University of Alabama Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rli66

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby rli66 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:02 pm

I had a lot of fun also. Everyone was really nice and I got a few questions answered. Alabama is definitely high on the list.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:50 pm

I had a really good time. I basically just set out to see if I'd hate it or not if W&M doesn't come through with more $$, and I think I could definitely see myself being happy there. We'll see how the rest of my cycle plays out, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

JakeL

Postby JakeL » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:33 pm

Just wanted to say that I had an awesome time at the open house on Friday. Was very informative, and everyone was very nice. It's good to know that if this is where I end up, I will be happy.

buchy2009

Postby buchy2009 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:38 pm

I submitted my app a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything… what's their usual turn around for "application received" emails?

Albatross

Postby Albatross » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:43 pm

buchy2009 wrote:I submitted my app a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything… what's their usual turn around for "application received" emails?

Mine only took two days.

LttleBlakDress

Postby LttleBlakDress » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:47 pm

JakeL wrote:Just wanted to say that I had an awesome time at the open house on Friday. Was very informative, and everyone was very nice. It's good to know that if this is where I end up, I will be happy.

I felt the same way! I'm still a little nervous about job prospects in California though...

buchy2009

Postby buchy2009 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Albatross wrote:
buchy2009 wrote:I submitted my app a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything… what's their usual turn around for "application received" emails?

Mine only took two days.

When did you apply?

Albatross

Postby Albatross » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:11 pm

buchy2009 wrote:
Albatross wrote:

Mine only took two days.

When did you apply?

11/2 and complete on 11/4

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Am I the only one who applied in Early Nov around both 75ths who hasn't heard back?

Burgstaller04

Postby Burgstaller04 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:52 pm

LeDique wrote:Am I the only one who applied in Early Nov around both 75ths who hasn't heard back?
nope

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Got a phone call today - In, with scholarship of around 80% of OOS tuition. Looking forward to attending ASW in March!

AlphaIncipiens

Postby AlphaIncipiens » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:58 pm

In the same place as you. Submitted a few weeks ago, still haven't heard anything.

KitzyM

Postby KitzyM » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:38 pm

In with scholarship. Complete beginning of November.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:58 pm

TommyK wrote:Got a phone call today - In, with scholarship of around 80% of OOS tuition. Looking forward to attending ASW in March!

Congrats man. When did you apply again?

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Sandro wrote:
TommyK wrote:Got a phone call today - In, with scholarship of around 80% of OOS tuition. Looking forward to attending ASW in March!

Congrats man. When did you apply again?

Thanks!

Sent 12/24, received 1/3, complete 1/4, decision & scholarship info 1/25. Stats - 167/2.95/non-traditional applicant

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:30 pm

AlphaIncipiens wrote:

In the same place as you. Submitted a few weeks ago, still haven't heard anything.

+1

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:41 pm

sabenser wrote:
AlphaIncipiens wrote:

+1

If it's been a few weeks, give 'em a call and make sure they have everything to review your application. Not sure it will affect the decision date, but it will put your mind at ease.

leidice

Postby leidice » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:49 pm

TommyK wrote:If it's been a few weeks, give 'em a call and make sure they have everything to review your application. Not sure it will affect the decision date, but it will put your mind at ease.

I submitted on 1/7, and I called yesterday because I hadn't received any communication from the school after having submitted my app. She said everything was in, verified my email address, and I received the status check letter around 2am.

bergg007

Postby bergg007 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:26 pm

submitted early november, complete late nov. ---crickets--- heard today I have been accepted with a scholarship for 20k. Woohooo

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 pm

bergg007 wrote:submitted early november, complete late nov. ---crickets--- heard today I have been accepted with a scholarship for 20k. Woohooo

Mazel Tov

bergg007

Postby bergg007 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:30 am

How is Bama about waiving the top 40% scholarship? I got an offer fro 22k to wake with a top 2/3 requirement with 11k guarunteed, I just wonder if bama is willing to negotiate. Does anyone know? Is there somewhere that I can check the historical rankings for Bama?

brooksrun

Postby brooksrun » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:42 am

AlphaIncipiens wrote:

I applied January 4th and hadn't heard anything except for my free iTunes download, so I knew they'd received it. Emailed them Monday and they said they would "resend" my info. I think they must have misplaced/lost/ignored some applications, because when I finally got my info today it appeared as if I'd just sent my application in yesterday according to their dates. I know they get tons of applications every day, but I can't help but be a bit cranky about their organization or lack thereof.

Enough of my crankiness. Moral of the story, email them and they will "resend" your info.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 am

brooksrun wrote:
AlphaIncipiens wrote:

I applied January 4th and hadn't heard anything except for my free iTunes download, so I knew they'd received it. Emailed them Monday and they said they would "resend" my info. I think they must have misplaced/lost/ignored some applications, because when I finally got my info today it appeared as if I'd just sent my application in yesterday according to their dates. I know they get tons of applications every day, but I can't help but be a bit cranky about their organization or lack thereof.

Enough of my crankiness. Moral of the story, email them and they will "resend" your info.

Hmm, weird. I had an experience the polar opposite of yours. They solicited my application, called and emailed me when they received it, gave a pretty precise timeline on when it would be decided and called within an hour of making the decision to inform me of acceptance. Overall, I could not be more pleased with the overall organization of the Admissions Program at Bama.

kjadkins

Postby kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:10 am

TommyK wrote:
brooksrun wrote:
AlphaIncipiens wrote:

Hmm, weird. I had an experience the polar opposite of yours. They solicited my application, called and emailed me when they received it, gave a pretty precise timeline on when it would be decided and called within an hour of making the decision to inform me of acceptance. Overall, I could not be more pleased with the overall organization of the Admissions Program at Bama.

Same here, I submitted on 11/30, a few days later got a call to let me know my app was complete, and got the acceptance call on 12/14. So basically two weeks from start to finish.

Their status checker is completely useless though. My status checker said "incomplete" until way after I had already gotten accepted.

brooksrun

Postby brooksrun » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:59 am

TommyK wrote:
brooksrun wrote:
AlphaIncipiens wrote:

I had the same pre-application experience as you. One of the main reasons I applied was because they seemed to be so attentive with me...viewbooks, emails, letters, etc. It's nice to feel wanted :) Maybe I just caught them on a bad day!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”