Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
clevermoose
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby clevermoose » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm

williams55 wrote:congrats to those who heard today! glad to know they didn't just forget about us all (or some of us at least). UR 11/8 and losing hope...

I am also UR 11/8. Has the committe review begun yet? I'm holding out for Berkeley. It has always been my dream school. I declined their UG offer of admission and planned on attending later for law school, so I'm not giving up hope! yet

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby timmna » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:24 pm

clevermoose wrote:
williams55 wrote:congrats to those who heard today! glad to know they didn't just forget about us all (or some of us at least). UR 11/8 and losing hope...

I am also UR 11/8. Has the committe review begun yet? I'm holding out for Berkeley. It has always been my dream school. I declined their UG offer of admission and planned on attending later for law school, so I'm not giving up hope! yet


I'm another UR 11/8. Hopefully there's still more to come.

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Z3RO wrote:Congrats to all getting in. Still stuck at UR 10/18...


ME TOO!!!!

djeter2
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby djeter2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:51 pm

In via status checker today, psyched out of my mind! Thought I was doomed because I applied on 12/28.

User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby bilbobaggins » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:20 pm

djeter2 wrote:In via status checker today, psyched out of my mind! Thought I was doomed because I applied on 12/28.


Dude. You had a 4.0 and a 170. You never should have stressed. Congrats!

williams55
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby williams55 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:25 pm

clevermoose wrote:I'm holding out for Berkeley. It has always been my dream school. I declined their UG offer of admission and planned on attending later for law school, so I'm not giving up hope! yet


Same. tomorrow is another day, right?

Casey2889
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Casey2889 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:13 am

in via status checker!

fwiw: 3.98 ivy/172

edit: didnt realize the status checker news was already out there. shoulda known with TLSrs haha....

hjag
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby hjag » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:47 am

Applied 01/08, went complete 1/10. I wonder if it's premature to be worrying already. :(

GPA is 50th percentile, LSAT is 75th percentile.

Though, since Berkeley is a very holistic school, I'm not sure having what would be ostensibly decent numbers for them should make me feel a little better. I spent a lot of time on my PS and should have really good recommenders though, including one from a prof I worked 12 hrs/wk for 1+ year.

Best of luck to you all waiting! I can attest to how difficult it is (it's been less than 2 weeks for me, for heaven's sake).

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:24 am

bilbobaggins wrote:
djeter2 wrote:In via status checker today, psyched out of my mind! Thought I was doomed because I applied on 12/28.


Dude. You had a 4.0 and a 170. You never should have stressed. Congrats!



Yeah I don't have a good feeling about anything now. I been under review since 12/20 looks like WL for me :(.

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Weirdlog » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 am

I got in yesterday, too--just realized this morning when I checked status checker.

174/3.9, UR 11/17

Looks like they took their time with me, but very happy to be admitted!

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby minuit » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 am

congrats to all those admitted!! do you think that berkeley is trying to raise its LSAT median this year? a lot of 170+ scores reporting... or do most of the lower numbers get admitted through faculty review?

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:59 am

minuit wrote:congrats to all those admitted!! do you think that berkeley is trying to raise its LSAT median this year? a lot of 170+ scores reporting... or do most of the lower numbers get admitted through faculty review?


Lower than both medians here, and I was admitted within a month of going complete.

Nice coastal live oak in your tar. I used to walk by that tree everyday.

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby minuit » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:07 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
minuit wrote:congrats to all those admitted!! do you think that berkeley is trying to raise its LSAT median this year? a lot of 170+ scores reporting... or do most of the lower numbers get admitted through faculty review?


Lower than both medians here, and I was admitted within a month of going complete.

Nice coastal live oak in your tar. I used to walk by that tree everyday.


that's why i said most :)

<3 live oaks

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby juliachild-ish » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:30 am

First post on TLS, long time lurker!!!

Just got in via status checker, my first acceptance this cycle! I submitted 01/07, was UR 01/10, and was apparently admitted yesterday. That was fast!

174 (retake)/3.8x.

Woooo!!

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby src42 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:38 am

Congrats to the new admits! Did any of you guys get acceptance emails last night?

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby c_dubya_s » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:38 am

src42 wrote:Congrats to the new admits! Did any of you guys get acceptance emails last night?


Nope...I was actually wondering about that. Any idea how long it takes them to show up?

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby src42 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:45 am

c_dubya_s wrote:
src42 wrote:Congrats to the new admits! Did any of you guys get acceptance emails last night?


Nope...I was actually wondering about that. Any idea how long it takes them to show up?

I'd imagine soon. Maybe they're making more decisions today and they'll send all the emails out tonight?

At least, I hope.

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby timmna » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:45 am

src42 wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:
src42 wrote:Congrats to the new admits! Did any of you guys get acceptance emails last night?


Nope...I was actually wondering about that. Any idea how long it takes them to show up?

I'd imagine soon. Maybe they're making more decisions today and they'll send all the emails out tonight?

At least, I hope.


+1 for hope.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:46 am

I hope they make more decisions today.

Well, at least one more decision :wink:

hjag
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby hjag » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:44 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
minuit wrote:congrats to all those admitted!! do you think that berkeley is trying to raise its LSAT median this year? a lot of 170+ scores reporting... or do most of the lower numbers get admitted through faculty review?


Lower than both medians here, and I was admitted within a month of going complete.

Nice coastal live oak in your tar. I used to walk by that tree everyday.


Makes me feel hopeful. You probably had an amazing PS and great softs, though. Congrats!

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby rbarcelo9 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:12 pm

IN VIA STATUS CHECKER!!!! I cannot believe it!!!

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:14 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:IN VIA STATUS CHECKER!!!! I cannot believe it!!!



Great job what date were you UR? I just want this to be over Berkeley please make a decision.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:I hope they make more decisions today.

Well, at least one more decision :wink:


+1

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:16 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote: I just want this to be over Berkeley please make a decision.

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby rbarcelo9 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:17 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:IN VIA STATUS CHECKER!!!! I cannot believe it!!!



Great job what date were you UR? I just want this to be over Berkeley please make a decision.

12/15 I think. Not really sure, I never really paid attention. Berkeley was a reach for me!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry4bfast, cyclawps, Dcc617, erinkh, galeatus, ginawwhan, henryyou, laqueredup, Lawl_Schoolz and 32 guests