Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
camelcrema

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby camelcrema » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:42 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:Just got an email reminding me to apply for financial aid as early as possible, and not to wait until a decision has been made. Scared the crap out of me at first when I saw it was from Berkeley.

If I had not seen this post before I received that e-mail, I would have flipped out.

timmna

Postby timmna » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:45 pm

I didn't get an email..

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:Just got an E-mail at 7:22 EST about applying for financial aid. Almost cried when I first noticed it was from Berkeley lol. Someone tell me I'm the only one so I can think that this has something to do with me getting in. I know it doesn't, but still.

If you look three posts above you, I just posted the same thing :roll:

I know. However, is it possible that maybe I had the post started when you wrote that and submitted it after you? Anyways, just so everyone knows, T6 said it first.

Haha sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I just meant that my post being there was clearly in conflict with you saying "Someone tell me I'm the only one." It's very possible that could happen, I know that the page where it says "a new post has been made blah blah blah, if you would like to revise your post" has been on the fritz lately, so maybe you're right.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:47 pm

I didn't get a financial aid reminder email...

uh oh

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:48 pm

For those with no email--are in review yet?

timmna

Postby timmna » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Since 11/8...

This is no good.

calilaw

Postby calilaw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:50 pm

I got the financial aid email. I'm under review.

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:50 pm

For those of you who got no e-mail...Did you check your junk folders?

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:52 pm

timmna wrote:Since 11/8...

This is no good.

The email really doesn't mean anything, I don't think. You may even get it sometime soon. I've been UR since 11/8 as well.
Here's what it said:

Dear Mr. T6Hopeful,

This is an announcement to all applicants regarding the application process for financial aid. The Berkeley Law Financial Aid Office asks that you submit your applications for financial aid as soon as possible starting in January. Please do not wait until an admission decision is made.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2011-2012 will be available on January 1, 2011 at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov

. You must submit your application by the priority deadline of March 2, 2011 in order to be considered for scholarships or a need-based grant.

All students who apply for financial assistance should become familiar with the contents of our website, including information on Need-Based Grants.

A few important notes:
UC Berkeley's school code is 001312.
Submit complete student (and spouse, if applicable) information and be sure to include accurate financial information. Some students choose to file their federal and state income tax return early in order to have their information ready by the FAFSA deadline.
For students who wish to be considered for gift aid such as scholarships and need-based grants, parent information is required on the FAFSA unless you will be 30 years old by December 31, 2011. Again, be sure that the financial information you provide is complete and accurate. Visit our Need-Based Grants page for details.
Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis beginning in February and ending on June 1. Separate scholarship notifications are sent when awards are made.
A brief Supplemental Application for Need-Based Grants will also be required for all students who wish to be considered for grants. This form will be available on the Financial Aid website in late January and has the same deadline of March 2, 2011.
If you are admitted and if all of your required information is received by the deadline, we will attempt to have a preliminary financial aid offer available to you around the date of Berkeley Law's Admitted Students Weekend. Financial aid offers cannot be made available before April.
Applications received after the March 2 deadline will be considered for gift aid on a first-come first-served basis as funds remain available.
International students who do not have a Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number should file the paper version of the FAFSA with the Financial Aid Office once they are admitted.
Admitted students with additional questions may contact us at financial-aid@law.berkeley.edu.

Sincerely,
Financial Aid Office Staff

timmna

Postby timmna » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:53 pm

jamiLAW wrote:For those of you who got no e-mail...Did you check your junk folders?

Yes.

Awww.

bananaboat29

Postby bananaboat29 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:53 pm

I just got it- 7:49 so a bit later than everyone else. I'm sure they're just coming out in batches. So glad I saw these posts first or I would have been happy for no reason

timmna

Postby timmna » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:53 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
timmna wrote:Since 11/8...

This is no good.

The email really doesn't mean anything, I don't think. You may even get it sometime soon. I've been UR since 11/8 as well.
Here's what it said:

Dear Mr. T6Hopeful,

This is an announcement to all applicants regarding the application process for financial aid. The Berkeley Law Financial Aid Office asks that you submit your applications for financial aid as soon as possible starting in January. Please do not wait until an admission decision is made.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2011-2012 will be available on January 1, 2011 at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov

. You must submit your application by the priority deadline of March 2, 2011 in order to be considered for scholarships or a need-based grant.

All students who apply for financial assistance should become familiar with the contents of our website, including information on Need-Based Grants.

A few important notes:
UC Berkeley's school code is 001312.
Submit complete student (and spouse, if applicable) information and be sure to include accurate financial information. Some students choose to file their federal and state income tax return early in order to have their information ready by the FAFSA deadline.
For students who wish to be considered for gift aid such as scholarships and need-based grants, parent information is required on the FAFSA unless you will be 30 years old by December 31, 2011. Again, be sure that the financial information you provide is complete and accurate. Visit our Need-Based Grants page for details.
Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis beginning in February and ending on June 1. Separate scholarship notifications are sent when awards are made.
A brief Supplemental Application for Need-Based Grants will also be required for all students who wish to be considered for grants. This form will be available on the Financial Aid website in late January and has the same deadline of March 2, 2011.
If you are admitted and if all of your required information is received by the deadline, we will attempt to have a preliminary financial aid offer available to you around the date of Berkeley Law's Admitted Students Weekend. Financial aid offers cannot be made available before April.
Applications received after the March 2 deadline will be considered for gift aid on a first-come first-served basis as funds remain available.
International students who do not have a Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number should file the paper version of the FAFSA with the Financial Aid Office once they are admitted.
Admitted students with additional questions may contact us at financial-aid@law.berkeley.edu.

Sincerely,
Financial Aid Office Staff

Aw, hey, thanks for posting.

timmna

Postby timmna » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Acceptances HAVE to come out tomorrow. Right? Right??

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:54 pm

calilaw wrote:I got the financial aid email. I'm under review.

Me, too. I think it's just a general email.

EDIT: Redundant post is redundant, sorry for the spam. :oops:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:55 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:Just got an E-mail at 7:22 EST about applying for financial aid. Almost cried when I first noticed it was from Berkeley lol. Someone tell me I'm the only one so I can think that this has something to do with me getting in. I know it doesn't, but still.

I like how T6hopeful is giving rolling eyes to T14hope. That is all.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:57 pm

NZA wrote:

True, but it's definitely an important reminder. I can definitely see many people not filling out a school on their FAFSA because they're not sure whether they'll get in or not. On the other hand, I'm going to have to mentally order my top 10 out of the 16 I applied to, since the FAFSA only accepts 10 at a time.

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

I like how T6hopeful is giving rolling eyes to T14hope. That is all.

Lol. I'm a TTTHopeful.

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:58 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
NZA wrote:

True, but it's definitely an important reminder. I can definitely see many people not filling out a school on their FAFSA because they're not sure whether they'll get in or not. On the other hand, I'm going to have to mentally order my top 10 out of the 16 I applied to, since the FAFSA only accepts 10 at a time.

Really? Now that, I did not know...I didn't apply/don't expect to get into more than 10 schools, but I do find that rather curious. Do you just submit multiple FAFSAE if you have more than 10 schools?

pcthenls

Postby pcthenls » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Been in review since 10/16... thank God for you guys posting about this just as I was checking my email. Why do they not respond for months and now ask us to go to through the effort to apply for aid if they are about to reject us? Don't mean to sound cynical, just been reading the Ding Bar thread too long. Good luck to everyone!

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:02 pm

NZA wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
NZA wrote:

Really? Now that, I did not know...I didn't apply/don't expect to get into more than 10 schools, but I do find that rather curious. Do you just submit multiple FAFSAE if you have more than 10 schools?

Lol fafsae.

Ps I'm under review 12/6 and I got the email too

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:03 pm

NZA wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
NZA wrote:

No, but you can go back update them as needed. I really doubt that once you start getting merit offers you'll really need to consider more than 10 schools. For example, if I get a considerable amount of money from Duke (especially) or GULC, that pretty much takes GW and probably UCLA off the table for me, and so on.

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Gotti wrote:
Lol fafsae.

:mrgreen:

Glad someone caught that.

Good luck now that you're UR!

Kent M

Postby Kent M » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:18 pm

I just got the financial aid email.

glitched

Postby glitched » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Anyone else spamming the refresh button on their emails right now with the hope of this being a time of day for them to be sending out all their emails? Lol

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:20 pm

leeronalda wrote:Anyone else spamming the refresh button on their emails right now with the hope of this being a time of day for them to be sending out all their emails? Lol

You caught me. *Hangs head in shame*

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”