Berkeley 2011 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HopefulFish
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby HopefulFish » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:52 pm

If I've been under review since October 25, is it likely that I am under committee review? Or could it be that there's a chance rejections have not been sent out yet?

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby pulandasu » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:57 pm

It looks like from 2009-2010 LSN graphs that people who applied before Oct LSAT release date and didn't go through committee review have heard their acceptances by Dec 17, 2009.

So, am I safe to guess that if I don't hear by then, I am going through committee review?

please and thank you.
Last edited by pulandasu on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon1974
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Teflon1974 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:18 pm

HopefulFish wrote:If I've been under review since October 25, is it likely that I am under committee review? Or could it be that there's a chance rejections have not been sent out yet?


Somewhere in the 42 pages of this thread, (I think) I read that you get notified if you move from UR to UCR. Warning: That may have been a dream - the line between reality and fantasy is increasingly blurry these days.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:41 pm

I honestly only stand a chance in committee review, so I hope they notify of that. Do they ding you before that?

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby jd2014! » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:I honestly only stand a chance in committee review, so I hope they notify of that. Do they ding you before that?


Yeah, not everyone makes it to committee review.

User avatar
SubwaySandwich
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby SubwaySandwich » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Teflon1974 wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:If I've been under review since October 25, is it likely that I am under committee review? Or could it be that there's a chance rejections have not been sent out yet?


Somewhere in the 42 pages of this thread, (I think) I read that you get notified if you move from UR to UCR. Warning: That may have been a dream - the line between reality and fantasy is increasingly blurry these days.


I remember reading this too, unless I was dreaming as well...

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:45 pm

jd2014! wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:I honestly only stand a chance in committee review, so I hope they notify of that. Do they ding you before that?


Yeah, not everyone makes it to committee review.


Eh, pipe dream anyway.

Teflon1974
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Teflon1974 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:I honestly only stand a chance in committee review, so I hope they notify of that. Do they ding you before that?


Administrative Review

Once each file is complete, it is evaluated on the basis of the admissions criteria. The dean of admissions admits a certain number of applicants who, under the governing criteria and on the basis of his experience, would have a high likelihood of admission if referred to the Admissions Committee. Similarly, applicants who would have a high likelihood of being denied if referred to the committee are denied by the dean of admissions.


http://www.law.berkeley.edu/46.htm

I'm afraid so.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:58 pm

Berkeley, you fell to the second page! See? We need answers!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:01 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Berkeley, you fell to the second page! See? We need answers!


No kidding. Give me some more Nor Cal love. I don't want to have to go to McGeorge :twisted:

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:10 am

They need to come here and see how dedicated you guys are.

It's funny seeing the different groups of people in different threads. The NYU crowd's just been losing it...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:12 am

r6_philly wrote:They need to come here and see how dedicated you guys are.

It's funny seeing the different groups of people in different threads. The NYU crowd's just been losing it...


A lot of time though it's the same familiar faces :P.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:22 am

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:They need to come here and see how dedicated you guys are.

It's funny seeing the different groups of people in different threads. The NYU crowd's just been losing it...


A lot of time though it's the same familiar faces :P.


But they act differently!

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby mrmangs » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:25 am

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:They need to come here and see how dedicated you guys are.

It's funny seeing the different groups of people in different threads. The NYU crowd's just been losing it...


A lot of time though it's the same familiar faces :P.


But they act differently!


I HATE YOU!!!

ETA: Wheeeeeelp, you haven't responded and its been a few minutes, so I feel kind of awkward. I don't really hate you Philly, just acting differently. Ehhhhhhhhhhh. *stretches*

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby obrienfa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:49 am

r6_philly wrote:They need to come here and see how dedicated you guys are.

It's funny seeing the different groups of people in different threads. The NYU crowd's just been losing it...


Haha has there even been a lol cat in this thread yet?

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:03 am

r6_philly wrote:
Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:They need to come here and see how dedicated you guys are.

It's funny seeing the different groups of people in different threads. The NYU crowd's just been losing it...


A lot of time though it's the same familiar faces :P.


But they act differently!


Obrienfa, you spoke just in time...

Image

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:40 am

mrmangs wrote:
I HATE YOU!!!

ETA: Wheeeeeelp, you haven't responded and its been a few minutes, so I feel kind of awkward. I don't really hate you Philly, just acting differently. Ehhhhhhhhhhh. *stretches*


^
Ha ha!

I was playing GT5.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby Knock » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:47 am

r6_philly wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
I HATE YOU!!!

ETA: Wheeeeeelp, you haven't responded and its been a few minutes, so I feel kind of awkward. I don't really hate you Philly, just acting differently. Ehhhhhhhhhhh. *stretches*


^
Ha ha!

I was playing GT5.


Is it good? I think I might pick it up tomorrow as my gift to self for finishing finals 8).

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:59 am

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
I HATE YOU!!!

ETA: Wheeeeeelp, you haven't responded and its been a few minutes, so I feel kind of awkward. I don't really hate you Philly, just acting differently. Ehhhhhhhhhhh. *stretches*


^
Ha ha!

I was playing GT5.


Is it good? I think I might pick it up tomorrow as my gift to self for finishing finals 8).


In my professional opinion (I used to race motorcycles professionally, if I haven't bragged about it here yet) it is as awesome as the other ones. This is the only racing game I play. Enough said.

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby artichoke » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:01 am

Haha. I love you guys. In a totally non-sexual way, of course. You keep me sane. Thank god for tls.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:04 am

artichoke wrote:Haha. I love you guys. In a totally non-sexual way, of course. You keep me sane. Thank god for tls.


I think you are missing some sections and threads :lol:

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby gymboree » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:03 am

SubwaySandwich wrote:
Teflon1974 wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:If I've been under review since October 25, is it likely that I am under committee review? Or could it be that there's a chance rejections have not been sent out yet?


Somewhere in the 42 pages of this thread, (I think) I read that you get notified if you move from UR to UCR. Warning: That may have been a dream - the line between reality and fantasy is increasingly blurry these days.


I remember reading this too, unless I was dreaming as well...


you will get notified if you go to committee review (both by email and status checker).

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby ringdabell » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:49 am

My App has been "UNDER REVIEW" since 11/15...

I'm pretty worried now... (kinda falling hopeless..as well)
Does anyone have a slightest insight on this?
or did anyone ever got accepted from the same situation as I am in?

culinaryorlawschool
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby culinaryorlawschool » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:27 am

ringdabell wrote:My App has been "UNDER REVIEW" since 11/15...

I'm pretty worried now... (kinda falling hopeless..as well)
Does anyone have a slightest insight on this?
or did anyone ever got accepted from the same situation as I am in?


What are your numbers?

User avatar
JennBNYC
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Berkeley 2011 applicants

Postby JennBNYC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 am

ringdabell wrote:My App has been "UNDER REVIEW" since 11/15...

I'm pretty worried now... (kinda falling hopeless..as well)
Does anyone have a slightest insight on this?
or did anyone ever got accepted from the same situation as I am in?


I've been under review since 10/18. Take that! :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bloomsday, carlos_danger, jdanz, kadams, michelekfla, PDX4343, premalone, Tazewell, Yahoo [Bot] and 45 guests