University of Alabama Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
creader

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby creader » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Well I guess it's time for me to start looking for a roommate for next year at bama. Anyone have any ideas on where to live/go about finding a roommate for someone who is not from Tuscaloosa and knows no one at Bama other than bland forum posting lol?

rli66

Postby rli66 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:03 pm

I'm also going to be looking for an apartment pretty soon (most likely). I am looking for somewhere relatively close, and relatively cheap.. though I will pay a premium for a furnished apartment. I also may want to have a pet.

Yeah I'm probably never gonna find roommates.

creader

Postby creader » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:08 pm

I was looking at some of the two bedrooms at the reserve. It looks to be one of the nicer complexes in Tuscaloosa and comes highly recommended by several law students, but it is on the pricier side.

I'd like to find a cheaper option as well, but I don't want a crazy undergrad complex where people are screaming at 3am in the morning and it seems like a lot of the less expensive places may be in less than desirable (safe) places in town. Reading about one, the links, apparently had a mass shooting at the club house last year.

rli66

Postby rli66 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:10 pm

creader wrote:I was looking at some of the two bedrooms at the reserve. It looks to be one of the nicer complexes in Tuscaloosa and comes highly recommended by several law students, but it is on the pricier side.

I'd like to find a cheaper option as well, but I don't want a crazy undergrad complex where people are screaming at 3am in the morning and it seems like a lot of the less expensive places may be in less than desirable (safe) places in town. Reading about one, the links, apparently had a mass shooting at the club house last year.

Wow that's terrible. Yeah after doing a 4 br in UG, I think I want to stay with only one perhaps two more roommates (up to 3 br). I hope I can find someplace that is furnished that won't break the bank. I've payed 400 for the last two years for a all utilities included and furnished apt about a hour away from T-town.

limelightwave

Postby limelightwave » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 am

Just changed to "Pending" this morning. Had been "Complete ready for review" since 2/11.... how long does it take for a decision after it changes to pending? I just want to know something- even if it's a rejection. I've heard from schools I applied to later than Bama....

gogamecocks

Postby gogamecocks » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 am

limelightwave wrote:Just changed to "Pending" this morning. Had been "Complete ready for review" since 2/11.... how long does it take for a decision after it changes to pending? I just want to know something- even if it's a rejection. I've heard from schools I applied to later than Bama....

I went from Complete to Pending at the end of Feb. I'm still pending. I know there's others posted a few pages back who have been pending for awhile. Don't think there's much ryhme or reason to it.

limelightwave

Postby limelightwave » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:01 am

gogamecocks wrote:
limelightwave wrote:Just changed to "Pending" this morning. Had been "Complete ready for review" since 2/11.... how long does it take for a decision after it changes to pending? I just want to know something- even if it's a rejection. I've heard from schools I applied to later than Bama....

I went from Complete to Pending at the end of Feb. I'm still pending. I know there's others posted a few pages back who have been pending for awhile. Don't think there's much ryhme or reason to it.

Lame. They need to just decide already.

gogamecocks

Postby gogamecocks » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:09 am

limelightwave wrote:
gogamecocks wrote:

If they promise to say yes, I'll let them take a few more days.

limelightwave

Postby limelightwave » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:12 am

gogamecocks wrote:
limelightwave wrote:
gogamecocks wrote:

If they promise to say yes, I'll let them take a few more days.

Haha. good point. As long as it's before April 1 when I have to start making some decisions, I guess I can live with it. :)

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:28 am

limelightwave wrote:
gogamecocks wrote:

I've been pending since early November if it makes you feel any better. Hahaha. I assume they will give decisions by April 1 or atleast, that seems to be most school's target date.

Eagles_Legendz

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:10 pm

In today. I'm excited, just waiting to see if I have a financial package now.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Eagles_Legendz wrote:In today. I'm excited, just waiting to see if I have a financial package now.

Sweet. Numbers?

ghiberti

Postby ghiberti » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Eagles_Legendz wrote:In today. I'm excited, just waiting to see if I have a financial package now.

Congrats!!! Did they just call you?

Eagles_Legendz

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks. Yeah I was in a meeting and missed the phone call. I will call back when I get a chance.

166, 3.3 OOS.

MCRemix

Postby MCRemix » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:43 pm

Just got the phone call this morning, accepted! Big Split 171/3.16, be interested to see what kind of aid package arrives.

Eagles_Legendz

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:20 pm

I had a very generous scholarship offer emailed as well. You really can't beat Bama's CoA.

limelightwave

Postby limelightwave » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Those of you that just got accepted- when did you go complete? did your status checker change to pending?

gogamecocks

Postby gogamecocks » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 pm

congrats to y'all. all these people hearing back and i'm still pending is making me pretty sure I got WL'd if not flat out ding'd. Oh well. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Eagles_Legendz

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:41 pm

limelightwave wrote:Those of you that just got accepted- when did you go complete? did your status checker change to pending?

Mine was odd. I had a confirmation email two weeks ago that said something about a LLM tax app which was not accurate. I emailed Page to get clarification and last Wed she wrote to assure me that I was being reviewed as a JD student and that my app was forwarded for review the day before. So, essentially, I would say it was about a week IR.

limelightwave

Postby limelightwave » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Okay, my stats are pretty similar to yours 165 / 3.57 so hopefully it'll turn out okay for me :)

Congrats on the admission and the scholly!

Eagles_Legendz

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:24 pm

limelightwave wrote:Okay, my stats are pretty similar to yours 165 / 3.57 so hopefully it'll turn out okay for me :)

Congrats on the admission and the scholly!

Thanks! I am sure that you will be fine. I just wish I could attend the ASW.

polohut88

Postby polohut88 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:40 pm

Anybody get rejected yet?

I am guessing that they are notifying all that are Accepted and will flood out the Rejections all at once. That way they can shut off their phones and servers and puts barriers up around the college to stop us from coming at them with pitchforks! lol haha

ok, maybe not that serious, but a couple of years back, I applied for an Internship at the White House and that is what they did....I know, because I was rejected and the same thing was going on internet threads...the accepted were trickling in and BAM, the rejects were flooding all at once. lol

gogamecocks

Postby gogamecocks » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:56 pm

polohut88 wrote:Anybody get rejected yet?

I am guessing that they are notifying all that are Accepted and will flood out the Rejections all at once. That way they can shut off their phones and servers and puts barriers up around the college to stop us from coming at them with pitchforks! lol haha

ok, maybe not that serious, but a couple of years back, I applied for an Internship at the White House and that is what they did....I know, because I was rejected and the same thing was going on internet threads...the accepted were trickling in and BAM, the rejects were flooding all at once. lol

Yea... I've kinda resigned myself to this fate

amers73

Postby amers73 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Has anybody heard who has been pending for weeks now?
I wonder if I'll ever hear anything good, or if I am going to be rejected/waitlisted.

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:25 pm

For those of you who are pending, I received a confirmation letter about my student aid report going through that said to call admissions. So I did and they said that for those of us who are pending we might not hear until the end of May and even then it could be a waitlist. Alabama is rolling admissions with a pretty flexible deadline. They are in no rush and they aren't going to feel compelled to tell us before other school's deadlines (that's why so many people pay a deposit at one school and end up at another). I'm sure there's the possibility that some of us could get in but mostly pending means they're waiting to see if they get better applicants.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”