Fordham 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MMags

New

Re: Fordham 2011

Post by MMags » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:14 pm

akcorps wrote:
aliarrow wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maglialoro wrote: I dont think its that big of a deal. I do know that the law school is connected to the undergrad but i dont think that the undergrads bother the law students too much
?? the undergrad campus is in the bronx. the LS stands alone.
Bummer... I was just reading an article in US Today about how promiscuous Fordham undergrad girls are, it has to do with the out of whack gender ratio there (and something about the recession; with more students being busier which is why campuses are even more promiscuous now than in 2000-ish).
WTF?! If anything its because they have a reputation for not being very bright, Catholic, and heavy drinkers. Fordham UG and LS are not the same thing at all. I worked with several FU UG girls and they were definitely into partying and I doubt any of them could have gotten into the LS. I really hope I do not have to deal with these students often or even at all. I honestly thought they were all in the Bronx.
Can they be called FUGs then?

maglialoro

Bronze

Post by maglialoro » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Last edited by maglialoro on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:16 pm

maglialoro wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maglialoro wrote: I dont think its that big of a deal. I do know that the law school is connected to the undergrad but i dont think that the undergrads bother the law students too much
The main undergrad campus is in the bronx. There is a smaller undergrad campus in lincoln center that is connected to the law school.
Thanks for clearing that up

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:17 pm

aliarrow wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Bummer... I was just reading an article in US Today about how promiscuous Fordham undergrad girls are, it has to do with the out of whack gender ratio there (and something about the recession; with more students being busier which is why campuses are even more promiscuous now than in 2000-ish).
Even though I'm assuming/hoping you're kidding, you still have NYU and FIT undergrads not so far away. There's a long reputation of promiscuity of NYU women. It was referenced in Clueless.

That sounds awful considering I attended both of those schools... but, as a prude, I really was the exception.

akcorps

Bronze

Post by akcorps » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:17 pm

MMags wrote:
Can they be called FUGs then?
FUGGs (Fordham UnderGrad Girls) is probably better.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Lwoods wrote:
aliarrow wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Even though I'm assuming/hoping you're kidding, you still have NYU and FIT undergrads not so far away. There's a long reputation of promiscuity of NYU women. It was referenced in Clueless.

That sounds awful considering I attended both of those schools... but, as a prude, I really was the exception.
I actually was kinda grossed out by the article. I'm not a prude, but I just like relationships more than hook-ups. It did catch my eye though that Fordham was specifically mentioned as an example (the article itself was about Campuses in general).

akcorps

Bronze

Post by akcorps » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Lwoods wrote:
aliarrow wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Well, I have often told straight male friends looking to take art related classes to go to FIT. The emphasis on fashion leads to a huge number of (fashionable) women with few dating opportunities on campus. But, it ain't that close to Fordham.

Anyway, any law student who is looking for "easy" undergrads needs to grow up.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:23 pm

akcorps wrote:Anyway, any law student who is looking for "easy" undergrads needs to grow up.
werd.

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:24 pm

I OBJECT!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Gotti wrote:
akcorps wrote:Anyway, any law student who is looking for "easy" undergrads needs to grow up.
werd.
Says the women with bfs.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:28 pm

aliarrow wrote:
Gotti wrote:
werd.
Says the women with bfs.
tru dat

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:29 pm

akcorps wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
aliarrow wrote:]

Well, I have often told straight male friends looking to take art related classes to go to FIT. The emphasis on fashion leads to a huge number of (fashionable) women with few dating opportunities on campus. But, it ain't that close to Fordham.

Haha, true. I was just amused that a NY college was called out for having easy female students and it wasn't NYU. Of course, when I was at NYU, it seemed most of the guys were hooking up with FIT girls (which isn't right around the corner from Fordham law but is only 5 stops on the 1...and you can bet that a ton of them will be just across the street during Fashion Week).

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:31 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
aliarrow wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:Please be kind Fordham let me know soon, I don't want to waste s on seat deposits! I want the one I love not the one 'm with!
What did BLS ever do to you?

Every day I wake up telling myself today is the day, and every day I'm disappointed. But... I have a feeling today really is the day.
Oh I have a new In review date 4/5 very little interest in BLS, at this point its about pride. TODAY Is the day!!!

UGGGH!!! The pain of waiting by the phone pressing refresh and seeing that woman studying alllll dayyy :cry: :cry: :cry:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:36 pm

blacklawboss wrote: UGGGH!!! The pain of waiting by the phone pressing refresh and seeing that woman studying alllll dayyy :cry: :cry: :cry:
This day has gone on forever, and I'm so sick of that woman!

If I don't get in by the end of tomorrow then my BU deposit will be sent with Saturday's mail

akcorps

Bronze

Post by akcorps » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Lwoods wrote:Haha, true. I was just amused that a NY college was called out for having easy female students and it wasn't NYU. Of course, when I was at NYU, it seemed most of the guys were hooking up with FIT girls (which isn't right around the corner from Fordham law but is only 5 stops on the 1...and you can bet that a ton of them will be just across the street during Fashion Week).
Hell yeah, forgot about fashion week. I took my wife to the ballet during the last one and just as the ballet was starting the fashion show was getting out. It's definitely something to see, even if you don't like fashion. I can't wait to see Fordham "bros" trying to capitalize on their law school status with models and fashion girls who could really give a shit.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:53 pm

akcorps wrote:
Lwoods wrote:Haha, true. I was just amused that a NY college was called out for having easy female students and it wasn't NYU. Of course, when I was at NYU, it seemed most of the guys were hooking up with FIT girls (which isn't right around the corner from Fordham law but is only 5 stops on the 1...and you can bet that a ton of them will be just across the street during Fashion Week).
Hell yeah, forgot about fashion week. I took my wife to the ballet during the last one and just as the ballet was starting the fashion show was getting out. It's definitely something to see, even if you don't like fashion. I can't wait to see Fordham "bros" trying to capitalize on their law school status with models and fashion girls who could really give a shit.
Hey hey hey... this isn't CLS we're talking about.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:58 pm

aliarrow wrote:
blacklawboss wrote: UGGGH!!! The pain of waiting by the phone pressing refresh and seeing that woman studying alllll dayyy :cry: :cry: :cry:
This day has gone on forever, and I'm so sick of that woman!

If I don't get in by the end of tomorrow then my BU deposit will be sent with Saturday's mail
I have till next friday for my #2 and I can pay online... I cant believe I would turn down 84k to pay sticker smh

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Does anyone know if Fordham grants deposit extensions? Cornell is freakin' killing me.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:15 pm

can we pay the deposit online? if not, does it have to be postmarked by April 15 or does it have to be IN by april 15?

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Gotti wrote:can we pay the deposit online? if not, does it have to be postmarked by April 15 or does it have to be IN by april 15?
Not sure but you can definitely do it on the phone.

Also, come join the fb group, missy!

leefair123

Bronze

Post by leefair123 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Just got dinged status checker thanks fordham only sent in aug

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:23 pm

leefair123 wrote:Just got dinged status checker thanks fordham only sent in aug

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:29 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
leefair123 wrote:Just got dinged status checker thanks fordham only sent in aug
DAMMIT MAN THAT SUCKS!

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:23 pm

aaaaaah wrote:Does anyone know if Fordham grants deposit extensions? Cornell is freakin' killing me.
They do.

a.marie

New

Post by a.marie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Gemini wrote:
Gotti wrote:can we pay the deposit online? if not, does it have to be postmarked by April 15 or does it have to be IN by april 15?
Not sure but you can definitely do it on the phone.

Also, come join the fb group, missy!

You can pay the deposit online, too. It's on the admitted student website and is really easy to do.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”