Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
canes

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby canes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Does this email mean I went to committee review and that the dean passed up on me (as i expect he will)?

Thank you for submitting an application to the U.C. Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall). We write to inform you that it was processed successfully and is now under review.

Our review process is thorough and holistic. Each application is reviewed individually and several factors are taken into account. Given the large number of applications we receive, we request that you refrain from contacting us unless the matter is urgent. You may check your status at http://www.law.berkeley.edu/2987.htm.

Thank you for entrusting us with your application. We will notify you of the decision on your application as soon as it becomes available.

The Berkeley Law Office of Admissions

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:26 pm

canes wrote:Does this email mean I went to committee review and that the dean passed up on me (as i expect he will)?

Thank you for submitting an application to the U.C. Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall). We write to inform you that it was processed successfully and is now under review.

Our review process is thorough and holistic. Each application is reviewed individually and several factors are taken into account. Given the large number of applications we receive, we request that you refrain from contacting us unless the matter is urgent. You may check your status at http://www.law.berkeley.edu/2987.htm.

Thank you for entrusting us with your application. We will notify you of the decision on your application as soon as it becomes available.

No, it means you are under review.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Knock wrote:
canes wrote:Does this email mean I went to committee review and that the dean passed up on me (as i expect he will)?

No, it means you are under review.

+1
Yup, although I've been under review since 11/08 (the day I got my status checker), and didn't get my e-mail until the 12th. Probably just processing lag time.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Gah, no phone calls yet. Okay, it's only 1 pm at Berkeley...

ETA: I need to chill.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Gah, no phone calls yet. Okay, it's only 1 pm at Berkeley...

Don't worry Habit! I hope and expect you to get a phone call soon :D.

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Knock wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Gah, no phone calls yet. Okay, it's only 1 pm at Berkeley...

+1

zarabenjamin

Postby zarabenjamin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:57 pm

for some reason i just have this feeling that there won't be any phone calls today...but that's just my gut feeling and it is supported by nothing except my emotions haha

camelcrema

Postby camelcrema » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Knock wrote:

+1

I work 20 minutes from there, so I'm tempted to go see what they're up to...

zarabenjamin

Postby zarabenjamin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:57 pm

zarabenjamin wrote:

for some reason i just have this feeling that there won't be any phone calls today...but that's just my gut feeling and it is supported by nothing except my emotions haha

also i should note that i am just as anxious as you are! crossing my fingers for both of us :)

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:57 pm

zarabenjamin wrote:

You're crazy! They're probably about to burn up the phone lines calling all the people in here waiting.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:59 pm

Knock wrote:

+1, you already got into a great school so at least you know there's nothing seriously wrong with your app! And not to make this about me, but I'm slowly dying inside as it looks more and more like the first decision I will get is the least likely I'll be accepted to :?

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:08 pm

OMG, y'all just cheered me up majorly. Thanks :)

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:13 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
Knock wrote:

+1, you already got into a great school so at least you know there's nothing seriously wrong with your app! And not to make this about me, but I'm slowly dying inside as it looks more and more like the first decision I will get is the least likely I'll be accepted to :?

:( ... This may very well not be so (look at the wide range of people Berkeley has taken so far!). But if it is, take solace in the fact that it will be all uphill from there!

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:17 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
Knock wrote:

:( ... This may very well not be so (look at the wide range of people Berkeley has taken so far!). But if it is, take solace in the fact that it will be all uphill from there!

Well I actually meant my ED to Columbia, which after a debacle with a missing document basically rendered my Duke priority track pointless, is probably going to be the first I hear back from a school. Not that I'm banking on a Berkeley acceptance either, but I just wish I had SOME acceptance (I'm looking at you GULC!) before the big decision at CLS comes this week.
So basically what I'm trying to say is that if I were you and had Mich under my belt UCB would just be icing on the cake to an already awesome cycle :D

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:29 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
Well I actually meant my ED to Columbia, which after a debacle with a missing document basically rendered my Duke priority track pointless, is probably going to be the first I hear back from a school. Not that I'm banking on a Berkeley acceptance either, but I just wish I had SOME acceptance (I'm looking at you GULC!) before the big decision at CLS comes this week.
So basically what I'm trying to say is that if I were you and had Mich under my belt UCB would just be icing on the cake to an already awesome cycle :D

Oh that's right, sorry, I forgot! That is nerveracking! Good luck!!!

daisyduke

Postby daisyduke » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:44 pm

Still no calls yet?? :shock:

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Nothing over here. =-/

hellome

Postby hellome » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:18 pm

i guess they're taking today off?

june624

Postby june624 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:37 pm

So I've been lurking but decided to post because I just saw I am in via status checker-- but no call...has this happened to anyone else?

paisaaa

Postby paisaaa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:39 pm

june624 wrote:So I've been lurking but decided to post because I just saw I am in via status checker-- but no call...has this happened to anyone else?

It's happened to a couple of people earlier in the cycle (sorry I can't reference the exact thread page). I got the call yesterday but my status checker didn't update until a minute ago citing today as the decision date.

paisaaa

Postby paisaaa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:40 pm

june624 wrote:So I've been lurking but decided to post because I just saw I am in via status checker-- but no call...has this happened to anyone else?

Also: CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sorry it totally slipped my mind when I was obviously so eager to answer your question.

june624

Postby june624 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:43 pm

valengina wrote:

Sorry it totally slipped my mind when I was obviously so eager to answer your question.

Thanks! my neurotic side was insisting it was some kind of mistake...

YAY!!!

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:55 pm

june624 wrote:
valengina wrote:

Thanks! my neurotic side was insisting it was some kind of mistake...

YAY!!!

Congratulations!

timmna

Postby timmna » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Congratulations to June!

Here's hoping we get some calls today! (And I couldn't bear to let this thread stay banished to the second page of the forum.)

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:19 pm

+1... Bump for optimism's sake.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”