University of Alabama Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
leidice

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby leidice » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:33 pm

amers73 wrote:
leidice wrote:Aaaand... now my status says "Pending". Hope it will bring some good news in the future... but it's definitely nice to see some movement!

Pending is like being in purgatory. I've been pending forever now.

Hey, I'm just glad it's not still sitting at "complete". I began to wonder if they lost my app. :mrgreen:

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 pm

amers73 wrote:
leidice wrote:Aaaand... now my status says "Pending". Hope it will bring some good news in the future... but it's definitely nice to see some movement!

I've been Pending since mid to early December [at least], and submitted in early November. I really don't understand what's taking this long!

southernsnapp

Postby southernsnapp » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Yeah, bummer... you need to be 21 with some rare weird exceptions.

Check out this website: http://www.bhamintlairport.com/passenger-parking.html

If I remember correctly, it costs around $120 each way to get from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa.

Are you going during the ASW? I'm sure somebody could give you a ride if that's the case. Otherwise, you could reach out to Page or Claude and see if somebody is coming the same day around the same time and see if you could carpool. And if you happen to be coming in on 3/10, I can take ya'.

Another option: craiglist ride it. It may not be 100% reliable and you have the chance to meet some unexpected characters, but I've used it to great success.[/quote]

thanks, but im going on 3/24-3/26…ill try to get some help at the dinner tomorrow

rmjones03

Postby rmjones03 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:55 pm

LeDique wrote:
amers73 wrote:

I've been Pending since mid to early December [at least], and submitted in early November. I really don't understand what's taking this long!

My status went to "pending" today as well.... I have decided to take it as a good thing:)

I submitted early January, and did not hear a thing or go complete until 2/3, so I'm excited to have some update at least.
Last edited by rmjones03 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jarv1506

Postby jarv1506 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:56 pm

rmjones03 wrote:
LeDique wrote:
amers73 wrote:

My status went to "pending" today as well.... I have decided to take it as a good thing:)

+1

byronmullens

Postby byronmullens » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 am

jarv1506 wrote:My status went to "pending" today as well.... I have decided to take it as a good thing:)

+1[/quote]
x2

polohut88

Postby polohut88 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 am

Yall, Ive been pending for a heckuva while too. I don't have the numbers to get in and I don't expect to, but a man can dream, right? Because I've literally dreamed several times at night of defying the statistics and the odds and actually getting the golden phone call informing me of getting in. Haha, and then again, I check the mybama.ua.edu status checker several times a day just hoping that it changes from "pending" to something...even rejected. just something, ahhh! lol

txag10

Postby txag10 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:33 am

polohut88 wrote:Yall, Ive been pending for a heckuva while too. I don't have the numbers to get in and I don't expect to, but a man can dream, right? Because I've literally dreamed several times at night of defying the statistics and the odds and actually getting the golden phone call informing me of getting in. Haha, and then again, I check the mybama.ua.edu status checker several times a day just hoping that it changes from "pending" to something...even rejected. just something, ahhh! lol

+1 except I have pretty much stopped checking more than once a week.

amers73

Postby amers73 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:50 am

I don't check anymore either. But I do think of 'Bama every time I listen to the music that I bought with the itunes gift cards they gave me. <3

Dear Alabama, I need closure.

HornetGuy

Postby HornetGuy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 am

amers73 wrote:I don't check anymore either. But I do think of 'Bama every time I listen to the music that I bought with the itunes gift cards they gave me. <3

+1

Helped me scratch a Valentine's Day gift off the checklist. Now every time I look at my wife I think, "roll tide."

bergg007

Postby bergg007 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:00 am

HornetGuy wrote:
amers73 wrote:I don't check anymore either. But I do think of 'Bama every time I listen to the music that I bought with the itunes gift cards they gave me. <3

+1

Helped me scratch a Valentine's Day gift off the checklist. Now every time I look at my wife I think, "roll tide."

If I gave that to my wife for valentines day, every time i looked at her i'd think , "cheapskate!!"

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:06 am

amers73 wrote:

+1

Someone said earlier that it's not a bad thing and I really hope that's true. They said they are just taking more time to review our apps, but I have a bad feeling about it.

Has anyone actually been rejected from Bama yet anyway?

buchy2009

Postby buchy2009 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:10 am

irishvt14 wrote:
amers73 wrote:

+1

Someone said earlier that it's not a bad thing and I really hope that's true. They said they are just taking more time to review our apps, but I have a bad feeling about it.

Looking at law school numbers, it seems that they have mostly just made decisions on 166+ applicants and URMs. Maybe they'll get to the rest of us soon?

gogamecocks

Postby gogamecocks » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:14 am

rmjones03 wrote:
LeDique wrote:
amers73 wrote:

I submitted early January, and did not hear a thing or go complete until 2/3, so I'm excited to have some update at least.

+1

I'm assuming they "Pended" a bunch of us right before the deadline to see what comes in at the end. May only stupid people with poor numbers submit late... Roll Tide

Edit: Bama doesn't have a deadline do they.
/nevermind
//stupid theory

irishvt14

Postby irishvt14 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 am

I've been pending for over a month now so unfortunately I don't think that holds up (but I hope you're right anyway).

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Will there be a wave of acceptances in time to make plans for ASW? I'd hope so, I submitted on 1/31 but was hoping to hear in time for that, since I would definitely need to visit in order to get a feel for the place.

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:54 pm

buchy2009 wrote:
irishvt14 wrote:
amers73 wrote:

+1

Looking at law school numbers, it seems that they have mostly just made decisions on 166+ applicants and URMs. Maybe they'll get to the rest of us soon?

That's why I've been irritated. I *am* 166 and a good gpa.

gogamecocks

Postby gogamecocks » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:56 pm

suspicious android wrote:Will there be a wave of acceptances in time to make plans for ASW? I'd hope so, I submitted on 1/31 but was hoping to hear in time for that, since I would definitely need to visit in order to get a feel for the place.

Same here. Plus today is my birthday, so a good phone call from them this afternoon would be a pretty awesome present.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Has anyone without a scholarship negotiated with them ? Making plans to attend ASW at this point seems useless without $.

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Sandro wrote:Has anyone without a scholarship negotiated with them ? Making plans to attend ASW at this point seems useless without $.

Yea, a few pages back, at least one person had success.

polohut88

Postby polohut88 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:59 pm

Where is everybody?

It gets scary when it gets silent in here....lol

leidice

Postby leidice » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:03 pm

polohut88 wrote:Where is everybody?

It gets scary when it gets silent in here....lol

We are all still waiting to hear back *something*! haha

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:07 pm

So I applied a couple weeks ago and still haven't gone complete, however I have received in email regarding my application to an LLM program I never applied to. Is this normal?

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:10 pm

rman1201 wrote:So I applied a couple weeks ago and still haven't gone complete, however I have received in email regarding my application to an LLM program I never applied to. Is this normal?

No

Eagles_Legendz

Postby Eagles_Legendz » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:16 pm

rman1201 wrote:So I applied a couple weeks ago and still haven't gone complete, however I have received in email regarding my application to an LLM program I never applied to. Is this normal?

Yes, I received the same email and contacted Page who assured me that I was being reviewed as a standard JD applicant.

The heading of my email that I received was:

University of Alabama School of Law LL.M. in Tax Application Status‏

even though I made no mention of the LLM in Tax during my app.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”