Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:
It's 510 and I am not sure if they are still calling.


I may or may not have done a google search to find their area code... :D

And...I really want to get into a school that calls. It just makes it all so much more impressive.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:07 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
It's 510 and I am not sure if they are still calling.


I may or may not have done a google search to find their area code... :D

And...I really want to get into a school that calls. It just makes it all so much more impressive.


You have not? 4 out of 5 were calls for me. It is better than getting PDF's at an email that you haven't used for school things for more than a year/not on the application because they didn't bother to update their system.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
It's 510 and I am not sure if they are still calling.


I may or may not have done a google search to find their area code... :D

And...I really want to get into a school that calls. It just makes it all so much more impressive.


You have not? 4 out of 5 were calls for me. It is better than getting PDF's at an email that you haven't used for school things for more than a year/not on the application because they didn't bother to update their system.


Nope. I got three snail mails (one of them was DLS by status checker, but still snail mail) and two emails. No calls for me. :(

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby juliachild-ish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:47 pm

I didn't get a phone call when I got in to Berkeley a couple weeks ago...just the status checker, then email, then packet in the mail. I also really really want to get in to a school that calls! So much more exciting...

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby champsound » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:49 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:I didn't get a phone call when I got in to Berkeley a couple weeks ago...just the status checker, then email, then packet in the mail. I also really really want to get in to a school that calls! So much more exciting...


I got a call from Michigan State yesterday. They wanted me to submit an application and said I got a fee waiver. LSAC Candidate Referral Service taken too far.

UCLA calls you, it's pretty cool. The dean of admissions is nice.

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:51 pm

champsound wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:I didn't get a phone call when I got in to Berkeley a couple weeks ago...just the status checker, then email, then packet in the mail. I also really really want to get in to a school that calls! So much more exciting...


I got a call from Michigan State yesterday. They wanted me to submit an application and said I got a fee waiver. LSAC Candidate Referral Service taken too far.

UCLA calls you, it's pretty cool. The dean of admissions is nice.


woah that is too far. law schools are becoming telemarketers

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:07 pm

champsound wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:I didn't get a phone call when I got in to Berkeley a couple weeks ago...just the status checker, then email, then packet in the mail. I also really really want to get in to a school that calls! So much more exciting...


I got a call from Michigan State yesterday. They wanted me to submit an application and said I got a fee waiver. LSAC Candidate Referral Service taken too far.

UCLA calls you, it's pretty cool. The dean of admissions is nice.


He's super nice! But has a predilection for awkwardly timed calls. He rang me at like 8am really early in the cycle, and I spent most of the call stammering, confused, and wondering if it was all some big prank.

EDIT: Dean Tom, feel free to call me anytime.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:09 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:I didn't get a phone call when I got in to Berkeley a couple weeks ago...just the status checker, then email, then packet in the mail. I also really really want to get in to a school that calls! So much more exciting...


no call for me either. Alabama called but I was out of states and they left a message.

amkid100
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby amkid100 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:34 pm

champsound wrote:
amkid100 wrote:Just got a call from a Google recruiter, 650. I'm an east-coaster so seeing that number flash up was a near-death experience.


Berkeley is 510-643-whatever or 510-642-whatever.


haha - this is why i'm kidding myself by applying to berkeley. i'll be honest, i have no conception of california geography whatsoever. i think berkeley is up north, but no idea.

edit: used "honest" two times in one sentence. whic, ironically is what berk said in reply to that kid's email a couple posts up haha

User avatar
PomasThynchon
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby PomasThynchon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Anyone else been in review for a month? They sure are taking their time with a "weak consider". Ahh

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:29 pm

amkid100 wrote:
haha - this is why i'm kidding myself by applying to berkeley. i'll be honest, i have no conception of california geography whatsoever. i think berkeley is up north, but no idea.

edit: used "honest" two times in one sentence. whic, ironically is what berk said in reply to that kid's email a couple posts up haha


What kind of job from Google BTW? If someone calls me and offer a position in South Bay I would actually listen to it. My resume is being hit hard by Orange County right now lol

User avatar
JennBNYC
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby JennBNYC » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Just got the ding email...

Edit to add: 3.99, 162
Last edited by JennBNYC on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eecs
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:33 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby eecs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Just got dinged via e-mail.

Not unexpected for a splitter (3.2/177). Submitted 11/19.

User avatar
bananaboat29
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby bananaboat29 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Ding dong. Just got the email. Not a surprise given my GPA. Better luck to everyone else!

User avatar
DuxBellorum
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby DuxBellorum » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Dinged at 1:20
169 3.8
I have a feeling more decisions are going to start rolling in here...

W/e UCLA here I come?

User avatar
JennBNYC
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby JennBNYC » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:27 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:Anyone else been in review for a month? They sure are taking their time with a "weak consider". Ahh

I was in review for almost 4 months, haha. One is NOTHING. Just got dinged though :-X.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sanguar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Were you guys under CR?

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby glitched » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 pm

My condolences to you all! :(

But without sounding insensitive, were you in the CR batch?

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby JTMan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:29 pm

DuxBellorum wrote:Dinged at 1:20
169 3.8
I have a feeling more decisions are going to start rolling in here...

W/e UCLA here I come?



Were you Under Committee Review?

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sanguar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:30 pm

PomasThynchon wrote:Anyone else been in review for a month? They sure are taking their time with a "weak consider". Ahh


Been UR since 12/20. Submitted 12/17. Seems like it's not that unusual though.

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby minuit » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:30 pm

just got dinged and was never under CR.

User avatar
DuxBellorum
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby DuxBellorum » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:33 pm

not under CR you insensitive pr... just kidding, no hard feelings. :-)

User avatar
Trustbuster
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Trustbuster » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:35 pm

DING DING DING

167
3.85
URM (MA)

User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby helloperson » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Dux when did you apply?

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby jrose5 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Sorry to hear about the dings. If it helps, I might be joining you in all time. Median GPA/75th percentile LSAT, but late applicant (submitted 1/08, UR 1/10), and I hear they frown upon that (thanks a lot, Dec. LSAT).

Was wondering... did anyone who heard back today submitted around the same time as me? Looks like some were fall applicants.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests