UW-Madison 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
maxm2764

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Postby maxm2764 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm pretty sure their "Under Review" is just another way of saying complete. FWIW, I've been Under Review since 10/7.

firecracker

Postby firecracker » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Submitted my application! This is Round 2 between Wisconsin and me. I hope it goes my way this time!

Greg2011

Postby Greg2011 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Application is complete and under review.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
xqhp82 wrote:Hi there - I've already done with my app for Wisconsin but now I'm considering retaking in Dec. But my current lsat score is at the 75th percentile. Is it possible that I ask the school to consider me now before getting the December score? I really worry that the wait will stop me from getting an early reply/possible $$

Yes, you can do that. Some applications have a question asking whether you want them to wait for another LSAT score before being considered. I forget whether Wisconsin has one, but if not, then I think they'll just consider you as soon as they get the app. There have been threads on this question before in the Admissions thread, so you can check there.

Also, I am under review at Wisconsin. Yayyy! My first Under Review.

I've been UR a month now. Tick... tick.... tick....

If you look at the data, it seems like they wait until the end of November/early December before releasing a large batch of admissions decisions.

Sigh... oh well, it's still a novelty nominally. haha.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:42 am

I submitted my UW-Madison application on Friday :)

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:44 am

lifestooquick wrote:I submitted my UW-Madison application on Friday :)

Welcome! :D

yoitsmebenny

Postby yoitsmebenny » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:36 am

I go to undergrad at Wisco currently, so feel free to ask any general questions about the campus/school/etc.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:22 pm

lifestooquick! where have you been? did you retake in october?

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Barbie wrote:

I've been around...I don't venture outside of SF much :) Nope, I'm just rolling with my 164 hoping for the best!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:54 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Barbie wrote:

I've been around...I don't venture outside of SF much :) Nope, I'm just rolling with my 164 hoping for the best!

Ohh well then we are still almost #s twins :) except that 1 LSAT point is going to make you >>>>>> me haha. Good luck!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:23 pm

This is very strange, but while I am still "In Review"... it now says on the top that my application is READY for the admissions committee. A while back it said something along the lines of "is now being reviewed by".... strange!

firecracker

Postby firecracker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:22 pm

UW scared me with their e-mail reminder about Question 5B today. I promise I have nothing to disclose! :mrgreen:

Also, my app already changed to being In Review. :shock: I told myself I'd be much more relaxed this cycle. That didn't happen. I immediately called my mom to calm me down!

Amir N

Postby Amir N » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Barbie wrote:This is very strange, but while I am still "In Review"... it now says on the top that my application is READY for the admissions committee. A while back it said something along the lines of "is now being reviewed by".... strange!

Same situation for me.

theavrock

Postby theavrock » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Amir N wrote:
Barbie wrote:This is very strange, but while I am still "In Review"... it now says on the top that my application is READY for the admissions committee. A while back it said something along the lines of "is now being reviewed by".... strange!

Same situation for me.

Yeah this happened to me as well. I have been sitting at In Review since 10/6. I think that is just UW's way of saying complete. My status checker hasn't changed in over a month.Total guess though.

Snoring Meatball

Postby Snoring Meatball » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:43 pm

yoitsmebenny wrote:I go to undergrad at Wisco currently, so feel free to ask any general questions about the campus/school/etc.

I also went to UG there and grew up in Madison, so same goes if you have questions.

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:35 pm

I am throwing out a reach application to Wisconsin. It would be done, but I am trying to get them to waive the fee...so I had to email them so maybe it will be in by the beginning/middle of the week. :lol:

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:I am throwing out a reach application to Wisconsin. It would be done, but I am trying to get them to waive the fee...so I had to email them so maybe it will be in by the beginning/middle of the week. :lol:

After you email them (for me atleast..) they send you more paper work which you submit, and then they assess it and give you the code or not. It would take prob until the end of next week at least I would guess.

I ended up not doing the paperwork and just paying it haha.

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:I am throwing out a reach application to Wisconsin. It would be done, but I am trying to get them to waive the fee...so I had to email them so maybe it will be in by the beginning/middle of the week. :lol:

After you email them (for me atleast..) they send you more paper work which you submit, and then they assess it and give you the code or not. It would take prob until the end of next week at least I would guess.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This may be what I do too...I just have this weird notion about paying for what I am 75% sure is a reject letter. LOL.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Barbie wrote:

This may be what I do too...I just have this weird notion about paying for what I am 75% sure is a reject letter. LOL.

I'm the opposite. I felt like schools I was auto-admit should be the ones surely giving me fee waivers. Schools I REALLY would want to go to if I got accepted are the ones I didn't much mind paying.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Long time lurker here (4 years)...finally decided to create an account

I sent my application in a few weeks ago and just wanted to join in the excitement of waiting.

first post yay!

2011Cycle

Postby 2011Cycle » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Barbie wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Barbie wrote:

I'm the opposite. I felt like schools I was auto-admit should be the ones surely giving me fee waivers. Schools I REALLY would want to go to if I got accepted are the ones I didn't much mind paying.

+1

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:11 am

2011Cycle wrote:
Barbie wrote:

I'm the opposite. I felt like schools I was auto-admit should be the ones surely giving me fee waivers. Schools I REALLY would want to go to if I got accepted are the ones I didn't much mind paying.[/quote]
+1[/quote]

Haha, yeah I have thought the same thing in many ways and I would normally just pay, but this is a pretty big reach for me so I'd wouldn't mind a fee waiver. I'll see what happens, but I'll prolly end up paying.

Amir N

Postby Amir N » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Last edited by Amir N on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:00 pm

Amir N wrote:I ran into a 2010 University of Wisconsin law grad at the temp agency that I was looking for employment for my year off. He guessed that, at best, only 20 percent of his class had legal employment. Needless to say, I was shocked. I expected at least half the class to be in legal employment, even in this economy. Are there any other recent UW grads or students here that can comment on this?

Edit: He was either at median or below, interested in public sector work, and was over 100k in debt.

There are no guarantees anywhere.

Amir N

Postby Amir N » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Amir N wrote:I ran into a 2010 University of Wisconsin law grad at the temp agency that I was looking for employment for my year off. He guessed that, at best, only 20 percent of his class had legal employment. Needless to say, I was shocked. I expected at least half the class to be in legal employment, even in this economy. Are there any other recent UW grads or students here that can comment on this?

Edit: He was either at median or below, interested in public sector work, and was over 100k in debt.

There are no guarantees anywhere.

Clearly...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”