University of Alabama Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Albatross » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:34 am

Filling out the secondary application today. Hopefully it will be in with the rest of my apps by the end of this week.

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby alicrimson » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:02 pm

I feel like I'm posting this everywhere [and kind of am] but its true. haha. I plan on applying to Bama also but am waiting on my last LoR to hurry up and surface. All is ready and I just want to get on with my freaking cycle already. Bama is my number one choice and should I get in, I'll get the first year of my schooling covered. Gah! Come on, coach. lol.

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby alicrimson » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:57 am

Submitted without the other letter. They'll get it when they get it. haha. Anywho, report was generated and submitted. I hate waiting. Why does this feel like the LSAT part two but with no absolute latest timeline?

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Albatross » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Finished the application. Doing last minute tweaks of resume and PS. Hopefully will be submitted by tonight.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Albatross » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 pm

App sent in tonight with resume, PS, and LOR. How do I know if it has been received, and what's the deal with the status checker or ticker or whatever it's called?

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby alicrimson » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 am

^ Probably today LSAC will send your CAS report in paper form. From there it will take 7-10 business days to process. After that, you will get an email with your user name and a link to status check. I know I applied last week and I'm still waiting. Just be thankful we got in early. The wait could be alot longer. lol.

jeremychristiansen
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby jeremychristiansen » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:12 pm

The status check for Bama isn't very helpful. It is a different format than most other law schools'. Mine has never said anything besides the fact that the application was processed back in August when I applied.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Albatross » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Dammit. I want an acceptance from somewhere soon. This waiting is worse than the LSAT.

User avatar
Thunder Jones
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Thunder Jones » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:57 pm

I've got a 161/3.45 OoS. Is it even worth applying?

User avatar
mcubberly
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby mcubberly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Just missed a call with "good news about my application and scholarship offer." First school I've heard back from!

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Albatross » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:23 pm

mcubberly wrote:Just missed a call with "good news about my application and scholarship offer." First school I've heard back from!


Congrats. Voicemail? And when did you apply?

User avatar
ZachOda
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby ZachOda » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:24 pm

mcubberly wrote:Just missed a call with "good news about my application and scholarship offer." First school I've heard back from!



Who's going to be sitting by his phone all night wondering now?

This guy

User avatar
mcubberly
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby mcubberly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:35 pm

ZachOda wrote:
mcubberly wrote:Just missed a call with "good news about my application and scholarship offer." First school I've heard back from!



Who's going to be sitting by his phone all night wondering now?

This guy


I called their offices back but no answer. I got an email a few minutes later with acceptance and scholarship info. Yay! The admissions people there are so nice.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Albatross » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:29 pm

mcubberly wrote:
ZachOda wrote:
mcubberly wrote:Just missed a call with "good news about my application and scholarship offer." First school I've heard back from!



Who's going to be sitting by his phone all night wondering now?

This guy


I called their offices back but no answer. I got an email a few minutes later with acceptance and scholarship info. Yay! The admissions people there are so nice.


When did you send in your app?

lparker
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby lparker » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:26 pm

mcubberly wrote:Just missed a call with "good news about my application and scholarship offer." First school I've heard back from!

Congratulations! =)

I applied yesterday.

User avatar
mcubberly
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby mcubberly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 pm

Albatross wrote:
mcubberly wrote:
ZachOda wrote:
mcubberly wrote:Just missed a call with "good news about my application and scholarship offer." First school I've heard back from!



Who's going to be sitting by his phone all night wondering now?

This guy


I called their offices back but no answer. I got an email a few minutes later with acceptance and scholarship info. Yay! The admissions people there are so nice.


When did you send in your app?



I sent it in 10/10, and went complete 10/12 or 10/13. Pretty fast turnaround.
lparker wrote:
mcubberly wrote:Just missed a call with "good news about my application and scholarship offer." First school I've heard back from!

Congratulations! =)

I applied yesterday.


Thank you! It's nice to know I'll be going to law school SOMEWHERE :). Good luck on your app!

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby jwaters » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Just sent mine in about 10 minutes ago. Good luck everyone

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby nematoad » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:20 pm

In via a very nice voicemail and equally nice email. 23k a year as well. Super sweet.

User avatar
ZachOda
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby ZachOda » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:46 am

nematoad wrote:In via a very nice voicemail and equally nice email. 23k a year as well. Super sweet.


Congrats nematoad!

When did you submit?

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby nematoad » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:05 pm

ZachOda wrote:
nematoad wrote:In via a very nice voicemail and equally nice email. 23k a year as well. Super sweet.


Congrats nematoad!

When did you submit?


thank you zach submitted 10/5

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby alicrimson » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 pm

For those of you who have heard or applied very early October/in September, on your status checker did it ever say "complete" or what was the change with this? I've been checking mine almost daily and there hasn't really been any changes other than it shows I have applied. Thanks!

MPeterson
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby MPeterson » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:00 am

Applied 10/26, got a call 11/5. Has anyone else gotten an offer to interview for their Dean's Scholars program? Going on Monday! :D

MPeterson
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby MPeterson » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:00 am

alicrimson wrote:For those of you who have heard or applied very early October/in September, on your status checker did it ever say "complete" or what was the change with this? I've been checking mine almost daily and there hasn't really been any changes other than it shows I have applied. Thanks!

Mine never changed from the beginning. I don't remember what it said.

Mpeterson4
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Mpeterson4 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:00 pm

MPeterson wrote:Applied 10/26, got a call 11/5. Has anyone else gotten an offer to interview for their Dean's Scholars program? Going on Monday! :D


I read this and got really confused as to why I posted that I had an interview when I have not been accepted... then I double checked the user name

User avatar
Kchuck
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 am

Re: University of Alabama Class of 2014

Postby Kchuck » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Any other accepted students get the huge package in the mail?

:shock:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lillawyer2, StandardWhiteGuy32, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests