Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LawLucy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:20 pm

treeborn wrote:Applied 11/4, went complete and got status checker on 11/8, under review 11/9.

Quick turn around time!



+1

Status just flicked to under review today
this is exhausting.
I am surprised I have hair or fingernails left
I see a beach and a foofy drink with a monkey hanging off the rim in my future.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:38 pm

I've been under review for a while now. I don't know if that's good or bad. They need more descriptive processes. Or something like that online Pizza Hut checker. "Your application is being looked at by the AdCom on November 11th" or something. "Under Review" could mean it's sitting on a stack of 650 other apps for a given week, or whatever...

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LawLucy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I've been under review for a while now. I don't know if that's good or bad. They need more descriptive processes. Or something like that online Pizza Hut checker. "Your application is being looked at by the AdCom on November 11th" or something. "Under Review" could mean it's sitting on a stack of 650 other apps for a given week, or whatever...



agree
I noticed someone who went to review on 10/13 just got a call last week. So me thinks we are probably 3-4 weeks out from getting out of the stack.

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby tea_drinker » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:22 pm

LawLucy wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I've been under review for a while now. I don't know if that's good or bad. They need more descriptive processes. Or something like that online Pizza Hut checker. "Your application is being looked at by the AdCom on November 11th" or something. "Under Review" could mean it's sitting on a stack of 650 other apps for a given week, or whatever...



agree
I noticed someone who went to review on 10/13 just got a call last week. So me thinks we are probably 3-4 weeks out from getting out of the stack.


An acceptance call? Is that someone on TLS?

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby cigrainger » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:32 pm

tbldc2009 wrote:
LawLucy wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I've been under review for a while now. I don't know if that's good or bad. They need more descriptive processes. Or something like that online Pizza Hut checker. "Your application is being looked at by the AdCom on November 11th" or something. "Under Review" could mean it's sitting on a stack of 650 other apps for a given week, or whatever...



agree
I noticed someone who went to review on 10/13 just got a call last week. So me thinks we are probably 3-4 weeks out from getting out of the stack.


An acceptance call? Is that someone on TLS?

:shock:

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LawLucy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:49 am

tbldc2009 wrote:
LawLucy wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I've been under review for a while now. I don't know if that's good or bad. They need more descriptive processes. Or something like that online Pizza Hut checker. "Your application is being looked at by the AdCom on November 11th" or something. "Under Review" could mean it's sitting on a stack of 650 other apps for a given week, or whatever...



agree
I noticed someone who went to review on 10/13 just got a call last week. So me thinks we are probably 3-4 weeks out from getting out of the stack.


An acceptance call? Is that someone on TLS?



I just went back and reread the thread. It was actually Aggiegrad typing 'accepted' versus 'submitted' at midnight. Sorry for getting anyone riled up. :oops:

there HAS to be some kind of movement next week looking at the stats

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:42 pm

I've been under review since 11/1 according to my status checker, but I just got an email from Boalt saying I am under review and that their process is thorough and holistic. I basically have 0 chance of admission, so I honestly thought it was a rejection email when I saw it lol.

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Just got an under review e-mail even though my status checker has said under review for a few days

edit: it's like they are trying to give me a heart attack

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Fresh » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Got the under review email, but it has said under review since 11/1

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby MissLucky » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:51 pm

lol same as all of ya

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:58 pm

who knows, maybe it means they will send us decisions soon?

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:59 pm

How nice would it be to start off the cycle with a berkeley acceptance e-mail?

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:59 pm

tipler4213 wrote:How nice would it be to start off the cycle with a berkeley acceptance e-mail?

I think you have to wait in line for all the people who submitted sept and earl oct.

User avatar
paisaaa
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby paisaaa » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:01 pm

These five pages just make me want to cry.

http://berkeley.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... =4&type=jd

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby gymboree » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:31 pm

just look at how late they all applied - the big numbers were all rejected after applying in Jan-Feb-Mar.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Sentry » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:32 pm

UR but I don't have much of a chance. Not really interested in Berkeley either.

aimee
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby aimee » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:09 pm

My due date is the beginning of 2011. Honestly I hope the decision will come before that. I can not check my office email during my maternity leave. Well, I guess I have to ask the schools to change my email address before I go to hospital.

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LawLucy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:14 pm

tipler4213 wrote:Just got an under review e-mail even though my status checker has said under review for a few days

edit: it's like they are trying to give me a heart attack



+1

User avatar
lisavj
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby lisavj » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Just submitted - applying to Berkeley and Hastings (husband has a good job in the East Bay). It's a stretch, just hoping I didn't do something to shoot myself in the foot :shock:

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 am

LawLucy wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:Just got an under review e-mail even though my status checker has said under review for a few days

edit: it's like they are trying to give me a heart attack



+1


No kidding... Maybe that's how Boalt weeds its applicants out - Myocardial infarction.

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby AreJay711 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:18 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
LawLucy wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:Just got an under review e-mail even though my status checker has said under review for a few days

edit: it's like they are trying to give me a heart attack



+1


No kidding... Maybe that's how Boalt weeds its applicants out - Myocardial infarction.


I've just kind of taken the "I'll see where it goes" attitude. As happy as I will be when I get my first acceptance I think I put together a pretty solid app and my numbers aren't going to magically go up so I'm not too anxious.

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LawLucy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:44 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
LawLucy wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:Just got an under review e-mail even though my status checker has said under review for a few days

edit: it's like they are trying to give me a heart attack



+1


No kidding... Maybe that's how Boalt weeds its applicants out - Myocardial infarction.



LOL...true that

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LawLucy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:04 pm

valengina wrote:These five pages just make me want to cry.

http://berkeley.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... =4&type=jd


I find this interesting and depressing.
First of all, if you look at all the rejects they have amazing numbers, which tells me that it is NOT all about the numbers.
Secondly, some of us are in for a long wait.

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby 123xalady » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Berkeley Law tweet--BoaltAdmissions: It's almost Thanksgiving...what are you thankful for? Could it be the news that we are planning to make some phone calls next week?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:29 pm

123xalady wrote:Berkeley Law tweet--BoaltAdmissions: It's almost Thanksgiving...what are you thankful for? Could it be the news that we are planning to make some phone calls next week?


I would be more thankful still if they call this week! lol

Oh boy




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin and 4 guests