University of Alabama Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MPeterson
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby MPeterson » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Kchuck wrote:Any other accepted students get the huge package in the mail?

:shock:

Haha, yeah. Pretty crazy all the stuff they send out. I was kind of disappointed that the restaurant/bar guide didn't have price and special information.

gorockies
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby gorockies » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:54 pm

MPeterson wrote:Applied 10/26, got a call 11/5. Has anyone else gotten an offer to interview for their Dean's Scholars program? Going on Monday! :D


Yeah I got this, I'm going on December 3!

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bergg007 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:55 pm

I got a call saying that my app is Under review... I think they just called to torture me. My status checker doesn't give any real info so I'm going NUTS!!! did anyone else get the "we're looking at you now" call?

MPeterson
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby MPeterson » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:32 am

bergg007 wrote:I got a call saying that my app is Under review... I think they just called to torture me. My status checker doesn't give any real info so I'm going NUTS!!! did anyone else get the "we're looking at you now" call?


I got one that asked me if I had any questions, didn't say anything about being under review. I got an acceptance call a week later.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bergg007 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:47 pm

MPeterson wrote:
bergg007 wrote:I got a call saying that my app is Under review... I think they just called to torture me. My status checker doesn't give any real info so I'm going NUTS!!! did anyone else get the "we're looking at you now" call?


I got one that asked me if I had any questions, didn't say anything about being under review. I got an acceptance call a week later.



that gives me some hope that you got accepted after the call, not that it has any bearing on my application at all, but you know I can hope that they only call people they are going to accept. I'm probably just crazy from all this application stuff. I keep having nightmares that I sent the wrong apps in and that I won't get accepted anywhere. I just want the first acceptance to come in then i can chill out. Please 'Bama, soon!

User avatar
ZachOda
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby ZachOda » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:17 pm

I hate the waiting game...

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Burgstaller04 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:02 pm

I applied on 11/11. How soon does Bama typically reply with checker?

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Kchuck » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:I applied on 11/11. How soon does Bama typically reply with checker?


I've found that their checker is pretty much useless. They will call you.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bergg007 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Kchuck wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:I applied on 11/11. How soon does Bama typically reply with checker?


I've found that their checker is pretty much useless. They will call you.

seriously that checker is garbage

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Burgstaller04 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Got a call from Paige today. Said they have my file complete and if I had questions, I was welcome to call.

zeke18
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby zeke18 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:Got a call from Paige today. Said they have my file complete and if I had questions, I was welcome to call.


Just received the same message. Do you think they expect you to call back or is it more of an informational phone call?

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Burgstaller04 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:51 pm

zeke18 wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:Got a call from Paige today. Said they have my file complete and if I had questions, I was welcome to call.


Just received the same message. Do you think they expect you to call back or is it more of an informational phone call?


Sounded purely informational until the end when she said she looked forward to talking to me. I'm not planning on calling unless I come up with some questions

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:20 pm

gorockies wrote:
MPeterson wrote:Applied 10/26, got a call 11/5. Has anyone else gotten an offer to interview for their Dean's Scholars program? Going on Monday! :D


Yeah I got this, I'm going on December 3!

Interviewing on the 10th. Can't believe how long of a day it is! :shock:

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby alicrimson » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:48 am

eskimo wrote:
gorockies wrote:
MPeterson wrote:Applied 10/26, got a call 11/5. Has anyone else gotten an offer to interview for their Dean's Scholars program? Going on Monday! :D


Yeah I got this, I'm going on December 3!

Interviewing on the 10th. Can't believe how long of a day it is! :shock:


Yay, eskimo!!!! Congrats on Bama, though you probably knew you would be fine. Where else did you decide to apply to?

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby vegenator » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:42 pm

eskimo wrote:
gorockies wrote:
MPeterson wrote:Applied 10/26, got a call 11/5. Has anyone else gotten an offer to interview for their Dean's Scholars program? Going on Monday! :D


Yeah I got this, I'm going on December 3!

Interviewing on the 10th. Can't believe how long of a day it is! :shock:


Just got the call. Yay! Still need to figure out when to set up an interview. Congrats to those also in and interviewing! Mpeterson, how did yours go? is it a long event? Casual? Who do you meet with? I'm full of questions as I was too shocked to ask anything relevant while on the phone and I haven't received a package in the mail / email yet.

User avatar
ZachOda
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby ZachOda » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:58 pm

Got the call! 22.5k a year, not too shabby. Who's planning on going to the accepted student's open house?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:02 pm

ZachOda wrote:Got the call! 22.5k a year, not too shabby. Who's planning on going to the accepted student's open house?

Congrats! That makes total tuition for 3 years like what, $17,000? (assuming out of state) Not bad!

It's a pretty safe bet that I'll be there, seeing as I live 5 min away from the law school and all. :D

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:03 pm

vegenator wrote: Congrats to those also in and interviewing! Mpeterson, how did yours go? is it a long event? Casual? Who do you meet with? I'm full of questions as I was too shocked to ask anything relevant while on the phone and I haven't received a package in the mail / email yet.

Would love to hear any of this as well!

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby jwaters » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:20 pm

.
Last edited by jwaters on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:26 pm

Just missed my call about "good news". She said she was on her way out but would send me an email. Hopefully it includes scholarship info!

Edited to add.....Full Scholly! She even called me "most outstanding". May be standard acceptance email jargon but it sure made me feel good lol. I'm ecstatic that I'll definitely be going to a football school next year lol....I've got some great choices thus far!
Last edited by Magnifique1908 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bergg007 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:35 pm

i don't think they are ever going to call me.

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby jwaters » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:Just missed my call about "good news". She said she was on her way out but would send me an email. Hopefully it includes scholarship info!

Edited to add.....Full Scholly! She even called me "most outstanding". May be standard acceptance email jargon but it sure made me feel good lol. I'm ecstatic that I'll definitely be going to a football school next year lol....I've got some great choices thus far!


Congrats. Any mention of what you need to keep the scholarship? I've read on LSN that they can have some pretty strict requirements...like having to be top 1/3.

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby jwaters » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:45 pm

bergg007 wrote:i don't think they are ever going to call me.


They called me on 11/10 saying my app was under review and I just got the acceptance call today. Be patient, your call is probably coming this week.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bergg007 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:50 pm

jwaters wrote:
bergg007 wrote:i don't think they are ever going to call me.


They called me on 11/10 saying my app was under review and I just got the acceptance call today. Be patient, your call is probably coming this week.



I got the call around the same time, but my GPA blows, I'm pretty sure they will hold on to me for a long time, and wait for my LOCI and then either WL me or admit with $0. History shows they'll take me but I don't expect the call any time soon, I'm just super impatient.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:Just missed my call about "good news". She said she was on her way out but would send me an email. Hopefully it includes scholarship info!

Edited to add.....Full Scholly! She even called me "most outstanding". May be standard acceptance email jargon but it sure made me feel good lol. I'm ecstatic that I'll definitely be going to a football school next year lol....I've got some great choices thus far!

Dang, and you don't have to interview? Lucky!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dasq5511, Google [Bot], Harry Ass Truman, Houzy, jtawil, kvnrogers, lg77, notsolawful, SuperAverageJoe, XUMickeal and 21 guests