Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bigredforlaw
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby bigredforlaw » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:38 pm

kia_sportage wrote:Anyone here UR in the first two weeks of Feb?

I went UR on 2/09 and have had no change since then. I know this is a gigantic reach for me so...yeah.

User avatar
pixytree
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby pixytree » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:50 pm

expat17 wrote:WL here (CR1).

Can anyone who got in share the date that you need to respond to the acceptance by?

From what I understand, confirming that you accept requires no deposit, which may mean people on the waitlist will be active until the very last minute since there is no check to write, and people aren't really forced to make their decisions earlier ....

Thanks.


There's that and the fact that Boalt supposedly doesn't let people know about financial aid until well into April so it's hard for many to make a decision sooner.

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:59 pm

bigredforlaw wrote:
kia_sportage wrote:Anyone here UR in the first two weeks of Feb?

I went UR on 2/09 and have had no change since then. I know this is a gigantic reach for me so...yeah.


Yeah same for me, under review early February but no change.

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby bilbobaggins » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:49 pm

When you come to ASW and meet people just remember this:

About 1/3rd of the admitted students will end up enrolling, but 100% of the current students you meet ended up enrolling.

:)

User avatar
kia_sportage
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby kia_sportage » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:59 pm

ChriLa425 wrote:
bigredforlaw wrote:
kia_sportage wrote:Anyone here UR in the first two weeks of Feb?

I went UR on 2/09 and have had no change since then. I know this is a gigantic reach for me so...yeah.


Yeah same for me, under review early February but no change.



I went UR on the exact same date 2/9. Pls check in here if your status changes. We may not hear till Feb 25 or March 11 though. Good luck!

bbermud
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:35 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby bbermud » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 pm

kia_sportage wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:
bigredforlaw wrote:
kia_sportage wrote:Anyone here UR in the first two weeks of Feb?

I went UR on 2/09 and have had no change since then. I know this is a gigantic reach for me so...yeah.


Yeah same for me, under review early February but no change.



I went UR on the exact same date 2/9. Pls check in here if your status changes. We may not hear till Feb 25 or March 11 though. Good luck!



how long are files normally under review? its been a month already for me....

User avatar
pixytree
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby pixytree » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 pm

bbermud wrote:
kia_sportage wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:
bigredforlaw wrote:
I went UR on the exact same date 2/9. Pls check in here if your status changes. We may not hear till Feb 25 or March 11 though. Good luck!



how long are files normally under review? its been a month already for me....


not sure there's a "normal." i was under review for months before i got a decision. applied in October, got a decision a week ago.

User avatar
NorCalBruin
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby NorCalBruin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:33 pm

If you are following the Berkeley Not CR! thread, it appears no one on TLS got accepted from the not CR pile this late in the game and we should be getting dings tomorrow and friday. I mean, dare to dream.

CMON DEAM TOM DoNT MAKE US GIVE UP THE GHosT!

User avatar
kia_sportage
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby kia_sportage » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:14 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:If you are following the Berkeley Not CR! thread, it appears no one on TLS got accepted from the not CR pile this late in the game and we should be getting dings tomorrow and friday. I mean, dare to dream.

CMON DEAM TOM DoNT MAKE US GIVE UP THE GHosT!



Hope we dont get Tom'd tomorrow :(

User avatar
kia_sportage
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby kia_sportage » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:32 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:If you are following the Berkeley Not CR! thread, it appears no one on TLS got accepted from the not CR pile this late in the game and we should be getting dings tomorrow and friday. I mean, dare to dream.

CMON DEAM TOM DoNT MAKE US GIVE UP THE GHosT!


Gladiators... I salute you!

User avatar
kia_sportage
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby kia_sportage » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:08 pm

I think they are sending out decisions this evening. Two dings (or toms) reported.

See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=147644&start=100

jeep4lulu
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby jeep4lulu » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:27 pm

You are correct. Dinged this afternoon, via email. Did not go to CR. UR since early Jan...

aacharya
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:14 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby aacharya » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:41 pm

Has anyone been alerted to a change in their status via the status checker? I.e. before getting an email/call/whatever?

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:04 pm

jeep4lulu wrote:You are correct. Dinged this afternoon, via email. Did not go to CR. UR since early Jan...


:( So sorry.
aacharya wrote:Has anyone been alerted to a change in their status via the status checker? I.e. before getting an email/call/whatever?


My status checker changed at least a couple of minutes before I got my email (I was in CR1).

User avatar
kia_sportage
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby kia_sportage » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
jeep4lulu wrote:You are correct. Dinged this afternoon, via email. Did not go to CR. UR since early Jan...


:( So sorry.
aacharya wrote:Has anyone been alerted to a change in their status via the status checker? I.e. before getting an email/call/whatever?


My status checker changed at least a couple of minutes before I got my email (I was in CR1).


How do we even know if decisions will be out today 2/25? Just because they were out last year on 2/24. Hope this doesnt drag on till next week. :roll:

aacharya
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:14 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby aacharya » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:57 pm

kia_sportage wrote:How do we even know if decisions will be out today 2/25? Just because they were out last year on 2/24. Hope this doesnt drag on till next week. :roll:


Anyone else too nervous to get anything done today?

mikstew
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby mikstew » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:59 pm

aacharya wrote:
kia_sportage wrote:How do we even know if decisions will be out today 2/25? Just because they were out last year on 2/24. Hope this doesnt drag on till next week. :roll:


Anyone else too nervous to get anything done today?


No, because I already know I am not getting admitted.

sheD
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sheD » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:42 am

The more I think/learn about Berkeley the more I am convinced that it is the right choice for me....so excited about ASW!

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:56 am

sheD wrote:The more I think/learn about Berkeley the more I am convinced that it is the right choice for me....so excited about ASW!

:D

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:11 am

sheD wrote:The more I think/learn about Berkeley the more I am convinced that it is the right choice for me....so excited about ASW!


+1

fish52
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby fish52 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:31 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
sheD wrote:The more I think/learn about Berkeley the more I am convinced that it is the right choice for me....so excited about ASW!


+1

+2 (or is that incorrect forum parlance?!)

miracle2011
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby miracle2011 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:42 pm

Have any of the recent (CR1) admits received an email about how to get into the admitted student website? The initial email of acceptance said that their would be a second email, did anyone else get it?

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:53 pm

miracle2011 wrote:Have any of the recent (CR1) admits received an email about how to get into the admitted student website? The initial email of acceptance said that their would be a second email, did anyone else get it?


Nope, I haven't gotten it yet. :( I called them on Thursday and asked for info on the ASD so I could make my travel plans and mentioned that I hadn't gotten the email yet... but I was too awkward to ask them when it would come. My dad says that a huge package from them arrived yesterday (at my permanent address) so that's something!

miracle2011
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby miracle2011 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:55 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
miracle2011 wrote:Have any of the recent (CR1) admits received an email about how to get into the admitted student website? The initial email of acceptance said that their would be a second email, did anyone else get it?


Nope, I haven't gotten it yet. :( I called them on Thursday and asked for info on the ASD so I could make my travel plans and mentioned that I hadn't gotten the email yet... but I was too awkward to ask them when it would come. My dad says that a huge package from them arrived yesterday (at my permanent address) so that's something!


Yeah I got the package today as well, however there was no information about how to log in, I guess we have to wait until Monday?

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:58 pm

miracle2011 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
miracle2011 wrote:Have any of the recent (CR1) admits received an email about how to get into the admitted student website? The initial email of acceptance said that their would be a second email, did anyone else get it?


Nope, I haven't gotten it yet. :( I called them on Thursday and asked for info on the ASD so I could make my travel plans and mentioned that I hadn't gotten the email yet... but I was too awkward to ask them when it would come. My dad says that a huge package from them arrived yesterday (at my permanent address) so that's something!


Yeah I got the package today as well, however there was no information about how to log in, I guess we have to wait until Monday?


Hopefully Monday! Is the package cool?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”