UW-Madison 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
theavrock

Silver

Re: UW-Madison 2011

Post by theavrock » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:07 am

Congrats! Sounds like a great feeling.

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Ugh, I'm getting so frustrated. I'm on the WL, WI resident, 160/3.8 and haven't heard a peep! I've called the admissions office just asking for an update and they can't even tell me how many people are still on the WL? I even emailed the dean of admissions asking for some info. Any advice?
Last edited by metallaura on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Additionally, I sent a LOCI back when I was first waitlisted back in April, and another one a few weeks ago with some updated info... as well as my straight A transcript from spring semester. Not sure what more they want from me... :(

huttom84

New

Post by huttom84 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:50 am

Maybe try to get a meeting w the interim dean or one of the adcoms? I think getting that personal touch in would help you separate from the other appliacants. I met w the dean at one of the schools I was waitlisted at, and was accepted a few days later...so yea as long as u can carry a conversation, it could be something that could put u over the top?

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:59 pm

huttom84 wrote:Maybe try to get a meeting w the interim dean or one of the adcoms? I think getting that personal touch in would help you separate from the other appliacants. I met w the dean at one of the schools I was waitlisted at, and was accepted a few days later...so yea as long as u can carry a conversation, it could be something that could put u over the top?
I will try. Thanks much :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EstboundNDwn

Bronze

Post by EstboundNDwn » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:32 pm

metallaura wrote:Additionally, I sent a LOCI back when I was first waitlisted back in April, and another one a few weeks ago with some updated info... as well as my straight A transcript from spring semester. Not sure what more they want from me... :(
At least you know they know who you are!

RUM

New

Post by RUM » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:40 pm

huttom84 wrote:Damn just got a scholly email...bein a WI resident, having a garbage LSAT and being waitlisted I never thought I had a shot at any kind of money. if Wisconsin wasn't a sure thing before it def is now!

Mind sharing stats? I'm hoping maybe they're looking to redistribute some of that money from people withdrawing.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:51 pm

RUM wrote:
huttom84 wrote:Damn just got a scholly email...bein a WI resident, having a garbage LSAT and being waitlisted I never thought I had a shot at any kind of money. if Wisconsin wasn't a sure thing before it def is now!

Mind sharing stats? I'm hoping maybe they're looking to redistribute some of that money from people withdrawing.
huttom84 wrote:Off the waitlist this morning! 3.78/155 WI resident. WOW!

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:42 am

EstboundNDwn wrote:
metallaura wrote:Additionally, I sent a LOCI back when I was first waitlisted back in April, and another one a few weeks ago with some updated info... as well as my straight A transcript from spring semester. Not sure what more they want from me... :(
At least you know they know who you are!
True, and Rebecca said that she remembered me from when she visited our Pre-law group. That's a good sign :) I don't look too great on paper but I'm very personable and likeable in person lol :P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

obrayd

New

Post by obrayd » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:58 pm

Withdrew today for U of Illinois, I hope that makes room for someone else.

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:14 pm

obrayd wrote:Withdrew today for U of Illinois, I hope that makes room for someone else.
Yes, thanks so much. :D

estrangedstudent

New

Post by estrangedstudent » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:15 pm

Is there any realistic hope for people still on the waitlist? Why hasn't Wisconsin asked people to reconfirm their interest like other schools? I only got the one e-mail way back when I was originally waitlisted.

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm

estrangedstudent wrote:Is there any realistic hope for people still on the waitlist? Why hasn't Wisconsin asked people to reconfirm their interest like other schools? I only got the one e-mail way back when I was originally waitlisted.
I'm not sure, but I'm in the same boat :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

EstboundNDwn

Bronze

Post by EstboundNDwn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm going to give it a couple more weeks. People I know are already sending in their housing deposits and have found roommates.

UW is still my no. 1, but at some point you just have to move on.

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:21 pm

Well, much to my surprise, I got accepted to U of M. So I guess I'm not going to fret too much about not getting into WI. :D my deposit deadline for UMN is in 2 days so if WI doesn't admit me within that timeframe, I'm headin' up nort :P

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:38 pm

As a transfer student leaving WI I can provide two things:

1) Valuable information about the law school
2) An awesome apartment that has recently been made available due to my transferring. Literally the best location in town, amazing terrace, modern kitchen, 2 bedroom.

PM me if interested in either.

FuturMinn

New

Post by FuturMinn » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:03 am

metallaura wrote:Well, much to my surprise, I got accepted to U of M. So I guess I'm not going to fret too much about not getting into WI. :D my deposit deadline for UMN is in 2 days so if WI doesn't admit me within that timeframe, I'm headin' up nort :P
Congrats! I just got into UW but want U of M -- if only we could switch places!?!?!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

FuturMinn wrote:
metallaura wrote:Well, much to my surprise, I got accepted to U of M. So I guess I'm not going to fret too much about not getting into WI. :D my deposit deadline for UMN is in 2 days so if WI doesn't admit me within that timeframe, I'm headin' up nort :P
Congrats! I just got into UW but want U of M -- if only we could switch places!?!?!
Sure thing! I just got into UW today! :P My deposit deadline for U of M is due tomorrow so, I have one day to decide. UW is, and has been, my first choice. Good luck to you!

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Congrats!!

FuturMinn

New

Post by FuturMinn » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:47 pm

metallaura wrote:
FuturMinn wrote:
Sure thing! I just got into UW today! :P My deposit deadline for U of M is due tomorrow so, I have one day to decide. UW is, and has been, my first choice. Good luck to you!
That's amazing! Hopefully I get your spot at U of M if you decide to not attend. Good luck making your decision. I am sure it will be a difficult one.

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

huttom84

New

Post by huttom84 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:41 am

congrats man! hope to see ya in the fall

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 pm

FuturMinn wrote:
metallaura wrote:
FuturMinn wrote:
That's amazing! Hopefully I get your spot at U of M if you decide to not attend. Good luck making your decision. I am sure it will be a difficult one.
I withdrew from U of M yesterday and freed up a lot of scholarship $! Hope you get it! Good luck!

Hippononymous

Bronze

Post by Hippononymous » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Guess I'll see you soon then!

Dick Dastardly

New

Post by Dick Dastardly » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi! Long time lurker here, and I just moved to Madison. Anyone else here already? We should organize some meetup or something.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”