University of Alabama Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby alicrimson » Sun May 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I also am still pending and have been since late October. I think I'm going to be one of those no rejection letter rejection people mostly because I did undergrad there and was involved in athletics and, while my numbers aren't that great, I had a few good proffs who are connected with the law school write my letters. I think the pseudo waitlist is just a good way to make sure people don't get their panties in a bunch from rejections. That being said, I'm not withdrawing but I don't anticipate an acceptance unless something ridiculous happens.

scmatthews
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby scmatthews » Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 pm

alicrimson wrote:I also am still pending and have been since late October. I think I'm going to be one of those no rejection letter rejection people mostly because I did undergrad there and was involved in athletics and, while my numbers aren't that great, I had a few good proffs who are connected with the law school write my letters. I think the pseudo waitlist is just a good way to make sure people don't get their panties in a bunch from rejections. That being said, I'm not withdrawing but I don't anticipate an acceptance unless something ridiculous happens.



I got my rejection letter today. My numbers were very close and I had really strong softs, but I guess it didn't matter... neither did my pretty stellar rec letters.

Send in an LOCI before it's too late.

bzsmith
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bzsmith » Mon May 09, 2011 12:20 pm

scmatthews wrote:
alicrimson wrote:I also am still pending and have been since late October. I think I'm going to be one of those no rejection letter rejection people mostly because I did undergrad there and was involved in athletics and, while my numbers aren't that great, I had a few good proffs who are connected with the law school write my letters. I think the pseudo waitlist is just a good way to make sure people don't get their panties in a bunch from rejections. That being said, I'm not withdrawing but I don't anticipate an acceptance unless something ridiculous happens.



I got my rejection letter today. My numbers were very close and I had really strong softs, but I guess it didn't matter... neither did my pretty stellar rec letters.

Send in an LOCI before it's too late.



Same situation here. Oh well...it was either Alabama or another well-regarded southern school where I will pay absolutely nothing to attend. It was a win win either way.

GentlemanJim
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby GentlemanJim » Thu May 12, 2011 5:22 am

Still pending. Weird...

GentlemanJim
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby GentlemanJim » Fri May 20, 2011 5:13 am

In. How bout that?

So, anyone know how decimated Tuscaloosa is these days?

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bergg007 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:11 am

GentlemanJim wrote:In. How bout that?

So, anyone know how decimated Tuscaloosa is these days?



Some areas are completely thrashed and others are perfectly ok. it's really hit or miss.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Fri May 20, 2011 12:03 pm

bergg007 wrote:
GentlemanJim wrote:In. How bout that?

So, anyone know how decimated Tuscaloosa is these days?



Some areas are completely thrashed and others are perfectly ok. it's really hit or miss.

This.

Campus is completely fine, and it's definitely not like the whole city is gone or anything.

rli66
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby rli66 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:13 pm

My fiancee and I are moving to Tuscaloosa and we have 2 dogs (one is about 30 pounds, one is about 5).

Would someone want to live with us in a 2 bedroom apartment? Obviously you could have one room and we would share the other.

She will be commuting to school about an hour away and probably only be there 3 or 4 nights a week.

We're trying to keep our rent down to below 400. So if we found somewhere that was 600-700, that would work out well.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bergg007 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:37 pm

rli66 wrote:My fiancee and I are moving to Tuscaloosa and we have 2 dogs (one is about 30 pounds, one is about 5).

Would someone want to live with us in a 2 bedroom apartment? Obviously you could have one room and we would share the other.

She will be commuting to school about an hour away and probably only be there 3 or 4 nights a week.

We're trying to keep our rent down to below 400. So if we found somewhere that was 600-700, that would work out well.

Let me know if anyone is interested.



there are places where you could pay that much and not have to share. my wife and i are getting an apartment that is 380 and pretty nice. though it does lack dish washer and washer dryer, we will get portable ones though.

rli66
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby rli66 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:17 pm

bergg007 wrote:
rli66 wrote:My fiancee and I are moving to Tuscaloosa and we have 2 dogs (one is about 30 pounds, one is about 5).

Would someone want to live with us in a 2 bedroom apartment? Obviously you could have one room and we would share the other.

She will be commuting to school about an hour away and probably only be there 3 or 4 nights a week.

We're trying to keep our rent down to below 400. So if we found somewhere that was 600-700, that would work out well.

Let me know if anyone is interested.



there are places where you could pay that much and not have to share. my wife and i are getting an apartment that is 380 and pretty nice. though it does lack dish washer and washer dryer, we will get portable ones though.


Mind sharing where that is?

Thanks

User avatar
samaside
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby samaside » Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 am

Expecting a rejection letter in the mail soon. My status changed to "Decision Made" today and haven't heard from the school and we all know that's never a good sign. I'm not sure when exactly it changed since I tried to check it earlier today but the US Army network blocks the status checker and financial aid pages. But I'm not holding out hope for a call tomorrow. Sad times, folks! Sad times. At least now my parents can move on and accept that I'm going to Ole Miss instead...

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby pinkcamellia » Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 am

I'm still pending, so I'm holding out a little hope!

tg202
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby tg202 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Well, there is a waitlist this year.

sigh.

Deathcab
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Deathcab » Sat May 28, 2011 2:55 pm

delete.
Last edited by Deathcab on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Kabuo » Sat May 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Also waitlisted. Pretty much expected after I told them I wouldn't likely attend without a full ride when they asked.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby suspicious android » Sat May 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Kabuo wrote:Also waitlisted. Pretty much expected after I told them I wouldn't likely attend without a full ride when they asked.


Same situation. Did you apply late in the cycle? I was early Feb I think.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Kabuo » Mon May 30, 2011 10:57 pm

suspicious android wrote:
Kabuo wrote:Also waitlisted. Pretty much expected after I told them I wouldn't likely attend without a full ride when they asked.


Same situation. Did you apply late in the cycle? I was early Feb I think.


Applied in early November actually. One of the few applications I got out there earlyish.

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby alicrimson » Tue May 31, 2011 7:38 pm

Also waitlisted. I won't get in but its better than outright rejection. haha.

RollTide1987
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:07 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby RollTide1987 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Any idea when we might see some offers being made from the Waitlist?

User avatar
jarv1506
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby jarv1506 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:52 pm

withdrew yesterday. i hope one of you gets my spot and scholly!

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bergg007 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:54 pm

I heard a nasty rumor the other day that the school is considering raising it's rates 20% for this fall. At the ASW I went to they promised that this would not happen. I'm pretty pissed off and I will be asking Dean Arrington about it tomorrow.

User avatar
jim
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby jim » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:36 pm

bergg007 wrote:I heard a nasty rumor the other day that the school is considering raising it's rates 20% for this fall. At the ASW I went to they promised that this would not happen. I'm pretty pissed off and I will be asking Dean Arrington about it tomorrow.


How'd it go?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:57 pm

bergg007 wrote:I heard a nasty rumor the other day that the school is considering raising it's rates 20% for this fall. At the ASW I went to they promised that this would not happen. I'm pretty pissed off and I will be asking Dean Arrington about it tomorrow.

I read this somewhere the other day and cannot for the life of me remember where. I'll try to dig it up.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bergg007 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:10 am

Yup there is a tuition raise. instate is now 18k out od state is now 30k. I'm not happy about this at all. At least it was a lower percentage increase than was rumored.

oh and they said no such promises were made, and that tuition goes up nearly every year. I remeber the promise and so does my wife and a few other people I've talked to, I guess were all just crazy.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:22 am

What was it before? ~$28,000?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], mccracal, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests