Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DreamShake
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby DreamShake » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:27 pm

My heart skipped a beat earlier today when I saw I'd missed a phone call. The phone said it was "Mom." I called back; it was my dad calling me from no more than 50 feet away. I had an internal mini-rage.

tea_drinker wrote:
Also, congrats everyone!!! Hope Dean Tom keeps making those phone calls everyday for the rest of this month. :D


+1 to everything, though I'm pretty sure I'm headed to committee review. And nice 'tar!

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:34 pm

[quote="DreamShake"]My heart skipped a beat earlier today when I saw I'd missed a phone call. The phone said it was "Mom." I called back; it was my dad calling me from no more than 50 feet away. I had an internal mini-rage.[quote="tea_drinker"]

I am sorry, but your dad is seriously messing with you. this made me giggle, it is actually funny.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:38 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
R6, when did you submit/go complete/under review?

same with a few others? if you don't mind sharing


Submitted 9/21, complete 10/14, UR 10/18, accepted 11/29.

Can't believe it's been 9 weeks...

lyman03
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby lyman03 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:45 pm

In! Called back and spoke to Dean Tom. Excited for ASW!!

Submitted 11/15
UR 11/22
In 11/29

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:48 pm

congrats everyone! I've only been under review for about a week...can't complain yet! hearing people's acceptances is so exciting!

masson
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby masson » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:51 pm

lyman03 wrote:In! Called back and spoke to Dean Tom. Excited for ASW!!

Submitted 11/15
UR 11/22
In 11/29

Big Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still UR 11/22!

masson
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby masson » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:52 pm

sarahlawg wrote:congrats everyone! I've only been under review for about a week...can't complain yet! hearing people's acceptances is so exciting!

+1

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby daisyduke » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:55 pm

lyman03 wrote:In! Called back and spoke to Dean Tom. Excited for ASW!!

Submitted 11/15
UR 11/22
In 11/29



Congrats! Where are you at (timezone)?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:14 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
lyman03 wrote:I just got a call but I missed it! Called back and it was Dean Tom's voicemail. Does that definitely mean I'm in? They don't leave messages?

Submitted 11/15
UR 11/22
Numbers are 3.8/175


Call me crazy but... sounds like you're in!


Your crazy :P. Jk, Congrats Lyman!!! I would definitely call them back if you haven't already, it's only 3pm over here, still plenty within business hours.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:31 pm

In via phone at 4:53 CST.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:49 pm

tkgrrett wrote:In via phone at 4:53 CST.


Congrats TK. You going to telling Harvard you're coming out west? :P

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby artichoke » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:49 pm

Congrats all who were accepted today! Getting in to Boalt is so exciting!!

zarabenjamin
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby zarabenjamin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:56 pm

tkgrrett wrote:In via phone at 4:53 CST.



congratulations! did you have a 4 page statement or a why berkeley?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Knock wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:In via phone at 4:53 CST.


Congrats TK. You going to telling Harvard you're coming out west? :P


LOL, doubtful but I will probably at least check out ASW. This time last year (when I was more hopeful of an econ bounceback) UC-Berk was actually among my top 2 choices.

zarabenjamin wrote:congratulations! did you have a 4 page statement or a why berkeley?


3.5 pages including a section about how I loved uc-berk for it being known as a place of social development as well as academic.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Also.. a thread of travel stipends from last year said berkeley only gives stipends to "some" admits. The admissions lady mentioned I would receive some info on a stipend for travel costs to ASW April 8th. I assumed this was standard... did everyone else get this convo or maybe I imagined it??

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby mrmangs » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:29 pm

I wasn't told about a travel stipend on my phone call. I think they only offer that to people who live far away and/or they really want.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Also.. a thread of travel stipends from last year said berkeley only gives stipends to "some" admits. The admissions lady mentioned I would receive some info on a stipend for travel costs to ASW April 8th. I assumed this was standard... did everyone else get this convo or maybe I imagined it??


She said to me funds will be available to help defray the cost of traveling. Details will be in the packet sent later in Dec. I am way on the east coast so maybe that's why it was mentioned to me.

User avatar
paisaaa
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby paisaaa » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:44 pm

r6_philly wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Also.. a thread of travel stipends from last year said berkeley only gives stipends to "some" admits. The admissions lady mentioned I would receive some info on a stipend for travel costs to ASW April 8th. I assumed this was standard... did everyone else get this convo or maybe I imagined it??


She said to me funds will be available to help defray the cost of traveling. Details will be in the packet sent later in Dec. I am way on the east coast so maybe that's why it was mentioned to me.


+1

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby moxiepostulate » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:06 pm

Aaack. I submitted on the 9th and went under review on the 15th. Maybe Dean Tom is not a fan of my GPA? *sad panda*

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:20 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:Aaack. I submitted on the 9th and went under review on the 15th. Maybe Dean Tom is not a fan of my GPA? *sad panda*


I submitted and went UR the exact same dates as you, moxie--no worries!

mybrain
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby mybrain » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:23 pm

moxiepostulate wrote:Aaack. I submitted on the 9th and went under review on the 15th. Maybe Dean Tom is not a fan of my GPA? *sad panda*

+1
submitted 11/13, UR 11/16............

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:37 pm

I submitted 10/28 and was UR 11/3... and nothin'. Oh well, patience is a virtue. Tailored PS and LoR targeted from UCB alum.

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Kiwi917 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:15 pm

In! Call from Dean Tom around 2PM today (PST, I'm in CA). Submitted 11/3, under review 11/8. Below 25% GPA, above 75% LSAT. This is my top choice school - I'm still in shock... :shock:

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby moxiepostulate » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:34 pm

Weirdlog wrote:
moxiepostulate wrote:Aaack. I submitted on the 9th and went under review on the 15th. Maybe Dean Tom is not a fan of my GPA? *sad panda*


I submitted and went UR the exact same dates as you, moxie--no worries!



Thanks for your support fellow ides of november UR-folk! Hopefully we'll all get calls in the next week or two, fingers crossed.

And congrats to those of you hearing back!! My penciled-in plan is to wind up in the Bay Area in the long run, so I'd be pleased as punch to be accepted. Well done peeps :)

User avatar
paisaaa
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby paisaaa » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Kiwi917 wrote:In! Call from Dean Tom around 2PM today (PST, I'm in CA). Submitted 11/3, under review 11/8. Below 25% GPA, above 75% LSAT. This is my top choice school - I'm still in shock... :shock:


Yay! Many congrats; see you at asw!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, 88234, Baby Gaga, Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], guybourdin, hangold, joezze, laurlaur2112, liuwenyu, smashbash, Smc1994, vho1791, Why??? and 32 guests