Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Gotti » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:25 am

UR as of 12/6 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


My stomach is doing flips.

Edit: Submitted 11/30, complete 12/1
They are very quick...is this a bad sign???

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby NZA » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:28 am

Gotti wrote:UR as of 12/6 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


My stomach is doing flips.

Edit: Submitted 11/30, complete 12/1
They are very quick...is this a bad sign???


I don't think so...it seems like a lot of people went from submit to complete to UR very quickly. I was UR in matter of a few days, as well.

Good luck!

AEM2010
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby AEM2010 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:31 am

Gotti wrote:UR as of 12/6 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


My stomach is doing flips.

Edit: Submitted 11/30, complete 12/1
They are very quick...is this a bad sign???


Don't freak out quite yet, I think their "under review" is similar to "complete" at most schools. I submitted November 2nd and was under review a few days later, and am still there.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Gotti » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:32 am

NZA wrote:
Gotti wrote:UR as of 12/6 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


My stomach is doing flips.

Edit: Submitted 11/30, complete 12/1
They are very quick...is this a bad sign???


I don't think so...it seems like a lot of people went from submit to complete to UR very quickly. I was UR in matter of a few days, as well.

Good luck!



Oh okay...did you get a decision yet? What does the timeline usually look like/how long does it take to change from UR to a Decision?

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby NZA » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:40 am

Gotti wrote:
NZA wrote:
Gotti wrote:UR as of 12/6 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


My stomach is doing flips.

Edit: Submitted 11/30, complete 12/1
They are very quick...is this a bad sign???


I don't think so...it seems like a lot of people went from submit to complete to UR very quickly. I was UR in matter of a few days, as well.

Good luck!


Oh okay...did you get a decision yet? What does the timeline usually look like/how long does it take to change from UR to a Decision?


No decision, yet...I submitted 11/18 (or 19?), and went to UR 11/22 (basically over the weekend). No idea on how long it will actually take to get a decision. Given the fact that Boalt seems to get the bulk of their acceptances out before the New Year (and definitely by the end of January), I'm hoping soon?

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby username99 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:24 pm

NZA wrote:
Gotti wrote:
NZA wrote:
Gotti wrote:UR as of 12/6 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


My stomach is doing flips.

Edit: Submitted 11/30, complete 12/1
They are very quick...is this a bad sign???


I don't think so...it seems like a lot of people went from submit to complete to UR very quickly. I was UR in matter of a few days, as well.

Good luck!


Oh okay...did you get a decision yet? What does the timeline usually look like/how long does it take to change from UR to a Decision?


No decision, yet...I submitted 11/18 (or 19?), and went to UR 11/22 (basically over the weekend). No idea on how long it will actually take to get a decision. Given the fact that Boalt seems to get the bulk of their acceptances out before the New Year (and definitely by the end of January), I'm hoping soon?


That'd be sweet

User avatar
ThreeYears
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby ThreeYears » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Mine still remains "We have received your application." at 11/24/2010. :?

Really do not understand the differences among each applicants. Especially those who got super quick "complete" statuses.

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:45 pm

I am guessing there has been no phone calls today or movement.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:48 pm

It's been a while hasn't it? Maybe this is the first committee review? Or are they holding over til the new year? I hope some of you hear back before the break!

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:It's been a while hasn't it? Maybe this is the first committee review? Or are they holding over til the new year? I hope some of you hear back before the break!


+1,000,000,001

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:It's been a while hasn't it? Maybe this is the first committee review? Or are they holding over til the new year? I hope some of you hear back before the break!

The pattern on lsn from last year seemed to be batches of acceptances every 4-5 days for the first few weeks (after an initial 4 days straight of calls). I honestly expected more people to hear back today and yesterday, but it also looks like more people were accepted this year during the initial calls (or at least reported so on lsn). Who knows :lol:
Last edited by hipstermafia on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Sentry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 pm

UR since 11/8. Why don't they just ding me now and get it over with.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:56 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
r6_philly wrote:It's been a while hasn't it? Maybe this is the first committee review? Or are they holding over til the new year? I hope some of you hear back before the break!

The pattern on lsn from last year seemed to be batches of acceptances every 4-5 days for the first few weeks (after an initial 4 days straight of calls). I honestly expected more people to hear back today and yesterday, but it also looks like more people were accepted this year during the initial calls (or at least reported so on lsn). Who knows :lol:


So they called for 2 days before Thanksgiving, and 2 days after, but then it's been quiet for a week. Maybe they will by the end of this week admit more? I hope starting tomorrow a lot more actions will come here and in the Penn thread.

User avatar
Clint Eastwood
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:15 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Clint Eastwood » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi hipster.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:58 pm

r6_philly wrote:So they called for 2 days before Thanksgiving, and 2 days after, but then it's been quiet for a week. Maybe they will by the end of this week admit more? I hope starting tomorrow a lot more actions will come here and in the Penn thread.

I think there were a few calls yesterday, but other than those it has been pretty quiet around here.

and Clint, i hate you.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:Hi hipster.

OFF TOPIC. BAN PLEASE!!!

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Sentry wrote:UR since 11/8. Why don't they just ding me now and get it over with.

Same here. I'm still holding out for an email though :)

User avatar
CryingMonkey
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby CryingMonkey » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:51 pm

I got an email from them yesterday, but I'd found out via status checker a lil while ago.

Also, hi hipster!

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:53 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:Hi hipster.

OFF TOPIC. BAN PLEASE!!!

I could use a ban. thanks CR.

and HEY CM!

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby timmna » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:53 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
Sentry wrote:UR since 11/8. Why don't they just ding me now and get it over with.

Same here. I'm still holding out for an email though :)


I have the same UR date. Tomorrow is my one month anniversary.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:53 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:Hi hipster.

OFF TOPIC. BAN PLEASE!!!

I could use a ban. thanks CR.

and HEY CM!

hi hipster

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Just got an email with directions to get on to Berk's admitted students site.

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby mrmangs » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:06 pm

CastleRock wrote:Just got an email with directions to get on to Berk's admitted students site.


Yeah. Two emails to be precise.

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby artichoke » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Have the calls pretty much stopped for now then? I hope the next round comes soon... and that I'm in it! Good luck to all those still waiting to hear.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby NZA » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:12 pm

CastleRock wrote:Just got an email with directions to get on to Berk's admitted students site.


End of line.

lol, anyway, do you mind telling us you submitted the app? :) Been UR since...11/22? Something like that.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], mm2368 and 3 guests