University of Alabama Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JGStudent
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby JGStudent » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:28 pm

RolllTide14 wrote:
JGStudent wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:My status changed to "Decision Made". How will I be informed of the decision? Are all done by mail or only denials?


Me too. I'm gonna call but we probably have a small envelope coming in the mail.


Stay positive :) Maybe they just haven't got to calling y'all yet


The office is closed for the day...I think its apparent

GPA: 4.0
LSAT: 153

I am re-taking the LSAT in August/October and re-applying. There is no way I am paying Cumberland 30k a year for a third tier education! I am already testing an average of 5 points higher so its no problem.

Good Luck to the rest!

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby noleknight16 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:32 pm

3.57, 157.

Sounds like we're both deny!!!! I am also retaking JG. You for sure need to get into the 160's with that amazing GPA. Best of luck to you :)

RolllTide14
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:12 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby RolllTide14 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:37 pm

JGStudent wrote:
RolllTide14 wrote:
JGStudent wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:My status changed to "Decision Made". How will I be informed of the decision? Are all done by mail or only denials?


Me too. I'm gonna call but we probably have a small envelope coming in the mail.


Stay positive :) Maybe they just haven't got to calling y'all yet


The office is closed for the day...I think its apparent

GPA: 4.0
LSAT: 153

I am re-taking the LSAT in August/October and re-applying. There is no way I am paying Cumberland 30k a year for a third tier education! I am already testing an average of 5 points higher so its no problem.

Good Luck to the rest!


That's good! Best of luck to you! I was truly blessed to get in with my scores. I'm sure you'll get in next time then.

tg202
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby tg202 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Anyone think it's too informal to end a LOCI with "Thank you and Roll Tide"?

LoyalRebel
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby LoyalRebel » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:20 pm

tg202 wrote:Anyone think it's too informal to end a LOCI with "Thank you and Roll Tide"?

Definite deal breaker.

scmatthews
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby scmatthews » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:07 pm

tg202 wrote:Anyone think it's too informal to end a LOCI with "Thank you and Roll Tide"?


I'd say err on the side of caution and leave it out... Only because it's so late in the cycle, and every little thing could be the difference.

aliarrow
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby aliarrow » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:09 pm

LoyalRebel wrote:
tg202 wrote:Anyone think it's too informal to end a LOCI with "Thank you and Roll Tide"?

Definite deal breaker.


You guys arent familiar with SEC schools are you?

Honestly from my interactions with the school I dont think it would hurt you.

creader
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:18 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby creader » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 pm

I would keep it classy and just sign it RTR. Makes the same statement but not quite as boldly.

scmatthews
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby scmatthews » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Just resist the urge to say "Thank you, and RTOTA." :lol:

User avatar
Spookyghost
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Spookyghost » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Better than I worship the ground Nick Saban walks on.

Oh wait, nevermind, that would actually probably help.

LoyalRebel
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby LoyalRebel » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:20 pm

aliarrow wrote:
LoyalRebel wrote:
tg202 wrote:Anyone think it's too informal to end a LOCI with "Thank you and Roll Tide"?

Definite deal breaker.


You guys arent familiar with SEC schools are you?

Honestly from my interactions with the school I dont think it would hurt you.

lolicurrentlygotoanSECschool

It was meant to be a sarcastic comment. I'm pretty sure they're not going to base any decision off of that.

scmatthews
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby scmatthews » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:23 pm

You could subtly drop in a few Nick Saban quotes such as:

I will not be denied.
I want to be a champion in everything that I do.
I promise to make the rest of the students' a** quit...
There can be no glory without some pain.

Also, refer to your education as "the process." Sounds like a winning LOCI to me... :wink:

leejh38
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby leejh38 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:53 am

Everyone that just got a decision...how long was your status sitting at "pending"?

RolllTide14
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:12 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby RolllTide14 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:23 pm

leejh38 wrote:Everyone that just got a decision...how long was your status sitting at "pending"?

Unfortunately, I didn't think I was going to get in, so I never checked my status... But I did apply on 2/09/11 and found out 4/12. Hope that helps!

User avatar
Stonewall
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:19 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Stonewall » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Dinged. Pretty suprised but already choose wake/scholly so forget bama

User avatar
Intraining
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Intraining » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Dinged via snail mail. Good luck in T-town!

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Albatross » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:37 pm

aliarrow wrote:
Albatross wrote:
LoyalRebel wrote:
manhattandoll8 wrote:IN Today! (was complete 2/14 and pending since). 156/3.86


Are you an minority (or an URM Its pronounced 'Y'ou-are-em in anacronym form, so to be technically correct, its a, not an, while written like this), by any chance?


<----Grammar nazi


<---- Bigger Grammar Nazi


<---- Feels like an idiot on many levels after re-reading post.
<---- Was also drunk at the time.

gogamecocks
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby gogamecocks » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Got in via phone call/e-mail combo Friday morning. Very excited. Heading down for a visit in mid-May

RolllTide14
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:12 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby RolllTide14 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:16 am

gogamecocks wrote:Got in via phone call/e-mail combo Friday morning. Very excited. Heading down for a visit in mid-May


Congrats!! Could you possibly post something about how your visit goes? I'm not sure when I will get to visit the campus.

blelliott
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:31 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby blelliott » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:35 pm

Hey everyone. I just found out I graduate this summer. So I am now applying for Law at alabama. I spoke with admissions there and they said I still have a shot at getting in for the fall semester. I have a 3.8 gpa and I take the LSAT june 6.. can you all give me some advice on what you think Ill need to score on my LSAT to get in with my gpa? Also, my letter of recommendation is from the retired head of admissions at the law school at Alabama.. would just like some feedback on what my chances are

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:45 pm

blelliott wrote:Hey everyone. I just found out I graduate this summer. So I am now applying for Law at alabama. I spoke with admissions there and they said I still have a shot at getting in for the fall semester. I have a 3.8 gpa and I take the LSAT june 6.. can you all give me some advice on what you think Ill need to score on my LSAT to get in with my gpa? Also, my letter of recommendation is from the retired head of admissions at the law school at Alabama.. would just like some feedback on what my chances are

165+? Maybe higher since it's so late?

gogamecocks
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby gogamecocks » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

RolllTide14 wrote:
gogamecocks wrote:Got in via phone call/e-mail combo Friday morning. Very excited. Heading down for a visit in mid-May


Congrats!! Could you possibly post something about how your visit goes? I'm not sure when I will get to visit the campus.


Thanks. Yeah I'll post a summary of it. Unfortunately I got accepted so late I won't be able to sit in on any classes or visit while school is in session (it doesn't help that I work for a University right now either, end of semesters are insane), but I'll give whatever info I can.

RolllTide14
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:12 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby RolllTide14 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:03 pm

gogamecocks wrote:
RolllTide14 wrote:
gogamecocks wrote:Got in via phone call/e-mail combo Friday morning. Very excited. Heading down for a visit in mid-May


Congrats!! Could you possibly post something about how your visit goes? I'm not sure when I will get to visit the campus.


Thanks. Yeah I'll post a summary of it. Unfortunately I got accepted so late I won't be able to sit in on any classes or visit while school is in session (it doesn't help that I work for a University right now either, end of semesters are insane), but I'll give whatever info I can.


Thanks! Whatever you can offer will be greatly appreciated!!

onmytoes812
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby onmytoes812 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:11 pm

i've visited 3 times if anyone wants my experiences. let's just say i'm bad at decision-making! haha

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:17 pm

RolllTide14 wrote:Thanks! Whatever you can offer will be greatly appreciated!!

I visited during finals so I don't have too much experience with classes and the like. I will say that my friends at Alabama Law (and I have quite a few) really love it, and that the administrators I met (particularly the career services guy) were fantastic.

But more importantly I do have pictures if you want to see those! :D viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120572&p=3139663#p3139663




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”