Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:20 pm

sarahh wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
sarahh wrote:
softsgalore wrote:Wind chills out this way were in the -35 to -40 range two nights ago, which led to us having a pipe burst on Saturday morning. Roads were completely impassable (my husband got stuck in snow THREE TIMES on the way to the nearest gas station, which is about 10 blocks away), so there was no way a plumber could get out. We have been using melted snow to flush our toilets.

Moral of the story: don't go to school in Minnesota.

I sure would love some of that "holistic" Berkeley love.


I live in the Bay Area, and yesterday I was walking around in a t-shirt without a jacket. Not looking forward to three years of Boston winters. Sigh, at least it will give me an excuse to crochet some scarfs.

Ohhhhhhhhhh WHAT A TRAVESTY?!?!?! How will I ever stand the winter at HARVARD.


Ha, ha. I guess I kind of asked for it. But seriously, I grew up in the Northeast and the weather here is so much nicer.

K well, I grew up in Canada, I'm still in Canada. The weather anywhere south of the border is so much nicer than here, especially if it's in Cambridge.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:20 pm

sarahh wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
sarahh wrote:
softsgalore wrote:Wind chills out this way were in the -35 to -40 range two nights ago, which led to us having a pipe burst on Saturday morning. Roads were completely impassable (my husband got stuck in snow THREE TIMES on the way to the nearest gas station, which is about 10 blocks away), so there was no way a plumber could get out. We have been using melted snow to flush our toilets.

Moral of the story: don't go to school in Minnesota.

I sure would love some of that "holistic" Berkeley love.


I live in the Bay Area, and yesterday I was walking around in a t-shirt without a jacket. Not looking forward to three years of Boston winters. Sigh, at least it will give me an excuse to crochet some scarfs.

Ohhhhhhhhhh WHAT A TRAVESTY?!?!?! How will I ever stand the winter at HARVARD.


Ha, ha. I guess I kind of asked for it. But seriously, I grew up in the Northeast and the weather here is so much nicer.


There is always Stanford if you want to stay out here, sarahh ;).

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby NZA » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:21 pm

CastleRock wrote:K well, I grew up in Canada, I'm still in Canada. The weather anywhere south of the border is so much nicer than here, especially if it's in Cambridge.


BC's weather isn't so bad.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:23 pm

NZA wrote:
CastleRock wrote:K well, I grew up in Canada, I'm still in Canada. The weather anywhere south of the border is so much nicer than here, especially if it's in Cambridge.


BC's weather isn't so bad.

A) there is a lot more of BC than just coastal BC, B) A very small percentage of Canadians live in BC, so in all likelihood I don't live there.

Honestly though, BC's weather isn't bad if you are only considering Vancouver.

sarahh
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sarahh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:30 pm

I know there are places a lot colder than Cambridge, but I am a wimp. I would love to go to Stanford, but according to LSN, the chances of me getting in with my GPA are 0. I am still interested in Berkeley. Not having to rent out my condo and my husband not having to leave his job are huge pluses.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby NZA » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:35 pm

sarahh wrote:Not having to rent out my condo and my husband not having to leave his job are huge pluses.


++

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby nematoad » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:38 pm

NZA wrote:
sarahh wrote:Not having to rent out my condo and my husband not having to leave his job are huge pluses.


++


tsubi?

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby NZA » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:02 pm

nematoad wrote:
NZA wrote:
sarahh wrote:Not having to rent out my condo and my husband not having to leave his job are huge pluses.


++


tsubi?


Huge pluses. :D

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby nematoad » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:09 pm

NZA wrote:
nematoad wrote:
NZA wrote:
sarahh wrote:Not having to rent out my condo and my husband not having to leave his job are huge pluses.


++


tsubi?


Huge pluses. :D


:P

athletics005
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby athletics005 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Just accepted via email!

167/4.1

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm

athletics005 wrote:Just accepted via email!

167/4.1

omg, congrats!

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby mrmangs » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm

athletics005 wrote:Just accepted via email!

167/4.1


Grats! :)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:30 pm

mrmangs wrote:
athletics005 wrote:Just accepted via email!

167/4.1


Grats! :)


Congrats! So it starts again! Good luck my favorite applicants. (sorry the non-favorite ones) :D

User avatar
Lovely Ludwig Van
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:31 pm

athletics005 wrote:Just accepted via email!

167/4.1


Congrats.

This will be my "stalk" thread for the next few weeks.

sarahh
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sarahh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:33 pm

athletics005 wrote:Just accepted via email!

167/4.1


Checked my e-mail after seeing this, and I am in too!!! So relieved

QuailMan
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby QuailMan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:40 pm

sarahh wrote:
athletics005 wrote:Just accepted via email!

167/4.1


Checked my e-mail after seeing this, and I am in too!!! So relieved


Congrats!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:45 pm

For you new acceptees today, did your status checker ever go from review to decision ?

athletics005
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby athletics005 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:For you new acceptees today, did your status checker ever go from review to decision ?


Thanks everyone. And my fellow aggie....

Current Status: A decision has been reached
Current Status Date: 12/13/2010
Decision Status: Admitted!
Decision Status Date: 12/13/2010

sarahh
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sarahh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:58 pm

athletics005 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:For you new acceptees today, did your status checker ever go from review to decision ?


Thanks everyone. And my fellow aggie....

Current Status: A decision has been reached
Current Status Date: 12/13/2010
Decision Status: Admitted!
Decision Status Date: 12/13/2010


Mine says the same thing.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:58 pm

athletics005 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:For you new acceptees today, did your status checker ever go from review to decision ?


Thanks everyone. And my fellow aggie....

Current Status: A decision has been reached
Current Status Date: 12/13/2010
Decision Status: Admitted!
Decision Status Date: 12/13/2010


Oh, awesome! Well, congratulations... I will sit in review some more before receiving my WL I guess. LOL :X

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:10 pm

sarahh wrote:
athletics005 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:For you new acceptees today, did your status checker ever go from review to decision ?


Thanks everyone. And my fellow aggie....

Current Status: A decision has been reached
Current Status Date: 12/13/2010
Decision Status: Admitted!
Decision Status Date: 12/13/2010


Mine says the same thing.


When did you go complete/under review?

Congrats!

sarahh
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby sarahh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:18 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
sarahh wrote:
athletics005 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:For you new acceptees today, did your status checker ever go from review to decision ?


Thanks everyone. And my fellow aggie....

Current Status: A decision has been reached
Current Status Date: 12/13/2010
Decision Status: Admitted!
Decision Status Date: 12/13/2010


Mine says the same thing.


When did you go complete/under review?

Congrats!


I submitted in September. I was under review for a fairly long time, but I do not remember the exact date.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:22 pm

[/quote]

I submitted in September. I was under review for a fairly long time, but I do not remember the exact date.[/quote]

Thanks. Go BEARS!

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby ahduth » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Berkeley turns these puppies around fast. That was 11 days.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Eeek, congrats to those who just got accepted! Y'all are phenoms.

I'm still at UR 11/08, but that's alright.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Finickywalrus, Harry Ass Truman, Keilz, spookyg_g_ghost and 20 guests