Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lakerfanimal

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby lakerfanimal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:03 pm

Not in but just wanted to say congrats to all of you that got in today, that's awesome!

kelesands

Postby kelesands » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Flips88 wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:Also:

Didn't get a call last year, got an email. So you might not get called.

It will probably be a steady flow over the next two days.

*resists menstruation joke*

AND

TurtlesAllTheWayDown wrote:I don't know why I am sitting here waiting for a sign of life. Were I to be accepted, it wouldn't be until the last possible day and it would go something like, "Congratulations, you're in. Now shut the door behind you because you are the last one to get in."

HILARIOUS
made me stupid laugh inside my very quiet office filled with very quiet people...

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:19 pm

No call today but that's okay!!

vi_vi

Postby vi_vi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi, could someone clarify what CR1 and CR2 mean?

I first got the "In review email", then got the "administrative review" email this week. Is the first one CR1 and the second CR2? Sorry, I'm just a tad confused by the lingo used on these boards. Also, those lucky ducks who got the call today from the Dean, did you go under Admin. Review or just go from "In review" to "accepted"?

Thanks, sorry if this has been repeated ad nauseum, sometimes it gets a little overwhelming digging through all the posts looking for answers.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:32 pm

vi_vi wrote:Hi, could someone clarify what CR1 and CR2 mean?

I first got the "In review email", then got the "administrative review" email this week. Is the first one CR1 and the second CR2? Sorry, I'm just a tad confused by the lingo used on these boards. Also, those lucky ducks who got the call today from the Dean, did you go under Admin. Review or just go from "In review" to "accepted"?

Thanks, sorry if this has been repeated ad nauseum, sometimes it gets a little overwhelming digging through all the posts looking for answers.

Hey vivi - So, you are in CR2. But you were never in CR1. Everyone first goes under review, and those who submitted and went under review earlier in the cycle were sent to administrative review in late January, in the first batch - CR1. Those who submitted and went under review later were sent to administrative review this week - that's CR2 (it just means the second batch, so it generally only indicates when you submitted, I think). Those who got admitted today had been in CR1.

Good luck!

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:

Hey vivi - So, you are in CR2. But you were never in CR1. Everyone first goes under review, and those who submitted and went under review earlier in the cycle were sent to administrative review in late January, in the first batch - CR1. Those who submitted and went under review later were sent to administrative review this week - that's CR2 (it just means the second batch, so it generally only indicates when you submitted, I think). Those who got admitted today had been in CR1.

Good luck!

This post is hugely accurate. However, if you make it to CR1 or CR2, you have already passed the administrative review step (which is Dean Tom and a few associates), which means you are neither auto-deny nor auto-accept.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:54 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

Good luck!

This post is hugely accurate. However, if you make it to CR1 or CR2, you have already passed the administrative review step (which is Dean Tom and a few associates), which means you are neither auto-deny nor auto-accept.

You are too kind to my blantant misinformation. Thank you for the correction!

dj666

Postby dj666 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:55 pm

In via phone call at 4:27pm PST!!!!!

My phone didn't even ring. Got the voice mail just now. My pants are officially crapped. I'm off to celebrate.

Good luck to everyone! I will be watching this thread like a hawk for the next couple days.

vi_vi

Postby vi_vi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:59 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks! That helps a ton :) Good luck to everyone, and congrats to all the admits!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:02 pm

dj666 wrote:In via phone call at 4:27pm PST!!!!!

My phone didn't even ring. Got the voice mail just now. My pants are officially crapped. I'm off to celebrate.

Good luck to everyone! I will be watching this thread like a hawk for the next couple days.

Congrats! Does this change your plans a bit?

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Awesome!!! :)

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Not a problem. I feel like people go on the attack a bit too often here on TLS. :)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

Not a problem. I feel like people go on the attack a bit too often here on TLS. :)

Sensitive times ... people are cranky.

santisuk

Postby santisuk » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:05 pm

INNNNNNNN!!!!!! Missed the call (NEVER thought I would get one), went to voice mail at 7 p.m. (I'm in Los Angeles).
You guys, I should NOT have been admitted! 163/3.66 and as white as they come (direct descendant of the Mayflower). Strong softs (worked abroad with a nonprofit for 5 years), probably strong LORs, but WHAT THE HELL!!!!!
Still trying to stop shaking. Made it into my dream school. Thank you for taking a chance on me Berkeley!!

askyemcdonald

Postby askyemcdonald » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 pm

santisuk wrote:INNNNNNNN!!!!!! Missed the call (NEVER thought I would get one), went to voice mail at 7 p.m. (I'm in Los Angeles).
You guys, I should NOT have been admitted! 163/3.66 and as white as they come (direct descendant of the Mayflower). Strong softs (worked abroad with a nonprofit for 5 years), probably strong LORs, but WHAT THE HELL!!!!!
Still trying to stop shaking. Made it into my dream school. Thank you for taking a chance on me Berkeley!!

Congrats!

vi_vi

Postby vi_vi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 pm

santisuk wrote:INNNNNNNN!!!!!! Missed the call (NEVER thought I would get one), went to voice mail at 7 p.m. (I'm in Los Angeles).

Amazing!! Congrats :)

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:11 pm

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 pm

What's the area code of the admit call, guys? I keep getting bombarded with random 1L and 2Ls fielding questions.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 pm

Yay for holistic admission process! Congrats!

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:15 pm

neonx wrote:What's the area code of the admit call, guys? I keep getting bombarded with random 1L and 2Ls fielding questions.

510 is the east bay. DAMN YOU PHONE WHY DON'T YOU RING?

timmna

Postby timmna » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:21 pm

In via phone call a couple hours ago! Very happy! Best of luck to my fellow CR people tomorrow!

dj666

Postby dj666 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:21 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Congrats! Does this change your plans a bit?

Thanks! I never dared say it out loud before today, but Berkeley has been my top choice all along. It's just too fickle a beast to hang one's hopes on. I'm so there.

dj666

Postby dj666 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Congrats!

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Congrats to all those who were accepted today!

dj666

Postby dj666 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 pm

timmna wrote:In via phone call a couple hours ago! Very happy! Best of luck to my fellow CR people tomorrow!

Congrats!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”