Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:17 pm

zworykin wrote:While this is all terribly interesting conversation...

I don't drink. 25, never had a sip. Don't plan to. I guess I can't play along :(


You will be missing the best part of grad school (other than the school part of course).

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby zworykin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
zworykin wrote:While this is all terribly interesting conversation...

I don't drink. 25, never had a sip. Don't plan to. I guess I can't play along :(


You will be missing the best part of grad school (other than the school part of course).


:lol: I suspect most grad students would suggest that you've got that backwards.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:40 pm

zworykin wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
zworykin wrote:While this is all terribly interesting conversation...

I don't drink. 25, never had a sip. Don't plan to. I guess I can't play along :(


You will be missing the best part of grad school (other than the school part of course).


:lol: I suspect most grad students would suggest that you've got that backwards.


Well I said other than the school part so that means I put school part first.

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby zworykin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:
zworykin wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
zworykin wrote:While this is all terribly interesting conversation...

I don't drink. 25, never had a sip. Don't plan to. I guess I can't play along :(


You will be missing the best part of grad school (other than the school part of course).


:lol: I suspect most grad students would suggest that you've got that backwards.


Well I said other than the school part so that means I put school part first.


As I said: :lol: I suspect most grad students would suggest that you've got that backwards.

RTFM
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby RTFM » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:40 pm

daisyduke wrote:
zworykin wrote:Uh. Under review since 10/18.
:shock:


+1


10/26. You guys just made me feel a lot better (at least I'm not alone).

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:49 pm

NZA wrote:
zworykin wrote:I don't drink.


Oh. Do you just smoke a lot of weed, then? :?*

*Kidding!


I just burst out laughing...Berk and Cali in particular are known for their quality green stuff
better get used to it

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:53 pm

zworykin wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
zworykin wrote:While this is all terribly interesting conversation...

I don't drink. 25, never had a sip. Don't plan to. I guess I can't play along :(


You will be missing the best part of grad school (other than the school part of course).


:lol: I suspect most grad students would suggest that you've got that backwards.



not sure what you are trying to say here, I have my MBA and I loved to swing back a few here and there. School I am sure has come first for all of us to be able to successfully apply to berkeley.
:evil:
Unless of course by looking at the creepy 'tar, you are fighting with good old fashioned catholic guilt
:D
my dad used to be an altar boy...

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby obrienfa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:13 pm

r6_philly wrote:My law school special

1 part Vodka
1 part Vodka
poured over rocks of frozen vodka

1 drink and you will feel like you have just been accepted by the law school of your choice.

Don't over indulge. 3 drinks it will feel like your offer has been revoked.


Philly, I see some epic happy hours together if we end up at the same law school.

Teflon1974
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Teflon1974 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 pm

For everyone but zworykin. Cheers, and good luck:

Image

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby NZA » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:45 pm

Teflon1974 wrote:For everyone but zworykin. Cheers, and good luck:


Fancy dancy, Mr. Blackberry. :)

Teflon1974
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Teflon1974 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:52 pm

NZA wrote:
Teflon1974 wrote:For everyone but zworykin. Cheers, and good luck:


Fancy dancy, Mr. Blackberry. :)


It's also GPS tagged. If you figure out the location, you're welcome to join.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby NZA » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Teflon1974 wrote:
NZA wrote:
Teflon1974 wrote:For everyone but zworykin. Cheers, and good luck:


Fancy dancy, Mr. Blackberry. :)


It's also GPS tagged. If you figure out the location, you're welcome to join.


+1 :D

User avatar
ThreeYears
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby ThreeYears » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:01 am

Teflon1974 wrote:For everyone but zworykin. Cheers, and good luck:

Image



Teflon, I wish you luck. They admitted at least nine PhDs last year.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:42 am

zworykin wrote:
As I said: :lol: I suspect most grad students would suggest that you've got that backwards.


Well I thought coming from you it meant the opposite

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:45 am

obrienfa wrote:
r6_philly wrote:My law school special

1 part Vodka
1 part Vodka
poured over rocks of frozen vodka

1 drink and you will feel like you have just been accepted by the law school of your choice.

Don't over indulge. 3 drinks it will feel like your offer has been revoked.


Philly, I see some epic happy hours together if we end up at the same law school.


Let's see, I had a happy hour for my school last evening. Went to the president's holiday party last night. Had a happy hour this afternoon at work. Went to a classmates house happy hour. Stopped by the Grad Student Association's happy hour just now. That's 5 in 2 days. I don't know about other schools, but Penn is awesome for happy hours. On top of that I only paid for 1 drink out of the 5.

So it's on if we manage to become classmates. Where do you want to go BTW?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:47 am

obrienfa wrote:
Philly, I see some epic happy hours together if we end up at the same law school.

Also, I will make sure to drag you to at least 2 happy hours at Penn ASW if you decided to come. Others welcome.

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Teflon1974 wrote:For everyone but zworykin. Cheers, and good luck:

Image



I am definately IN on this. I propose a pre-starting classes happy-happy hour: R6, Teflon, Aggie and anyone else who will be "happy" upon their admittance/acceptance!
Par-tay!

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby artichoke » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:29 pm

r6_philly wrote:
obrienfa wrote:
Philly, I see some epic happy hours together if we end up at the same law school.

Also, I will make sure to drag you to at least 2 happy hours at Penn ASW if you decided to come. Others welcome.


Oh my Lord it looks like I've missed a conversation on one of my favorite topics.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:08 pm

artichoke wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
obrienfa wrote:
Philly, I see some epic happy hours together if we end up at the same law school.

Also, I will make sure to drag you to at least 2 happy hours at Penn ASW if you decided to come. Others welcome.


Oh my Lord it looks like I've missed a conversation on one of my favorite topics.

This is why berkeley needs to let us in today.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:33 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
artichoke wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
obrienfa wrote:
Philly, I see some epic happy hours together if we end up at the same law school.

Also, I will make sure to drag you to at least 2 happy hours at Penn ASW if you decided to come. Others welcome.


Oh my Lord it looks like I've missed a conversation on one of my favorite topics.

This is why berkeley needs to let us in today.


Yes I will fly across the country to attend this epic happy hour with all of you guys.

User avatar
JennBNYC
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby JennBNYC » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Teflon1974 wrote:For everyone but zworykin. Cheers, and good luck:

Image


How pretty is that?! Regardless of how it tastes, I'll take one of those, please :-).

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby mrmangs » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:06 pm

JennBNYC wrote:
Teflon1974 wrote:For everyone but zworykin. Cheers, and good luck:

Image


How pretty is that?! Regardless of how it tastes, I'll take one of those, please :-).


Yeah, I know. :D

ETA: Every time I visit this thread and see that pic, I get happy.

User avatar
LilMonsterAnnie
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:30 pm

mrmangs wrote:
JennBNYC wrote:
Teflon1974 wrote:For everyone but zworykin. Cheers, and good luck:

Image


How pretty is that?! Regardless of how it tastes, I'll take one of those, please :-).


Yeah, I know. :D

ETA: Every time I visit this thread and see that pic, I get happy.



ME TOO!!! :D

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:31 pm

LilMonsterAnnie wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
ETA: Every time I visit this thread and see that pic, I get happy.



ME TOO!!! :D


I am not because it makes me feel stuck in this snowy weather.

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby obrienfa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:23 pm

r6_philly wrote:
obrienfa wrote:
Philly, I see some epic happy hours together if we end up at the same law school.

Also, I will make sure to drag you to at least 2 happy hours at Penn ASW if you decided to come. Others welcome.


Love it.
Right now I am between Berk and NYU but we will see how things roll out with UPenn and Chicago.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”