Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby obrienfa » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:40 am

zarabenjamin wrote:for those of you who received phone calls today, is your status also updated to "admitted" or does it still say "under review"?


Mine was changed after I got my phone call (but I hadn't really checked it before so maybe it could have changed?)

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby obrienfa » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:43 am

hellome wrote:+++1

did anyone ask if they'll be back in the office friday after their 1.5 day break? jk...


haha don't be shy, i want to know this as well :oops:
are they back on friday?[/quote]

http://www.law.berkeley.edu/182.htm

Doesn't look like they will be but you never know. Will keep my fingers crossed for all of you waiting that they are!

HopefulFish
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby HopefulFish » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:18 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:UR since 11/1 :(


I've been UR since 10/23

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:46 pm

HopefulFish wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:UR since 11/1 :(


I've been UR since 10/23


Try 10/18

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:50 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:UR since 11/1 :(


I've been UR since 10/23


Try 10/18


Same :(

Teflon1974
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Teflon1974 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:40 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:UR since 11/1 :(


I've been UR since 10/23


Try 10/18


Same :(


Also 10/18

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby daisyduke » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:06 pm

I've been UR since 10/23[/quote]

Try 10/18[/quote]

Same :([/quote]

Also 10/18[/quote]

Me too... Come on phone call!

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:11 pm

daisyduke wrote:Me too... Come on phone call!

What are your stats?

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby daisyduke » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:19 pm

CastleRock wrote:
daisyduke wrote:Me too... Come on phone call!

What are your stats?


PM'ed :D

canuck
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby canuck » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:48 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:UR since 11/1 :(


+1

Oh wellzzz :?

Saltqjibo
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Saltqjibo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Is it important to write a "why x" for berkeley?

I have a 3.76/175

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Saltqjibo wrote:Is it important to write a "why x" for berkeley?

I have a 3.76/175



I didn't and I got a call from Dean Tom..170 and 3.88

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:25 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
Saltqjibo wrote:Is it important to write a "why x" for berkeley?

I have a 3.76/175



I didn't and I got a call from Dean Tom..170 and 3.88


I didn't and got accepted as well.

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby daisyduke » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Well from these new graphs viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139015 it looks like Berkeley decisions should start coming faster over the next few weeks! I sure hope so :D

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:11 am

daisyduke wrote:Well from these new graphs viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139015 it looks like Berkeley decisions should start coming faster over the next few weeks! I sure hope so :D


Ditto! Thanks for the link.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:41 am

Saltqjibo wrote:Is it important to write a "why x" for berkeley?

I have a 3.76/175

Berkeley gives two extra page sfor a personal statement. If you want them to know you want in, use the page limit.

U-Bahn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:14 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby U-Bahn » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:51 am

I'm a splitter with 171/3.3, would Berkeley really throw out my application?

I'm an international student, tri-lingual, and have extensive experience in a human rights organization.

I really do want to go to Berekely, since I have deep interest in environmental law.


Sensing from all the threads, Berkeley won't accept low GPAs..

and that's killing me..

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby shanemahsa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:29 pm

U-Bahn wrote:I'm a splitter with 171/3.3, would Berkeley really throw out my application?

I'm an international student, tri-lingual, and have extensive experience in a human rights organization.

I really do want to go to Berekely, since I have deep interest in environmental law.


Sensing from all the threads, Berkeley won't accept low GPAs..

and that's killing me..


I know how u feel.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:04 pm

CastleRock wrote:Berkeley gives two extra page sfor a personal statement. If you want them to know you want in, use the page limit.


Yah wish I had realized that before I submitted my 1.5 page statement.

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Ghost » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:21 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Berkeley gives two extra page sfor a personal statement. If you want them to know you want in, use the page limit.


Yah wish I had realized that before I submitted my 1.5 page statement.


I was accepted with a just under 2 page personal statement.

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby silly101 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:03 pm

cool mine was 2 pages
too hard to write another one

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:46 pm

I am excited to go back to work tomorrow because work day = week day = admissions offices open. Even better? The time change between the East Coast and the West Coast is a great motivator to not fall asleep at my desk around 1:30 pm...

Thank you law school admissions process for improving my life.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:30 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:I am excited to go back to work tomorrow because work day = week day = admissions offices open. Even better? The time change between the East Coast and the West Coast is a great motivator to not fall asleep at my desk around 1:30 pm...

Thank you law school admissions process for improving my life.


:lol: :lol: :lol:. Good luck E=aH!

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:35 pm

Knock wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:I am excited to go back to work tomorrow because work day = week day = admissions offices open. Even better? The time change between the East Coast and the West Coast is a great motivator to not fall asleep at my desk around 1:30 pm...

Thank you law school admissions process for improving my life.


:lol: :lol: :lol:. Good luck E=aH!


Thanks Knock!! I sure appreciate your sticking around the thread even after acceptance. btw, I'm cursing the day I chose such a long and annoying-sounding username. Call me Habit :wink: (or something)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, danid83, hopeful applicant, jprath2, lawschoolbound2017, VapidP and 31 guests