Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
daisyduke

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby daisyduke » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Knock wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:
sarahh wrote:I went to an admissions event with Dean Tom, and he said about 550 acceptances were decided by him and 250 by committee. There don't seem to be that many acceptances at this point. I bet there are more to be handed out by him before we head to committee.

Yeah that's what it says on their website too, so unless they just decided to be wayyyy more selective or everyone that got in doesn't go on LSN or tls, there should be more :)

To follow up on this line of thinking: I checked out LSN, and last year there were a total of about 170 applicants who registered as applying to Berkeley and who got accepted. This year, so far, there are only 31. Obviously maybe fewer people are filling out their profiles on LSN this year, but it's unlikely that it's majorly off-kilter from last year. Assuming the proportions are the same, then almost 5/6ths of Berkeley's offers have yet to be made. In which case Dean Tom has a lot of decisions left to make.

Hooray?

AD is more popular this year though than previous. I know that I don't use LSN in favor of AD.

AD?

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:13 pm

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:14 pm

daisyduke wrote:
Knock wrote:
To follow up on this line of thinking: I checked out LSN, and last year there were a total of about 170 applicants who registered as applying to Berkeley and who got accepted. This year, so far, there are only 31. Obviously maybe fewer people are filling out their profiles on LSN this year, but it's unlikely that it's majorly off-kilter from last year. Assuming the proportions are the same, then almost 5/6ths of Berkeley's offers have yet to be made. In which case Dean Tom has a lot of decisions left to make.

Hooray?

AD is more popular this year though than previous. I know that I don't use LSN in favor of AD.

AD?

Admissionsdean.com

There are 4 additional acceptances from 26 people there. That's still well short of 170 though. Habit, I like you. I hope Dean Tom likes both of us

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:16 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:
daisyduke wrote:
Knock wrote:

Hooray?

AD?

Admissionsdean.com

There are 4 additional acceptances from 26 people there. That's still well short of 170 though. Habit, I like you. I hope Dean Tom likes both of us

I like both of you guys! I hope you both get in!! :mrgreen:

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Knock wrote:

Thanks Knock. Alright here's a plan- Habit and I and others will get into berkeley. We'll print out your dean deal picture, make a t-shirt out of it, and give it to you at the cal stanford game next year (you'll be a stanford 1L), and you can wear it. BAM.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:20 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:
Knock wrote:

Thanks Knock. Alright here's a plan- Habit and I and others will get into berkeley. We'll print out your dean deal picture, make a t-shirt out of it, and give it to you at the cal stanford game next year (you'll be a stanford 1L), and you can wear it. BAM.

:lol: :lol: :lol:. Let's make that happen please!

daisyduke

Postby daisyduke » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Knock wrote:I like both of you guys! I hope you both get in!! :mrgreen:

I have no idea if you were talking about me, but Knock, you are the greatest!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Admissionsdean won't accept above a 4.00 GPA. Fail.

daisyduke

Postby daisyduke » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Admissionsdean won't accept above a 4.00 GPA. Fail.

I wish I had this problem :evil:

:D

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:11 pm

daisyduke wrote:

LOL +1

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:12 pm

daisyduke wrote:

You have the better side of things: An LSAT in the high 160s or 170s. :oops: Wanna trade? :( My baker's dozen of A+s means nothing to law schools.

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:14 pm

Haha could be worse - Admissionsdean doesn't have my major.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 pm

obrienfa wrote:

What's Admissionsdean? :P

daisyduke

Postby daisyduke » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 pm

obrienfa wrote:

Haha +1 Mine neither.
Last edited by daisyduke on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:18 pm

obrienfa wrote:

LOL, that is pretty bad.

Aesthetically, I like the site a lot more than LSN, as I find LSN to be pretty spartan. However, it is functional.

One thing that irks me about AdmissionsDean is that when you go to a school's page, you have to bust your ass to find 25/75th and median. That should be information at your finger tips for a site like that.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:18 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
obrienfa wrote:

It's a LSN knock-off trying to do something better than the originators of it!

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
obrienfa wrote:

Haha yeah, it probably wasn't clear, but that's what I was alluding to. :D

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:24 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
obrienfa wrote:

I really like AdmissionsDean. It actually works for me, something that LSN would not, despite making three accounts. I emailed LSN to try and get it fixed, and was ignored. AD, on the other hand, listens to users input, and will add features that you request, and are constantly working on improving the site. The owner actually responds to emails, and is a really nice guy. A few of us TLSers have also won prizes from their raffles. I personally won a Law Preview course, and I know at least a couple other people (Hannibal), won the Law Preview course as well.

obrienfa

Postby obrienfa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:25 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
obrienfa wrote:

LOL, that is pretty bad.

Aesthetically, I like the site a lot more than LSN, as I find LSN to be pretty spartan. However, it is functional.

One thing that irks me about AdmissionsDean is that when you go to a school's page, you have to bust your ass to find 25/75th and median. That should be information at your finger tips for a site like that.

I am sticking to lawschoolnumbers mostly cause I'm too lazy to reenter all my info.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Knock wrote:I really like AdmissionsDean. It actually works for me, something that LSN would not, despite making three accounts. I emailed LSN to try and get it fixed, and was ignored. AD, on the other hand, listens to users input, and will add features that you request, and are constantly working on improving the site. The owner actually responds to emails, and is a really nice guy. A few of us TLSers have also won prizes from their raffles. I personally won a Law Preview course, and I know at least a couple other people (Hannibal), won the Law Preview course as well.

Prolly cuz it's new.

I'm sure it's fine, but I've been using LSN since last cycle, so I'm over making a whole other profile. Sooo like most people reluctant to try something new, I pretend my "old school" site is clearly superior 8)

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:29 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
Knock wrote:I really like AdmissionsDean. It actually works for me, something that LSN would not, despite making three accounts. I emailed LSN to try and get it fixed, and was ignored. AD, on the other hand, listens to users input, and will add features that you request, and are constantly working on improving the site. The owner actually responds to emails, and is a really nice guy. A few of us TLSers have also won prizes from their raffles. I personally won a Law Preview course, and I know at least a couple other people (Hannibal), won the Law Preview course as well.

Prolly cuz it's new.

I'm sure it's fine, but I've been using LSN since last cycle, so I'm over making a whole other profile. Sooo like most people reluctant to try something new, I pretend my "old school" site is clearly superior 8)

And i'll take my progressive, state of the art, cutting-edge website then 8). That I can actually log into successfully ;).

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:49 pm

Knock wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:

Prolly cuz it's new.

And i'll take my progressive, state of the art, cutting-edge website then 8). That I can actually log into successfully ;).

LOL u win. Seriously tho, is it worth creating an account? (The only thing I am interested in after today is ED decisions).

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:49 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
Knock wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:

Prolly cuz it's new.

LOL u win. Seriously tho, is it worth creating an account? (The only thing I am interested in after today is ED decisions).

Haha, I would definitely say it is. I greatly prefer it to LSN :). It's an up and coming site too that could really benefit from our data points.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:11 am

I'll continue filling in my info then. It feels clunkier than LSN for some reason, maybe it's just because the buttons are bigger and more... pastel bright? :)

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:22 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I'll continue filling in my info then. It feels clunkier than LSN for some reason, maybe it's just because the buttons are bigger and more... pastel bright? :)

Yeah, LSN definitely wins when it comes to aesthetics.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”