are they?

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Gemini wrote:I need to check out these discounts. Haven't seen them.. Where are they?
Here's the list: --LinkRemoved--

We even get a discount at one of the food trucks :D

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Gotti wrote:
a.marie wrote:

that is all.
<3
You guys are super dope! Sorry I had to run home tonight, but TRUST tomorrow nights drinking will be historic :D :D :D :D :D

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
Gotti wrote:
a.marie wrote:

that is all.
<3
You guys are super dope! Sorry I had to run home tonight, but TRUST tomorrow nights drinking will be historic :D :D :D :D :D
Hee hee hee - and we love YOU guys! (but now I'm curious... who is a.marie????)
8) What a great AEP class you all are!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”