Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:49 am

daisyduke wrote:Berkeley, Please give us some love tomorrow :D please please! I love Berkeley!

Yes for my future drinking buddies!

And yall have great tars!

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:50 am

r6_philly wrote:
daisyduke wrote:Berkeley, Please give us some love tomorrow :D please please! I love Berkeley!

Yes for my future drinking buddies!

And yall have great tars!

Contributing some good vibes for some more acceptances before winter break.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:54 am

I posted in the other thread, I am visiting in 2 weeks. I am thinking about Penn vs. Berkeley non-stop since yesterday so I must get to see Berkeley now... :lol:

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:34 am

+1, a call from Boalt would definitely make my holidays!

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:00 am

Just submitted my Berkeley app. Yes, I know it's very late for Berkeley, but let's hope they don't let that stop them from rejecting me for other reasons too. :lol: 168/4.0 in undergrad, decent softs.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Just submitted my Berkeley app. Yes, I know it's very late for Berkeley, but let's hope they don't let that stop them from rejecting me for other reasons too. :lol: 168/4.0 in undergrad, decent softs.

good luck bils, i approve of us both going to berkeley!

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:36 am

r6_philly wrote:I posted in the other thread, I am visiting in 2 weeks. I am thinking about Penn vs. Berkeley non-stop since yesterday so I must get to see Berkeley now... :lol:

Eee have a great trip! That's going to be such a nice break from East Coast weather...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:52 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I posted in the other thread, I am visiting in 2 weeks. I am thinking about Penn vs. Berkeley non-stop since yesterday so I must get to see Berkeley now... :lol:

Eee have a great trip! That's going to be such a nice break from East Coast weather...

Thanks! Turns out that a family member works for United so cheap tickets and free bags for last minute flights :mrgreen: If I pick the Bay area at least I would be flying cheaply.

Ya the weather... Cali is more scary right now.

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:

Thanks! Turns out that a family member works for United so cheap tickets and free bags for last minute flights :mrgreen: If I pick the Bay area at least I would be flying cheaply.

Ya the weather... Cali is more scary right now.

We're getting epic Jumanji monsoons in So Cal. The weather isn't great at all down here.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:42 pm

I've been UR since 11/22...given LSN, I'm praying for a decision in mid-January. I'm visiting up there next week (won't have students, but I've never been to the area and it's my only chance) and I can't wait! Berkeley has been a dream school of mine since I was in HS.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:52 pm

sarahlawg wrote:I've been UR since 11/22...given LSN, I'm praying for a decision in mid-January. I'm visiting up there next week (won't have students, but I've never been to the area and it's my only chance) and I can't wait! Berkeley has been a dream school of mine since I was in HS.

I was going to go next week, but it turned out to be easier flying the following week, and the staff are back on 1/3 so I figure I can actually get some questions answered. Have fun!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:54 pm

RJ127 wrote:We're getting epic Jumanji monsoons in So Cal. The weather isn't great at all down here.

I was telling my wife about how it's enjoyable in cali, then the news came on :lol:

And then she remembered the earthquakes.

sarcasticswede

Postby sarcasticswede » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:
RJ127 wrote:We're getting epic Jumanji monsoons in So Cal. The weather isn't great at all down here.

I was telling my wife about how it's enjoyable in cali, then the news came on :lol:

And then she remembered the earthquakes.

Don't worry, it hasn't actually been that bad in Northern California the past week. It's been really on and off but none of the monsoon stuff So Cal has been seeing, mostly just the occasional light drizzle. Yes, we've had it every day, but I'll gladly take this over the cold cold weather that I saw here over Thanksgiving break : ( but that was definitely a fluke.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:03 pm

r6_philly wrote:I was going to go next week, but it turned out to be easier flying the following week, and the staff are back on 1/3 so I figure I can actually get some questions answered. Have fun!

so you're going to find out when they're going to admit the rest of your friends right? :lol:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:04 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I was going to go next week, but it turned out to be easier flying the following week, and the staff are back on 1/3 so I figure I can actually get some questions answered. Have fun!

so you're going to find out when they're going to admit the rest of your friends right? :lol:

I will ask. :)

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:28 pm

sarcasticswede wrote:Don't worry, it hasn't actually been that bad in Northern California the past week. It's been really on and off but none of the monsoon stuff So Cal has been seeing, mostly just the occasional light drizzle. Yes, we've had it every day, but I'll gladly take this over the cold cold weather that I saw here over Thanksgiving break : ( but that was definitely a fluke.

Not that bad, but definitely WEIRD. It was blindingly sunny as I drove down 280 just now, but simultaneously pouring rain. On the other hand, I could be in New York freezing or in Europe ankle-deep in paralyzing snow, so I'm going to count my blessings

sarcasticswede

Postby sarcasticswede » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:05 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
sarcasticswede wrote:Don't worry, it hasn't actually been that bad in Northern California the past week. It's been really on and off but none of the monsoon stuff So Cal has been seeing, mostly just the occasional light drizzle. Yes, we've had it every day, but I'll gladly take this over the cold cold weather that I saw here over Thanksgiving break : ( but that was definitely a fluke.

Not that bad, but definitely WEIRD. It was blindingly sunny as I drove down 280 just now, but simultaneously pouring rain. On the other hand, I could be in New York freezing or in Europe ankle-deep in paralyzing snow, so I'm going to count my blessings

I forgot to factor in that you SoCal folks are absolute wimps when it comes to weather, so when my friends living in LA say "monsoon" it probably isn't remotely close : )

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:18 pm

sarcasticswede wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:

I forgot to factor in that you SoCal folks are absolute wimps when it comes to weather, so when my friends living in LA say "monsoon" it probably isn't remotely close : )

Pleaaaaase tell me you're not lumping me in with "you SoCal folks." My native San Franciscan heart cries out in horror.

aesis

Postby aesis » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:27 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
Pleaaaaase tell me you're not lumping me in with "you SoCal folks." My native San Franciscan heart cries out in horror.

And our SoCal hearts cry out in horror at the thought of another Bay Urrreuhhh enthusiast being categorized as SoCal ...

r6: the inclement weather right now is highly irregular -- the other Sunday it was 80ish degrees in Los Angeles, clear blue sky. Absolutely beautiful. Dunno what it was like in the Bay though.

sarcasticswede

Postby sarcasticswede » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:37 pm

aesis wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:

And our SoCal hearts cry out in horror at the thought of another Bay Urrreuhhh enthusiast being categorized as SoCal ...

r6: the inclement weather right now is highly irregular -- the other Sunday it was 80ish degrees in Los Angeles, clear blue sky. Absolutely beautiful. Dunno what it was like in the Bay though.

jeeves my bad, I'm in the same boat, and was referring more to my seriously wimpy LA native friends. Trust me, coming back from Thanksgiving break in the bay (which was FREEZING) and having my friends from Santa Monica tell me it was just "too cold to handle" in LA was a little too much.

r6 and aesis, I split time in LA and the Bay that weekend, LA was flawless but Berkeley was pretty awesome too (I think I talked about it on the In at Berk thread, but it was definitely jeans and a t-shirt weather in Berk, a little over 70).

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:41 pm

aesis wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:

:shock: This is just my two cents, but I don't even like when it's that warm... I'm more of a high 40s low 50s guy. So it sucks when I'm in the blazing heat (in the summer I mean) or in the freezing cold, but I definitely prefer a chill to high 60s low 70s.

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:41 pm

sarcasticswede wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:

Haha trust, it was bad. It rained hard and it was windy so you got that annoying diagonal rain that tricks your umbrella. Ahh the Nor Cal jealousy hatred on So Cal folks will never end...

I kid, I kid.

sarcasticswede

Postby sarcasticswede » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:44 pm

RJ127 wrote:
sarcasticswede wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:

Haha trust, it was bad. It rained hard and it was windy so you got that annoying diagonal rain that tricks your umbrella. Ahh the Nor Cal jealousy hatred on So Cal folks will never end...

I kid, I kid.

Don't worry I whine about it just as much as the rest of you when I'm trying to walk the 20 minute trek to class and it's raining and windy as it frequently is at UCLA (frequently windy that is, not frequently raining). For whatever reason the rain is more bearable in NorCal (probably because I never have to walk 20 minutes anywhere regularly).

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:47 pm

aesis wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:

Hey I wasn't hating (though I am super proud of being from the city)! I like LA, definitely love going down periodically for some ACTUAL summer weather. However, you can get away with getting a lot chubbier when year-round layering is de rigueur and I really like cake. :lol:

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:52 pm

One thing that always trips me up about the Bay Area is the air quality. I may sound weird, but coming from the smoggy LA area, I always enjoy breathing in the MUCH clearer air up there. My body appreciates it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”