UW-Madison 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WarioLaw
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby WarioLaw » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:47 pm

LHC wrote:
WarioLaw wrote:I was accepted with a 173 LSAT so I don't think YP explains all of Wisconsin's WL behavior. I am still strongly considering Wisconsin and can't wait to visit Madison.


Welcome! You'll love Madison - besides the cold and snow it's a great place.


Thanks. I am in Ann Arbor now. I hear it's a lot like Ann Arbor except with a decent football team.

User avatar
yoitsmebenny
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby yoitsmebenny » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:06 pm

WarioLaw wrote:
LHC wrote:
WarioLaw wrote:I was accepted with a 173 LSAT so I don't think YP explains all of Wisconsin's WL behavior. I am still strongly considering Wisconsin and can't wait to visit Madison.


Welcome! You'll love Madison - besides the cold and snow it's a great place.


Thanks. I am in Ann Arbor now. I hear it's a lot like Ann Arbor except with a decent football team.

Maybe we can just switch places. I'm in Madison now, and leaning towards UMich for law school.

jessjess
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:38 am

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby jessjess » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:24 pm

I haven't heard back yet. Because this is my #1 choice, do I send in a LOCI now or does that only apply if you are on the waitlist? How do you submit that?

bucky0486
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby bucky0486 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:23 pm

jessjess wrote:I haven't heard back yet. Because this is my #1 choice, do I send in a LOCI now or does that only apply if you are on the waitlist? How do you submit that?


+1

Mr_Brightside
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby Mr_Brightside » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:25 pm

I've been under review since 12/14, complete late November, with scores worse than most of the people recently placed on the wait list (LSAT<25%, GPA=75%). OOS, great PS.... UW Madison is one of my top choices, here's hoping for at least a WL soon, this wait is torture

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby Regionality » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:18 pm

bucky0486 wrote:
jessjess wrote:I haven't heard back yet. Because this is my #1 choice, do I send in a LOCI now or does that only apply if you are on the waitlist? How do you submit that?


+1


You do not send a LOCI before you have heard something. Applying in the first place was your letter of interest. Give it time.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13644
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby Flips88 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Anyone know if I can expect some good scholarship if I'm above both 75ths?

jessjess
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:38 am

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby jessjess » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Regionality wrote:
bucky0486 wrote:
jessjess wrote:I haven't heard back yet. Because this is my #1 choice, do I send in a LOCI now or does that only apply if you are on the waitlist? How do you submit that?


+1


You do not send a LOCI before you have heard something. Applying in the first place was your letter of interest. Give it time.



Thanks. That's what I thought but I wanted to verify.

User avatar
hokie
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby hokie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Went complete yesterday; I am hoping my late submission doesn't affect my chances too much.....

Shanker626
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby Shanker626 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Got WL on the 1/19 with 154/3.67, I have no idea how I got WL it was a long shot to even apply. Madison would obviously be my first choice but I feel like it's pointless to even hope for admissions.

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby theavrock » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Just had to come in here and say GO PACK!!!

If you're thinking about going to Madison, better like the Packers and Badgers!

bucky0486
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby bucky0486 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:07 pm

theavrock wrote:Just had to come in here and say GO PACK!!!

If you're thinking about going to Madison, better like the Packers and Badgers!



We're on to the Superbowl!!!!

User avatar
yoitsmebenny
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby yoitsmebenny » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:12 pm

bucky0486 wrote:
theavrock wrote:Just had to come in here and say GO PACK!!!

If you're thinking about going to Madison, better like the Packers and Badgers!



We're on to the Superbowl!!!!

woot woot pack nation baby

User avatar
gbpackerbacker
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 am

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby gbpackerbacker » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:28 pm

yoitsmebenny wrote:
bucky0486 wrote:
theavrock wrote:Just had to come in here and say GO PACK!!!

If you're thinking about going to Madison, better like the Packers and Badgers!



We're on to the Superbowl!!!!

woot woot pack nation baby

Represent.

User avatar
morganonthecoast
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:55 am

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby morganonthecoast » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Roads were deserted when I came into work. Nothing but Packers on the front page of the Journal Sentinel tomorrow, needless to say the newsroom is euphoric.

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby theavrock » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Woo hoo!!!

I had like 14 heart attacks during the game, but I think it was worth it.

No it was definitely worth it.

bucky0486
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby bucky0486 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:50 pm

If I could only couple the good news about Green Bay with some good news from UW I could finally get on with my life

User avatar
lifeaway1985
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 am

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby lifeaway1985 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:59 pm

Just submitted my application.

huttom84
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 am

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby huttom84 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:42 am

waitlisted with 155/3.78....was expecting a ding so not terrible news....time to draft an LOCI that moves mountains!

dmgreen86
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby dmgreen86 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:00 am

waitlisted...

bucky0486
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby bucky0486 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:32 pm

dmgreen86 wrote:waitlisted...


When did you apply?

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby mss455 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:38 pm

I got accepted last Friday 1/21 via email ... how long does it usually take to get the packet in the mail?

BenBernanke
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby BenBernanke » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:40 pm

...
Last edited by BenBernanke on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby SherlockHolmes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:43 pm

BenBernanke wrote:Accepted today!!! :D 157/3.66


When did you go under review?

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13644
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby Flips88 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:48 pm

BenBernanke wrote:Accepted today!!! :D 157/3.66


URM or in-state?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”