Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HeavenWood

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:And the next day, and the next day, and the next... :?

When do you guys think the calls will end?

Some time around June or July of 2011? LOL :)

So everyone who gets in gets a call? Even if they go to committee review?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Weirdlog wrote:
timmna wrote:So maybe Berkeley is just waiting until late to start calling like they did last week...

I'd be very surprised if we got any calls today (at this point).

But there's always tomorrow...

TITCR!!!

I bet there will be calls tomorrow.

archie&veronica

Postby archie&veronica » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

I am apparently admitted (status checker), with no call and no missed calls yesterday...but it seems like most of the earlier applicants get calls

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

As far as I can tell (I am BY NO MEANS an expert), yes, everyone that is admitted will receive a phone call.

I welcome a correction, though.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 pm

I am apparently admitted (status checker), with no call and no missed calls yesterday...but it seems like most of the earlier applicants get calls

They could be back-logged on the calls, perhaps? Or it could just be that only the first "cream of the crop" batch of admits get phone calls. That'd be sad.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:As far as I can tell (I am BY NO MEANS an expert), yes, everyone that is admitted will receive a phone call.

And here I was, thinking only the most special among the special snowflakes received calls from Dean Tom!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:59 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:As far as I can tell (I am BY NO MEANS an expert), yes, everyone that is admitted will receive a phone call.

And here I was, thinking only the most special among the special snowflakes received calls from Dean Tom!

That is certainly a possibility and wouldn't surprise me very much. I suppose they wouldn't want to make what, 1200 calls? LOL.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

That is certainly a possibility and wouldn't surprise me very much. I suppose they wouldn't want to make what, 1200 calls? LOL.

JR makes 2000 calls. Berkeley has the office make calls, they can call everyone so they all feel special! :)

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:10 pm

IIRC whoever called Knock said they would not be making a lot of phone calls

Kiwi917

Postby Kiwi917 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:24 pm

deepdishpizza wrote:
Kiwi917 wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:
timmna wrote:I just had the overwhelming feeling my GPA's sending me off to committee review, best case scenario...

You and me both, buddy. Let's see if they're "holistic" enough to let in sub-3.6's.

They are. I had a 3.5x and got a call on Monday.

Ahhhh, so much hope. What was your LSAT like?

176 this year, 162 from 2005.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:26 pm

hipstermafia wrote:IIRC whoever called Knock said they would not be making a lot of phone calls

I thought he meant that they will only be making a few calls *in this bactch*. I didn't take it to mean they won't call the rest of the cycle. Anyhow I don't think people will feel any less special as long as they get in!

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:28 pm

r6_philly wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:IIRC whoever called Knock said they would not be making a lot of phone calls

I thought he meant that they will only be making a few calls *in this bactch*. I didn't take it to mean they won't call the rest of the cycle. Anyhow I don't think people will feel any less special as long as they get in!

Seriously, I'll take an official signature on an airplane vomit bag as long as it holds up as an acceptance. :roll:

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:

This is correct. I didn't ask about phone calls as related to the specific medium for acceptance transmittal, I asked about phone calls as it related to quantity and timing of acceptances the week of Thanksgiving.

Basically, she told me they were only giving acceptances, at least for that first week, to a small quantity of people. The point being don't worry too much if you didn't get accepted that week.

Sorry for any confusion. <3.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Knock wrote:Sorry for any confusion. <3.

No Knock, thank YOU for being amazing <3

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:43 am

r6_philly wrote:
Weirdlog wrote:
timmna wrote:So maybe Berkeley is just waiting until late to start calling like they did last week...

TITCR!!!

Yeah Philly!!!!

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:44 am

r6_philly wrote:
Weirdlog wrote:

TITCR!!!

Yeah Philly!!!!

I bet there will be calls tonight.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:46 am

You guys need to all be in so I have people to drink with :D

Since that is an important thing, I think you will all get in. 8)

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:48 am

r6_philly wrote:You guys need to all be in so I have people to drink with :D

Logical reasoning FTW!

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:54 am

r6_philly wrote:You guys need to all be in so I have people to drink with :D

Logical reasoning FTW!

love it.

glitched

Postby glitched » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:57 am

Just became under review yesterday. I HOPE I GET IN!~!?$?!#@$@!?$@!$?@!$@!?$@! IM FREAKIN OUT!. lol not really but I REALLY want to get in. i went to berkeley for undergrad lol And the weather is unbeatable. I miss the weather there. and the food. so good. so cheap too. and their cafe's. so awesssomemeeee. cool people. cool city. but rent sucks - i had the worst apt for the worst price.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:02 am

leeronalda wrote:Just became under review yesterday. I HOPE I GET IN!~!?$?!#@$@!?$@!$?@!$@!?$@! IM FREAKIN OUT!. lol not really but I REALLY want to get in. i went to berkeley for undergrad lol And the weather is unbeatable. I miss the weather there. and the food. so good. so cheap too. and their cafe's. so awesssomemeeee. cool people. cool city. but rent sucks - i had the worst apt for the worst price.

Good luck!

What's a cheap place to rent a house or large (3-4 br) apartment? I don't mind commuting a little (~30 minutes) as long as rent is acceptable. Good schools would be wonderful (have kids).

hellome

Postby hellome » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:05 am

hey anyone know how people abroad have been accepted?
it's takes a lot of numbers to dial my number from the states :shock:

glitched

Postby glitched » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:10 am

r6_philly wrote:
leeronalda wrote:Just became under review yesterday. I HOPE I GET IN!~!?$?!#@$@!?$@!$?@!$@!?$@! IM FREAKIN OUT!. lol not really but I REALLY want to get in. i went to berkeley for undergrad lol And the weather is unbeatable. I miss the weather there. and the food. so good. so cheap too. and their cafe's. so awesssomemeeee. cool people. cool city. but rent sucks - i had the worst apt for the worst price.

Good luck!

What's a cheap place to rent a house or large (3-4 br) apartment? I don't mind commuting a little (~30 minutes) as long as rent is acceptable. Good schools would be wonderful (have kids).

30 minutes away? you have some good options. i would say your best bet is emeryville. it's a nice city but it's like built on some old indian burial ground - Lol. that doesn't really matter but it was always an interesting topic to talk about when we were there. my friend lived there while in school and she paid like nothing for a really nice apt - like good floors, plumbing and stuff (don't take that for granted haha). ANYWHERE NEAR CAMPUS ON THE SOUTH SIDE WILL ROB YOU IF YOU WANT TO RAISE A FAMILY! LOL im not kidding. bad plumbing, bad floors, dangerous neighborhoods, stupid undergraduates. Right north of campus is pretty nice though - really quiet, pretty neighborhood but it can get pricey. don't go too north cause it gets scary up there when you start hitting up around richmond. but i would put my money on emeryville.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:15 am

leeronalda wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Good luck!

30 minutes away? you have some good options. i would say your best bet is emeryville. it's a nice city but it's like built on some old indian burial ground - Lol. that doesn't really matter but it was always an interesting topic to talk about when we were there. my friend lived there while in school and she paid like nothing for a really nice apt - like good floors, plumbing and stuff (don't take that for granted haha). ANYWHERE NEAR CAMPUS ON THE SOUTH SIDE WILL ROB YOU IF YOU WANT TO RAISE A FAMILY! LOL im not kidding. bad plumbing, bad floors, dangerous neighborhoods, stupid undergraduates. Right north of campus is pretty nice though - really quiet, pretty neighborhood but it can get pricey. don't go too north cause it gets scary up there when you start hitting up around richmond. but i would put my money on emeryville.

Where do most of the law school students live? I'm looking for a place that's not surrounded by undergraduates, hopefully quiet and a good environment for studying. I'd like to live within 10-15 minutes. I'm willing to pay a decent price and would like a nice apartment or house, but I don't want to get ripped off or pay a ridiculous amount.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:18 am

Got a call from UC Berkeley on the caller ID at home tonight and my heart started flipping. Boalt calls people for acceptances at 9PM???? Turns out all they wanted my parent's money. My sister is an UG there. Can't help but laugh at my reasoning that it was for me at this late an hour. But, La Fin du Monde helped soothe my strife.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”