FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
leidice

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby leidice » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:Bill Cosby, we are getting together Thursday night to socialize if you are available :-)

Count 2 for me. (husband and myself)

My girlfriend and I will be joining as well, so long as she can get in in the first place lol

I'll make sure not to exclude any <21 yr old guests!

101 Restaurant (101tallahassee.com) is one of my favorite places downtown (and not too far from the LS) for happy hour for those of you who are arriving early. GREAT food, and the martinis are delicious. Food can be pricey, but I find coupons to this place often.

I'll keep thinking for where to go at night!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 am

I'm down to go out for a dinner/drinks... I'll def be hungry! I'll prob arrive between 7 and 8. I'm staying at the doubletree so the closer the better! I need to get my beauty rest bc I don't wake up early very well :D so I'd be down to do the dinner drinks so I can get to bed early!

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:56 am

Barbie wrote:I'm down to go out for a dinner/drinks... I'll def be hungry! I'll prob arrive between 7 and 8. I'm staying at the doubletree so the closer the better! I need to get my beauty rest bc I don't wake up early very well :D so I'd be down to do the dinner drinks so I can get to bed early!

So pissed about that. I bid $40 and got La Quinta. Whatever, I guess thats what I get for being cheap lol. Two free nights at a hotel is always cool with me.

And Leidice, I swear your 'tar gives me a sweet tooth every time I look at it lol.

Are you guys in the Facebook group? It's a bit weird cause there are adcomms on it, I don't want to say anything lol.
Last edited by FeelTheHeat on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

leidice

Postby leidice » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:09 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Barbie wrote:I'm down to go out for a dinner/drinks... I'll def be hungry! I'll prob arrive between 7 and 8. I'm staying at the doubletree so the closer the better! I need to get my beauty rest bc I don't wake up early very well :D so I'd be down to do the dinner drinks so I can get to bed early!

So pissed about that. I bid $40 and got La Quinta. Whatever, I guess thats what I get for being cheap lol. Two free nights at a hotel is always cool with me.

And Leidice, I swear your 'tar gives me a sweet tooth every time I look at it lol.

Are you guys in the Facebook group? It's a bit weird cause there are adcomms on it, I don't want to say anything lol. I'm Christopher.

101 is about... 3 blocks? from the Doubletree. Not too far.

And sour patch kids are my fav. I figured that since an avatar should be some kind of extension of myself, a photo depicting my favorite candy would work. :D

I'm not in the facebook group for that reason. idk, makes things too personal and real for me haha. I don't mind as much if I'm stalked by 0Ls, but giving direct access to my facebook to those with power over my future is a little daunting. I'm sure they could find me anyways if they tried, but still. haha

Bill Cosby

Postby Bill Cosby » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:31 am

leidice wrote:I'm not in the facebook group for that reason. idk, makes things too personal and real for me haha. I don't mind as much if I'm stalked by 0Ls, but giving direct access to my facebook to those with power over my future is a little daunting. I'm sure they could find me anyways if they tried, but still. haha

Yeah, that does seem a bit weird.

My flight doesn't get in until 9ish, so I doubt I'll be able to make it out Thursday night.

vdbl1901

Postby vdbl1901 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:57 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
vdbl1901 wrote:If one of you fellow TLSers could document scholars day (impressions, photos only if you plan on taking them, etc.) it would be greatly appreciated. Although, I did receive a travel stipend but it still doesnt even come close to covering the cost of flight & hotel from Chicago :(. I still plan on visiting FSU when I drive down to Wake and U of F as well next month but I dont know if that trip will fall on an ASW.

Thanks

I'll be taking plenty of pictures of FSU (and UF, depending on how early I get up on Thursday and if my girlfriend and I feel like doing a quick scout of GVille) and will probably throw them up on the pics thread.

Barbie wrote:
vdbl1901 wrote:If one of you fellow TLSers could document scholars day (impressions, photos only if you plan on taking them, etc.) it would be greatly appreciated. Although, I did receive a travel stipend but it still doesnt even come close to covering the cost of flight & hotel from Chicago :(. I still plan on visiting FSU when I drive down to Wake and U of F as well next month but I dont know if that trip will fall on an ASW.

Thanks

I'm camera happy :) so I should have pics!

Awesome, guys. This will be greatly appreciated. Could someone find out/know why FSU doesn't have a LRAP?

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:06 am

vdbl1901 wrote:Awesome, guys. This will be greatly appreciated. Could someone find out/know why FSU doesn't have a LRAP?

Seconded. I'll be hopefully speaking to a financial aid officer as I am clueless with regards to financing law school (had Bright Futures for my undergrad, God bless that program lol) and will share any valuable insight I come upon.

mr_pink

Postby mr_pink » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 pm

I've been complete since early December :?

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Hey, so... there are no GPA stipulations for our scholarships are there? Letter doesn't mention it...

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:16 am

I was going to ask the same thing, but yea based off the letter it doesn't seem like it. I can't imagine its any higher than a 2.75gpa.

gov

Postby gov » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:16 am

Barbie wrote:Hey, so... there are no GPA stipulations for our scholarships are there? Letter doesn't mention it...

Everyone I know that had a scholarship did not have a stip.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Is anyone else going up there alone? Not to sound like a dependent little twat, but I hate travelling that far by myself :( Thurs meet up will make me feel better except when ALL of you have your SO with you haha. Have we figured out whats going on with that? Dude, anyone want to get thai food for dinner? hah..

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Im not even back from my uga visit but it will be nice not to have to drive 8 hours both way anddd get a free hotel.

leidice

Postby leidice » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Barbie wrote:Is anyone else going up there alone? Not to sound like a dependent little twat, but I hate travelling that far by myself :( Thurs meet up will make me feel better except when ALL of you have your SO with you haha. Have we figured out whats going on with that? Dude, anyone want to get thai food for dinner? hah..

My boyfriend may not come on Thurs! So you won't be the only one "alone" haha. There IS a delicious thai restaurant that I know of, though it would require driving from the Doubletree (and most other hotels). Or if any of you likes sweet potato fries, Andrews is another place downtown with great food and drinks!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 pm

leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:Is anyone else going up there alone? Not to sound like a dependent little twat, but I hate travelling that far by myself :( Thurs meet up will make me feel better except when ALL of you have your SO with you haha. Have we figured out whats going on with that? Dude, anyone want to get thai food for dinner? hah..

My boyfriend may not come on Thurs! So you won't be the only one "alone" haha. There IS a delicious thai restaurant that I know of, though it would require driving from the Doubletree (and most other hotels). Or if any of you likes sweet potato fries, Andrews is another place downtown with great food and drinks!

I vote thai!

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm traveling alone. I don't think I have ever stayed by myself in a hotel before so this is a first. Maybe we can do a carpool from the doubletree if Thursday night requires driving

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:00 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:I'm traveling alone. I don't think I have ever stayed by myself in a hotel before so this is a first. Maybe we can do a carpool from the doubletree if Thursday night requires driving

I'll drive :D

rmjones03

Postby rmjones03 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi everyone, I just got my acceptance phone call :) Did yall get scholarship information with the acceptance packet? Also, I guess everyone is going this Friday, but I have work, sad. However, I plan to go to admitted students day in March! I am excited:)

ssj752

Postby ssj752 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Acceptance phone call today. Short notice, but I guess I will drive up from Tampa for the Academic Scholars Day.

Anyone know if there is any correlation between an invitation and potential scholarship offers?
I found the invitation strange considering that my numbers couldn't possibly place me among "a select number of top applicants".

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Barbie wrote:
LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:I'm traveling alone. I don't think I have ever stayed by myself in a hotel before so this is a first. Maybe we can do a carpool from the doubletree if Thursday night requires driving

I'll drive :D

I love Thai! :-)

Edit: Barbie I thought your SO was coming with you????

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:00 am

Girlfriend had to drop out this weekend, jury duty on Thursday and a major family illness, so it looks like it will be a lonely drive from Miami :/ Ah well, still looking forward to meeting everyone, does anyone have plans to check out housing options while they are up there?

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 am

How many people are actually staying at the Doubletree ? seems like a lot.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:08 am

Sandro wrote:How many people are actually staying at the Doubletree ? seems like a lot.

I'm in fucking La Quinta. So pissed.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:Girlfriend had to drop out this weekend, jury duty on Thursday and a major family illness, so it looks like it will be a lonely drive from Miami :/ Ah well, still looking forward to meeting everyone, does anyone have plans to check out housing options while they are up there?

Welcome to the club :) do you like thai food?

I'm @ Doubletree HOLLER :D

leidice

Postby leidice » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:22 am

Can I meet everyone at Doubletree? Just so I can steal one of their amazing cookies!?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”