Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mcdonrb
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:32 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby mcdonrb » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:26 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
pixytree wrote:
BlueDevil2007 wrote:
RTFM wrote:I've been UR since 10/26. My status checker date hasn't changed. Should I be glad that I haven't been dinged? I'm assuming I'm going to committee review at the very best.


I was wondering the same thing. I went UR 10/18. I am slightly below 25%.


+1 UR 10/18. every day i don't get a ding email is another day I'm still in the running.


+ 2 10/18... hoping to go to committee review!


+3 10/18. Glad there are other people who have been UR for that long...I thought my internets were broken.

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby pulandasu » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:08 am

mcdonrb wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:
pixytree wrote:
BlueDevil2007 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I went UR 10/18. I am slightly below 25%.


+1 UR 10/18. every day i don't get a ding email is another day I'm still in the running.


+ 2 10/18... hoping to go to committee review!


+3 10/18. Glad there are other people who have been UR for that long...I thought my internets were broken.


+4 10/18. I guess we're committee review bound.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:10 am

There have been dings right? Then if you guys are still standing, it's a decent sign that you will be further reviewed. That was my date, so they must have completed initial review for all of you 10/18ers.

Good luck to yall!

User avatar
broker02
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby broker02 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:47 am

UR 11/8 - wonder if I've been through initial review yet or not.

User avatar
alphamoose
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby alphamoose » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:00 pm

broker02 wrote:UR 11/8 - wonder if I've been through initial review yet or not.


UR 11/8, I'm right here with you! And I think we must have been reviewed since applicants after us have already been accepted/dinged. that means we at least survived? :?

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby timmna » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:15 pm

alphamoose wrote:
broker02 wrote:UR 11/8 - wonder if I've been through initial review yet or not.


UR 11/8, I'm right here with you! And I think we must have been reviewed since applicants after us have already been accepted/dinged. that means we at least survived? :?


I'm 11/8 as well. If I know anything about 11/8ers--and I do--it's that we're fighters.

Oracl3
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Oracl3 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:07 pm

sent 12/17, ur 12/27, accepted by email 1/24

User avatar
camelcrema
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby camelcrema » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:12 pm

Oracl3 wrote:sent 12/17, ur 12/27, accepted by email 1/24



Congrats! When did your status checker change?

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby bhan87 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Sent: 1/11
Received: 1/12
Complete / UR: 1/21
Accepted!!!: 1/24 (via e-mail)

Good luck to everyone else that's crossing their fingers for Boalt!

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby src42 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Have any of you guys that submitted in October/November and haven't heard anything thought about sending an LOCI? Any idea how Berkeley feels about those before WL's go out?

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:21 pm

src42 wrote:Have any of you guys that submitted in October/November and haven't heard anything thought about sending an LOCI? Any idea how Berkeley feels about those before WL's go out?


I sent one, and an additional LOR which is now showing under my Recommender's section in status check. Have no idea how they feel about it, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby src42 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:23 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
src42 wrote:Have any of you guys that submitted in October/November and haven't heard anything thought about sending an LOCI? Any idea how Berkeley feels about those before WL's go out?


I sent one, and an additional LOR which is now showing under my Recommender's section in status check. Have no idea how they feel about it, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Yeah, you're probably right. Thanks.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:41 pm

pulandasu wrote:
mcdonrb wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:
pixytree wrote:
+1 UR 10/18. every day i don't get a ding email is another day I'm still in the running.


+ 2 10/18... hoping to go to committee review!


+3 10/18. Glad there are other people who have been UR for that long...I thought my internets were broken.


+4 10/18. I guess we're committee review bound.

+5 10/18 :\

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby shoop » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Just got in by email... submitted 12/25, complete 12/27, under review the entire time between then and now with no changes to status checker. Used the same 2-page PS I used everywhere else. 3.9/170. I'm at work and totally said "Holy shit!" too loudly when I opened the email.

It's funny because I've known since Friday that NYU has made a decision about me, but I have to wait to get their letter to know what it is, and in the meantime, two other schools have let me in via email.

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby aesis » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:50 pm

IN!!!
via emailllllllllllllll 10:04am WEST COAST

submitted 12/1, Dec. LSAT retake, complete 1/7, UR 1/10, admitted 1/24

PM FOR STATS
i'm going crazy

Top14Hope
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Top14Hope » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Congrats you two!

UR since 11/1 still. Anyone else 11/1?

Berkeley I <3 u!

User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby gov » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Top14Hope wrote:Congrats you two!

UR since 11/1 still. Anyone else 11/1?

Berkeley I <3 u!

Me!

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby silly101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:53 pm

aesis wrote:IN!!!
via emailllllllllllllll 10:04am WEST COAST

submitted 12/1, Dec. LSAT retake, complete 1/7, UR 1/10, admitted 1/24

PM FOR STATS
i'm going crazy


CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
SMA22
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby SMA22 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Congrats to you both!!!

User avatar
SMA22
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby SMA22 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:55 pm

I submitted 12/27, in review since 1/7; LSAT 171, UGPA much lower, 3.1. URM, hoping I get lucky--Berkeley is my top choice.

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby champsound » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Also in by email just now. Submitted 1/12, Complete 1/13, Under Review 1/21.

Went to Berkeley for undergrad so maybe that explains the fast turnaround. I finished very jaded and sick of the school and the city in general, so this is going to be a hard decision whether to go back there or take my talents to south beach.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby neonx » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 pm

aesis wrote:IN!!!
via emailllllllllllllll 10:04am WEST COAST

submitted 12/1, Dec. LSAT retake, complete 1/7, UR 1/10, admitted 1/24

PM FOR STATS
i'm going crazy



CONGRATS! So exciting.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:58 pm

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby timmna » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Congrats, everyone. Great to see positive movement on this thread.

User avatar
WonkyPanda
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WonkyPanda » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 pm

HOLY FUCKING CRAP, I JUST GOT THE EMAIL! HOW DID MY DUMB ASS GET IN!?!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”