University of Alabama Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby amers73 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:28 pm

irishvt14 wrote:For those of you who are pending, I received a confirmation letter about my student aid report going through that said to call admissions. So I did and they said that for those of us who are pending we might not hear until the end of May and even then it could be a waitlist. Alabama is rolling admissions with a pretty flexible deadline. They are in no rush and they aren't going to feel compelled to tell us before other school's deadlines (that's why so many people pay a deposit at one school and end up at another). I'm sure there's the possibility that some of us could get in but mostly pending means they're waiting to see if they get better applicants.


Thanks for calling, but seriously Alabama? That's really lame. :evil:

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:29 pm

amers73 wrote:
irishvt14 wrote:For those of you who are pending, I received a confirmation letter about my student aid report going through that said to call admissions. So I did and they said that for those of us who are pending we might not hear until the end of May and even then it could be a waitlist. Alabama is rolling admissions with a pretty flexible deadline. They are in no rush and they aren't going to feel compelled to tell us before other school's deadlines (that's why so many people pay a deposit at one school and end up at another). I'm sure there's the possibility that some of us could get in but mostly pending means they're waiting to see if they get better applicants.


Thanks for calling, but seriously Alabama? That's really lame. :evil:


I'm sure it sounds much more amicable in a charming southern accent.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 pm

It makes me want to cry when I call because they sound so nice and sweet but what they're saying is not what I want to hear.

JGStudent
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby JGStudent » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Hey guys and gals,

http://www.hourumd.com/

This website is cool and helpful for those in an obsessive mental state. From what I can see the big toss of the under-qualified starts at the end of March and ends mostly in May with the creation of the wait-list out of the few saved from the big toss.

User avatar
timmah427
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby timmah427 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Tag. Pending since mid-November. Boooo Alabama, I'm over you. Now I just want my free shirt.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:23 pm

timmah427 wrote:Tag. Pending since mid-November. Boooo Alabama, I'm over you. Now I just want my free shirt.


:lol:

User avatar
ghiberti
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby ghiberti » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 am

Does anyone know how Alabama sends out rejections? Email, status checker...?

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby irishvt14 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:57 am

according to LSN, some rejections come through email, some through snail mail.

Eagles_Legendz
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:44 am

Anyone planning on attending the ASD open house on the 25th?

I didn't think I'd be able to swing it, but I think I can make it down now.

JGStudent
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby JGStudent » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:37 am

After surfing LSN, I am almost positive Alabama rejects via snail mail. All the rejected applicants I found from like the last four cycles that listed the notification method said sail mail.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby irishvt14 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:33 am

I saw a few that got their notices through email. Either way, rejection sucks. I'd rather get an email to be honest. Seeing the small white envelope makes me sick.

JGStudent
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby JGStudent » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:19 pm

I know how you feel. The only thing worse than an empty mail box at the end of the day is one that is full of small white envelopes.

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby leidice » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm

JGStudent wrote:I know how you feel. The only thing worse than an empty mail box at the end of the day is one that is full of small white envelopes.


Right? And why waste the money and paper just to tell me I'm not wanted?

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Sandro » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:29 pm

I am admitted and got some strange letter saying to file my fafsa (which I did already) and that i wasnt admitted. ookkiee ?

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby leidice » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Sandro wrote:I am admitted and got some strange letter saying to file my fafsa (which I did already) and that i wasnt admitted. ookkiee ?


I got the same letter. I filed my fafsa weeks ago. Though I haven't yet received a decision.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby suspicious android » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:32 am

What's up with Bama, they seem to be asleep based on LSN. I was hoping to hear word before ASW, I'd really need to visit before deciding.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby irishvt14 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 am

suspicious android wrote:What's up with Bama, they seem to be asleep based on LSN. I was hoping to hear word before ASW, I'd really need to visit before deciding.


I bet right now they are just waiting to hear back from people they've already admitted. There should be more movement once the date of the first seat deposit passes (anyone know what that day is?)

Eagles_Legendz
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:52 am

$100 deposit on Apr 1st I believe.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:40 am

suspicious android wrote:What's up with Bama, they seem to be asleep based on LSN. I was hoping to hear word before ASW, I'd really need to visit before deciding.


It's spring break at Bama this week. Page and Claude are still checking emails daily, but it is vacation. I wouldn't be too confident that much movement would happen this week. They work like dogs during this stretch and are probably enjoying some semblance of a break.

JGStudent
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby JGStudent » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:06 am

Two questions open to anyone

Is there going to be another open house for accepted students in May?

About what month is the switch over to the next admissions year? In other words, when is the incoming class officially set and final?

Thanks

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 am

JGStudent wrote:Two questions open to anyone

Is there going to be another open house for accepted students in May?

About what month is the switch over to the next admissions year? In other words, when is the incoming class officially set and final?

Thanks


I dont think so - I think after next week's ASW, the next time they'll have an official group thing would be orientation

I wouldn't be surprised if there are changes up until the week before classes start - people dropping out b/c law school won't work for them financially, or they got off a WL of their dream school. And UA backfilling those spots with people on the waitlist.

User avatar
samaside
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby samaside » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:50 pm

I just want Alabama to reject me already so my alumni parents can accept it and move on and begin to accept that I'm probably just going to cheap out of the other schools I got into and go to Ole Miss. It's breaking my mother's heart but I think she'll accept it more once Alabama just gets this whole rejection deal over with.

User avatar
Spookyghost
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Spookyghost » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:38 pm

samaside wrote:I just want Alabama to reject me already so my alumni parents can accept it and move on and begin to accept that I'm probably just going to cheap out of the other schools I got into and go to Ole Miss. It's breaking my mother's heart but I think she'll accept it more once Alabama just gets this whole rejection deal over with.


Ouch :cry: this is painful to read.

Good luck to you wherever you end up.

JGStudent
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby JGStudent » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:48 pm

samaside wrote:I just want Alabama to reject me already so my alumni parents can accept it and move on and begin to accept that I'm probably just going to cheap out of the other schools I got into and go to Ole Miss. It's breaking my mother's heart but I think she'll accept it more once Alabama just gets this whole rejection deal over with.


If you just applied to UA to please your parents then I say go where you want and forget them. If you really want to go to UA then don't give it up without a fight! Retake the LSAT and rock it! Give it all you've got. Take a prep class if you have to or get a tutor. Even if you have a bad GPA a killer LSAT will smooth out just about any other bumps in an application. I wouldn't be shocked if they admitted someone convicted of a felony if they had a 170+ LSAT.

The fight isn't over until you give up. I don't have a snow ball's chance in the deepest circle of hell but you better believe I am already prepping for another go at the LSAT this fall.
Last edited by JGStudent on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
samaside
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby samaside » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:02 am

Oh, nah, I had an okay chance at getting into Alabama. My GPA isn't too bad and I graduated Phi Betta Kappa. The problem is that I retook the LSAT in February and jumped up 9 points so my score is way better than it was and I didn't apply to any schools until I realized that - holy crap! - I could actually get into a decent school. So I'm pretty sure that this year they won't want me. I'm still debating sitting out another cycle and trying again. Because I was raised in an Alabama house hold and even considering Ole Miss hurts even if just a little.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chipotle85, dreamer_13, Exabot [Bot], GoGreen17, lawschoolbound2017, lillawyer2, ThorB, WamBam, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests