Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clone22

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby clone22 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:58 pm

miracle2011 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
miracle2011 wrote:Have any of the recent (CR1) admits received an email about how to get into the admitted student website? The initial email of acceptance said that their would be a second email, did anyone else get it?

Nope, I haven't gotten it yet. :( I called them on Thursday and asked for info on the ASD so I could make my travel plans and mentioned that I hadn't gotten the email yet... but I was too awkward to ask them when it would come. My dad says that a huge package from them arrived yesterday (at my permanent address) so that's something!

Yeah I got the package today as well, however there was no information about how to log in, I guess we have to wait until Monday?

They'll send you two separate emails with instructions on how to create calnet id and log into the admitted students site. Congrats all, and good luck all, whichever is applicable :)

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:18 pm

clone22 wrote:
miracle2011 wrote:
miracle2011 wrote:Have any of the recent (CR1) admits received an email about how to get into the admitted student website? The initial email of acceptance said that their would be a second email, did anyone else get it?

Nope, I haven't gotten it yet. :( I called them on Thursday and asked for info on the ASD so I could make my travel plans and mentioned that I hadn't gotten the email yet... but I was too awkward to ask them when it would come. My dad says that a huge package from them arrived yesterday (at my permanent address) so that's something!

Yeah I got the package today as well, however there was no information about how to log in, I guess we have to wait until Monday?

They'll send you two separate emails with instructions on how to create calnet id and log into the admitted students site. Congrats all, and good luck all, whichever is applicable :)

Thank you!

ejeric

Postby ejeric » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:28 pm

pixytree wrote:
expat17 wrote:WL here (CR1).

Can anyone who got in share the date that you need to respond to the acceptance by?

From what I understand, confirming that you accept requires no deposit, which may mean people on the waitlist will be active until the very last minute since there is no check to write, and people aren't really forced to make their decisions earlier ....

Thanks.

There's that and the fact that Boalt supposedly doesn't let people know about financial aid until well into April so it's hard for many to make a decision sooner.

Based on previous years, does anyone know about how many students Boalt admits from the WL? I realize it varies year to year so it's hard to predict, but a rough estimate would help Is it like 5 people? 50? 100? (one can dream...:P)

DreamShake

Postby DreamShake » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:01 pm

I've also been wondering about ASD; did they give you any info on how much is reimbursed and if there's any low-cost housing available? I gotta book my flight soon...!

Also:
ejeric wrote:Based on previous years, does anyone know about how many students Boalt admits from the WL? I realize it varies year to year so it's hard to predict, but a rough estimate would help Is it like 5 people? 50? 100? (one can dream...:P)

It varies a lot by year. According to the TLS interview with Dean Tom, the most they've taken was 40. Not sure how old the interview is, though.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:39 am

DreamShake wrote:

I've also been wondering about ASD; did they give you any info on how much is reimbursed and if there's any low-cost housing available? I gotta book my flight soon...!

Also:
ejeric wrote:Based on previous years, does anyone know about how many students Boalt admits from the WL? I realize it varies year to year so it's hard to predict, but a rough estimate would help Is it like 5 people? 50? 100? (one can dream...:P)

It varies a lot by year. According to the TLS interview with Dean Tom, the most they've taken was 40. Not sure how old the interview is, though.

No, I didn't ask them about reimbursement or housing, though I should have. I don't know why, but I feel like I read much earlier that Boalt's reimbursement if you're coming from the East Coast is $300? Which is $20 more than I just paid for my flight, so not bad. But again, I have no idea where I read that or if I made it up. I basically only asked when I needed to be there, and they said the events start at 9 am on Friday the 8th. Our connection was bad so I didn't ask any follow ups.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:02 pm

No, I didn't ask them about reimbursement or housing, though I should have. I don't know why, but I feel like I read much earlier that Boalt's reimbursement if you're coming from the East Coast is $300? Which is $20 more than I just paid for my flight, so not bad. But again, I have no idea where I read that or if I made it up. I basically only asked when I needed to be there, and they said the events start at 9 am on Friday the 8th. Our connection was bad so I didn't ask any follow ups.

You hand in the itinerary at the ASW to receive a check 2-4 weeks after the event. $300 east coast. Housing is on you.

clone22

Postby clone22 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:

You hand in the itinerary at the ASW to receive a check 2-4 weeks after the event. $300 east coast. Housing is on you.

Correct, it's 300 if you're coming in from outside of california, 150 if you're coming from somewhere in california. On another thread a current boalt student said that often times students volunteer to put up visitors at their place, and we should be getting info on it sometime soon. That or us TSLers can just slum it together in a couple of hotel rooms if people are looking for cheap rooming :)

DreamShake

Postby DreamShake » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:43 pm

clone22 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Correct, it's 300 if you're coming in from outside of california, 150 if you're coming from somewhere in california. On another thread a current boalt student said that often times students volunteer to put up visitors at their place, and we should be getting info on it sometime soon. That or us TSLers can just slum it together in a couple of hotel rooms if people are looking for cheap rooming :)

Presented and accounted for!

Rotor

Postby Rotor » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:35 am

clone22 wrote:Correct, it's 300 if you're coming in from outside of california, 150 if you're coming from somewhere in california. On another thread a current boalt student said that often times students volunteer to put up visitors at their place, and we should be getting info on it sometime soon. That or us TSLers can just slum it together in a couple of hotel rooms if people are looking for cheap rooming :)

They just sent the email to current students to sign up to offer space to ASW attendees. I expect you'll be getting information about that shortly once the googledoc has been populated.

Sicsofs

Postby Sicsofs » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Ding Dong. I guess when you expect it, it does not sting as much. Good Luck to the rest of you.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Sicsofs wrote:Ding Dong. I guess when you expect it, it does not sting as much. Good Luck to the rest of you.

word. me too.

mikstew

Postby mikstew » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:52 pm

I'm out.

Their loss.

RedItalus10

Postby RedItalus10 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Ding

159/166/3.7...complete 11/29 -> decision March 1...it was a fun ride, never thought I had a real chance, til I survived the ding waves...gluck to all else!

tlslsnlsp

Postby tlslsnlsp » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:17 am

For those of you who got the faculty committee email saying we'd hear back on or near 3/11, what do you think the chances are we hear back earlier than that? Less than 2 weeks left... :shock:

WarioLaw

Postby WarioLaw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 am

I think the first group of CR started hearing back on either the Wednesday or Thursday before so I would imagine we will start hearing back either 03/09 or 03/10 and into 03/11. I am sure others have tracked this more closely and can correct me.

bilbobaggins

Postby bilbobaggins » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:26 pm

If you hear back early it'll likely only be a day or two.

sidhesadie

Postby sidhesadie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Dinged via email.

167/3.82 nontraditional.

marcellus

Postby marcellus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi all, I have a question which someone here might be able to help me with. I see a lot of posters who applied back in November 2010 in this thread who are just hearing results now. But I, and perhaps others lurking here, applied about 45 minutes before midnight on the Feb 1 deadline. When should very late applicants like me expect to hear from Berkeley Law?

kia_sportage

Postby kia_sportage » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:30 pm

marcellus wrote:Hi all, I have a question which someone here might be able to help me with. I see a lot of posters who applied back in November 2010 in this thread who are just hearing results now. But I, and perhaps others lurking here, applied about 45 minutes before midnight on the Feb 1 deadline. When should very late applicants like me expect to hear from Berkeley Law?

I applied on 1/27. UR 2/9. I expect my reject by March 11. Applied too late. All available seats are probably taken. Im not under committee review as yet and I am certainly not an auto-admit as I would have heard by now. Im considering withdrawing before they reject me and applying early in the next cycle.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:38 pm

kia_sportage wrote: All available seats are probably taken..

I think all of us in CR2 would be to differ

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Flips88 wrote:

I think all of us in CR2 would beg to differ

kia_sportage

Postby kia_sportage » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:32 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

I think all of us in CR2 would beg to differ

Yes you are right ....i meant to say All available seats are probably taken by applicants in CR. Good luck

srvyorgeneral

Postby srvyorgeneral » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:15 am

CR2s ready for the big week?

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:25 am

Anyone gotten a scholly offer yet?

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:32 am

tipler4213 wrote:Anyone gotten a scholly offer yet?

Yes. A dude that goes by Uncommon on here got a sweet scholly offer. He has a remarkable record and played his cards right. We're all hoping that his was just the first of great scholly offers :mrgreen: . Check the "In at Berkeley" thread on this site.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”