University of Alabama Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gogamecocks
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby gogamecocks » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 pm

southernsnapp wrote:
gogamecocks wrote:
alexb wrote:Has there been any sort of consistency in the time it takes to go from "Complete . . ." to "In review", to decision?


Bump. Same question


I went from complete to getting a call.


Son of a...

this waiting is killing me...

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:01 pm

gogamecocks wrote:
alexb wrote:Has there been any sort of consistency in the time it takes to go from "Complete . . ." to "In review", to decision?


Bump. Same question


Mine was 21 days between going complete and getting a call from admissions welcoming me. I think they call as soon as they switch you over to accepted so there's not a ton of value obsessively checking the status checker.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby bartleby » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Bama and SMU are the only schools left that I'd consider over Georgia. I've always wanted to say "Roll Tide"

creader
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:18 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby creader » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:00 pm

You don't say "Roll Tide," you yell it with everything you've got.

gatorlaw2011
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby gatorlaw2011 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 pm

.
Last edited by gatorlaw2011 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:47 am

TommyK wrote:
gogamecocks wrote:
alexb wrote:Has there been any sort of consistency in the time it takes to go from "Complete . . ." to "In review", to decision?


Bump. Same question


Mine was 21 days between going complete and getting a call from admissions welcoming me. I think they call as soon as they switch you over to accepted so there's not a ton of value obsessively checking the status checker.


So pending is bad? I just want/NEED to know if it is bad or if there's no conclusion on its meaning.

lokist86
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby lokist86 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 pm

irishvt14 wrote:
TommyK wrote:
gogamecocks wrote:
alexb wrote:Has there been any sort of consistency in the time it takes to go from "Complete . . ." to "In review", to decision?


Bump. Same question


Mine was 21 days between going complete and getting a call from admissions welcoming me. I think they call as soon as they switch you over to accepted so there's not a ton of value obsessively checking the status checker.


So pending is bad? I just want/NEED to know if it is bad or if there's no conclusion on its meaning.


Pending isn't bad. I've stated it before. I was tired of speculating as well, so I called in to confirm that pending doesn't mean "waitlisted" or anything and the lady confirmed that it merely meant that a decision has not been made yet, nothing more. I was pending all the way until last week before I finally got a call from them.

In via phone call on V-day. 3.6/166 - $20k/yr contingent upon remaining in the top 40%.

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby irishvt14 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Sorry, didn't see that you had stated this before. Congrats on the acceptance

gogamecocks
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby gogamecocks » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:52 pm

TommyK wrote:
gogamecocks wrote:
alexb wrote:Has there been any sort of consistency in the time it takes to go from "Complete . . ." to "In review", to decision?


Bump. Same question


Mine was 21 days between going complete and getting a call from admissions welcoming me. I think they call as soon as they switch you over to accepted so there's not a ton of value obsessively checking the status checker.


Yeah, I work in front of a computer 8 hours a day, your facts still aren't going to keep me from obsessing...

Thanks for the info though, it's nice to have an actual timeline. Congrats.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby rman1201 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 pm

I just spoke to someone from Alabama Admissions, that thick southern accent is too cute

lokist86
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:56 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby lokist86 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:17 pm

irishvt14 wrote:Sorry, didn't see that you had stated this before. Congrats on the acceptance


No problem, and thanks! :) I hope you get your acceptance soon!

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:24 pm

rman1201 wrote:I just spoke to someone from Alabama Admissions, that thick southern accent is too cute


+1

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby suspicious android » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:36 am

For people who have been looking at apartments, how much does a non-crappy 1-bedroom apt within 15 minute drive of the law school go for?

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Sandro » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:18 pm

Was I the only one who got a call today ? In . Does scholarship info come over phone or through mail with admit pack ?

User avatar
dukivich10
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby dukivich10 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Sandro wrote:Was I the only one who got a call today ? In . Does scholarship info come over phone or through mail with admit pack ?


Congrats. I would love to hear something from them.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Sandro wrote:Was I the only one who got a call today ? In . Does scholarship info come over phone or through mail with admit pack ?


Congrats! Not sure about everybody else, but when they accepted me, they gave me the scholly info and stipulation during that call.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby kjadkins » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:05 pm

TommyK wrote:
Sandro wrote:Was I the only one who got a call today ? In . Does scholarship info come over phone or through mail with admit pack ?


Congrats! Not sure about everybody else, but when they accepted me, they gave me the scholly info and stipulation during that call.


Same for me.

southernsnapp
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby southernsnapp » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Anybody going to visit in March? They booked a flight to Birmingham, but I have no clue how I'm supposed to get to Tuscaloosa! I get there too late for a train and a bus! Any other way?

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby kjadkins » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 pm

southernsnapp wrote:Anybody going to visit in March? They booked a flight to Birmingham, but I have no clue how I'm supposed to get to Tuscaloosa! I get there too late for a train and a bus! Any other way?


I rented a car when I visited in Jan., they have shuttle services but they're pretty expensive.

southernsnapp
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby southernsnapp » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:31 pm

kjadkins wrote:
southernsnapp wrote:Anybody going to visit in March? They booked a flight to Birmingham, but I have no clue how I'm supposed to get to Tuscaloosa! I get there too late for a train and a bus! Any other way?


I rented a car when I visited in Jan., they have shuttle services but they're pretty expensive.


I can't rent a car, I'm only 20...

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 am

southernsnapp wrote:
kjadkins wrote:
southernsnapp wrote:Anybody going to visit in March? They booked a flight to Birmingham, but I have no clue how I'm supposed to get to Tuscaloosa! I get there too late for a train and a bus! Any other way?


I rented a car when I visited in Jan., they have shuttle services but they're pretty expensive.


I can't rent a car, I'm only 20...


Yeah, bummer... you need to be 21 with some rare weird exceptions.

Check out this website: http://www.bhamintlairport.com/passenger-parking.html

If I remember correctly, it costs around $120 each way to get from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa.

Are you going during the ASW? I'm sure somebody could give you a ride if that's the case. Otherwise, you could reach out to Page or Claude and see if somebody is coming the same day around the same time and see if you could carpool. And if you happen to be coming in on 3/10, I can take ya'.

Another option: craiglist ride it. It may not be 100% reliable and you have the chance to meet some unexpected characters, but I've used it to great success.

cjs20
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:17 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby cjs20 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:52 pm

suspicious android wrote:For people who have been looking at apartments, how much does a non-crappy 1-bedroom apt within 15 minute drive of the law school go for?


$670 at Rivermont...i don't know about anywhere else though

Anyone thinking about taking the Civ Pro class in May?

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby TommyK » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:47 pm

suspicious android wrote:For people who have been looking at apartments, how much does a non-crappy 1-bedroom apt within 15 minute drive of the law school go for?


They sent us out an apartment guide. Here's an electronic copy, in case you're interested in perusing:

http://tuscaloosaapartmentguide.com/

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby leidice » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Aaaand... now my status says "Pending". Hope it will bring some good news in the future... but it's definitely nice to see some movement!

User avatar
amers73
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby amers73 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:30 pm

leidice wrote:Aaaand... now my status says "Pending". Hope it will bring some good news in the future... but it's definitely nice to see some movement!


Pending is like being in purgatory. I've been pending forever now.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Lawl_Schoolz, pandaaa, xn3345, xnsch, Zoe107 and 13 guests