Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby askyemcdonald » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Should we be afraid of our email again today? Yesterday was brutal.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby suspicious android » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:14 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Should we be afraid of our email again today? Yesterday was brutal.


Not if you've got a magic cloak of CR, grants invulnerability for 5 more days.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Has anyone with a late initial UR date gotten the ding or gone under CR? I'm still sitting at 1/25.

Just trying to figure out when I should expect to be dinged...

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby somewhere » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:23 pm

aaaaaah wrote:Has anyone with a late initial UR date gotten the ding or gone under CR? I'm still sitting at 1/25.

Just trying to figure out when I should expect to be dinged...


Not sure how late you consider late, but I got the ding yesterday from initial UR date of 1/10.

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby askyemcdonald » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:28 pm

suspicious android wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:Should we be afraid of our email again today? Yesterday was brutal.


Not if you've got a magic cloak of CR, grants invulnerability for 5 more days.


Nope :oops:

User avatar
twelda
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby twelda » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Have any of you sent any additional info to Berkeley? I know they discourage LsOCI etc but I have a pretty fantastic potential extra LOR...would that be a terrible idea?

User avatar
chritabug
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby chritabug » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:06 pm

aaaaaah wrote:Has anyone with a late initial UR date gotten the ding or gone under CR? I'm still sitting at 1/25.

Just trying to figure out when I should expect to be dinged...


I'm UR 1/13 and haven't heard anything. But I'm pretty ok with the crickets considering the bloodbath on LSN yesterday...

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:11 pm

somewhere wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Has anyone with a late initial UR date gotten the ding or gone under CR? I'm still sitting at 1/25.

Just trying to figure out when I should expect to be dinged...


Not sure how late you consider late, but I got the ding yesterday from initial UR date of 1/10.


Yeah, I saw that... sorry :(

Thanks for the info, though.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sanguar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:12 pm

UR 12/20. No CR, no nothing. Just twiddling my thumbs.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby aaaaaah » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:13 pm

chritabug wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Has anyone with a late initial UR date gotten the ding or gone under CR? I'm still sitting at 1/25.

Just trying to figure out when I should expect to be dinged...


I'm UR 1/13 and haven't heard anything. But I'm pretty ok with the crickets considering the bloodbath on LSN yesterday...


Agreed, for sure.

Thanks for the update. I don't remember seeing anyone post 1/10. Wondering when later applicants will start being selected for CR, though I guess I've only been waiting for a couple of weeks.

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sgtgrumbles » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:14 pm

twelda wrote:Have any of you sent any additional info to Berkeley? I know they discourage LsOCI etc but I have a pretty fantastic potential extra LOR...would that be a terrible idea?

I sent a LOCI. I was told very clearly on the phone that it wasn't necessary, but I sent my generic PS and thought they could use something more tailored to them. They were one of the two schools that didn't waive my app fee, so I'm getting the most out of that money.

WarioLaw
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WarioLaw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:15 pm

sanguar wrote:UR 12/20. No CR, no nothing. Just twiddling my thumbs.


+1

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sanguar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Ha @ Wario. We really are in this together at a lot of places! (Though if I recall your #'s are a bit better than mine)

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby whitman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:16 pm

UR 12/6. Nothing.

User avatar
chritabug
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby chritabug » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:18 pm

aaaaaah wrote:
chritabug wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Has anyone with a late initial UR date gotten the ding or gone under CR? I'm still sitting at 1/25.

Just trying to figure out when I should expect to be dinged...


I'm UR 1/13 and haven't heard anything. But I'm pretty ok with the crickets considering the bloodbath on LSN yesterday...


Agreed, for sure.

Thanks for the update. I don't remember seeing anyone post 1/10. Wondering when later applicants will start being selected for CR, though I guess I've only been waiting for a couple of weeks.

IIRC, last year people got put through to CR2 on or around the same day as people from CR1 got decisions, so I would guess we might hear next Friday or so?

User avatar
NorCalBruin
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby NorCalBruin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Ok, so we know there was a second CR last year. So there will probably be a second one again this year.

But let me see if I've got this right: the people who are getting dinged right now (that weren't CR) are getting personally rejected by the Dean... right? So the Dean is still personally reviewing files, so there's still a chance you could be accepted without going to the 2nd CR (or more likely rejected)?

WarioLaw
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WarioLaw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:21 pm

sanguar wrote:Ha @ Wario. We really are in this together at a lot of places! (Though if I recall your #'s are a bit better than mine)


Our stats are nearly identical, but I have a few points higher on the LSAT is a 173 (retake). This may be somewhat tempered by the fact that my first two scores were a 160 and 161, which looks a bit odd. I also am 5-9 years out of undergrad (as you seem to be). It has been interesting to see how this cycle has played out for nontraditionals. Some schools seem to love us, some not so much (looking at you, UVA).

User avatar
chritabug
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby chritabug » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:32 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:Ok, so we know there was a second CR last year. So there will probably be a second one again this year.

But let me see if I've got this right: the people who are getting dinged right now (that weren't CR) are getting personally rejected by the Dean... right? So the Dean is still personally reviewing files, so there's still a chance you could be accepted without going to the 2nd CR (or more likely rejected)?

I think it's reasonable to assume there will be a CR2. And it seems like everyone who got a decision recently was a result of the Dean's personal review. I think there's still a (very small) chance of being accepted by the Dean. But if you haven't been accepted by next Friday and don't get through to CR2, it's probably bad news.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13634
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Flips88 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Anyone think there will be one last round of acceptances today before CR1 decisions come back next friday? I'm just happy to have survived the bloodbath yesterday

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby askyemcdonald » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Flips88 wrote:Anyone think there will be one last round of acceptances today before CR1 decisions come back next friday? I'm just happy to have survived the bloodbath yesterday


+1

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby jrose5 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:40 pm

I think those of us rejected yesterday were mostly Jan applicants, so I wouldn't worry too much if you applied earlier and have the #s. If you look at past LSN data, Berkeley has not been very merciful towards late applicants... not at all.

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby chasgoose » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:43 pm

UR 1/10 survived the bloodbath yesterday. Hope that's a good sign. I'm a splitter which we all know Berkeley hates and a late applicant, but I'm still in there and holding out some hope...

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby askyemcdonald » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:53 pm

UR 1/10 but applied 11/25...does that count for something?!

ppch
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby ppch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Still UR from 12/27/10. I guess there's a good chance of movement in some direction next week!

Edit: Oh, and I applied 12/22 (whoops--needed that extra month to get my PS onto the 4th page :oops: ).

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby askyemcdonald » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Yea...nothing much today...but I guess after yesterday my heart couldn't take it anyway.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, Baidu [Spider], bleakchimera2, Chipotle85, eastring, glockov, Kaziende, lawschool2016nyc, lg77, longsh0305, mav1993, mm2368, mse2020, potterotter, ValeVale, VapidP, whodareswins, yyymmm and 41 guests