FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NCtoDC

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:14 pm

fiery_searcher wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:
Barbie wrote:
leidice wrote:My bf lives here too. I'll try to tear him away from all his lobbyist/political friends and bring him to meet some future potential classmates of mine :)

bahahaha. I have to tear mine away from his beer-chugging, bloody knuckled, rugby playing friends.

My husband has to be torn away from World of Warcraft....he lives in a virtual world, lol. I'm sure he would love to come. :-)

Lol. NCtoDC, I feel your World of Warcraft pain. The husband is all about World of Warcraft or poker. Too bad we won't be up there until really late Thursday!

How late is really late??? Where in FL are you coming from?

fiery_searcher

Postby fiery_searcher » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 am

I'm thinking earliest we will arrive will be around midnight. Coming from podunk Lake County in central Florida.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 am

Wait- so is anyone staying and going out friday night? Seems like everyone is coming thurs.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:12 am

Sandro wrote:Wait- so is anyone staying and going out friday night? Seems like everyone is coming thurs.

That shit starts at 9am! I might stay Fri night, but I'm thinking not. Rather not pay for 2 nights if I don't have to-- especially fi I don't get a travel stipend

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:24 am

Got the stipend coming from Miami, my significant other is 20 so I hope she'll be able to join in our festivities lol

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:29 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:Got the stipend coming from Miami, my significant other is 20 so I hope she'll be able to join in our festivities lol

They offered or you asked?

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:31 am

Asked for it and they were very prompt in their response. Good luck with it, it makes for a nice little weekend vacation with my lady.

minuit

Postby minuit » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:04 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:Got the stipend coming from Miami, my significant other is 20 so I hope she'll be able to join in our festivities lol

virtually every bar is 21+ sorry dude! congrats on the stipend!

Bill Cosby

Postby Bill Cosby » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 am

Barbie wrote:

They offered or you asked?

I had a fortunate experience. I hadn't been offered one even though I'm OOS, so I emailed to ask about it. The woman was very nice and told me that they'd actually emailed me the previous day. Who knows how much stuff would have been swept into the spam filter otherwise.

gov

Postby gov » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:54 am

minuit wrote:

They can have plenty of fun at the strip(-bulls) , haha.

minuit

Postby minuit » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:31 am

govorett wrote:
minuit wrote:

:lol: disregard me and my misinformation then! the only 18+ bar i have ever been to was big daddys before it closed. never been to the other bars on the strip besides bulls, i guess i just assumed they were also 21+. makes so much more sense to me now that the strip is 18+ haha

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:35 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:Asked for it and they were very prompt in their response. Good luck with it, it makes for a nice little weekend vacation with my lady.

:? Not a fan of being told lies. They said they weren't giving them to in-staters yet. But they gave one to you and someone in Orlando. :evil:

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Last edited by Top14Hope on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leidice

Postby leidice » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:58 pm

minuit wrote:
govorett wrote:
minuit wrote:

:lol: disregard me and my misinformation then! the only 18+ bar i have ever been to was big daddys before it closed. never been to the other bars on the strip besides bulls, i guess i just assumed they were also 21+. makes so much more sense to me now that the strip is 18+ haha

As a seasoned Tallahassee partier, I'd like to note that of all the bars I've visited here, only Bulls and Poor Pauls are strictly 21+. Underage folks just tend to pay higher cover (at the places that charge). For those who wanted to get away from the UG scene, don't be discouraged though. Most underagers tend to frequent the strip, chubbys, 2020, Bajas, etc. Ajs has a fairly even split between over and underage people. The places downtown (Clydes, paradigm) are more for the older crowd but it depends what night and what time you go. Midtown is great for mid-twenties people.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Barbie wrote:
Sandro wrote:Wait- so is anyone staying and going out friday night? Seems like everyone is coming thurs.

That shit starts at 9am! I might stay Fri night, but I'm thinking not. Rather not pay for 2 nights if I don't have to-- especially fi I don't get a travel stipend

LOL this whole time I've been planning on driving there Friday, IDK what I was thinking. I would have to leave at like 4am. Whoops.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:07 pm

leidice wrote:
As a seasoned Tallahassee partier, I'd like to note that of all the bars I've visited here, only Bulls and Poor Pauls are strictly 21+. Underage folks just tend to pay higher cover (at the places that charge). For those who wanted to get away from the UG scene, don't be discouraged though. Most underagers tend to frequent the strip, chubbys, 2020, Bajas, etc. Ajs has a fairly even split between over and underage people. The places downtown (Clydes, paradigm) are more for the older crowd but it depends what night and what time you go. Midtown is great for mid-twenties people.

Thanks for the heads up. It will be a lot easier in a year when she is 21 but for now I gotta work with what I got!

I'm dropping by Gville on my way up Thursday, I'll be happy to share any information I find out while I'm up there if anyone is interested.

Bill Cosby

Postby Bill Cosby » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:14 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
leidice wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. It will be a lot easier in a year when she is 21 but for now I gotta work with what I got!

I'm dropping by Gville on my way up Thursday, I'll be happy to share any information I find out while I'm up there if anyone is interested.

I know I definitely would. I'm planning to stop in Gainesville on Saturday, but won't be able to see much for obvious reasons.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:37 pm

Just did the Priceline negotiator , bid $45 and got Doubletree right next to campus for Thursday night.

fiery_searcher

Postby fiery_searcher » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Sandro wrote:Just did the Priceline negotiator , bid $45 and got Doubletree right next to campus for Thursday night.

Nice!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Sandro wrote:Just did the Priceline negotiator , bid $45 and got Doubletree right next to campus for Thursday night.

I can't figure out how to use this damn website. Help :( How do you know which hotels are by campus? and I can't find the negotiator thing.

fiery_searcher

Postby fiery_searcher » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Barbie wrote:

I can't figure out how to use this damn website. Help :( How do you know which hotels are by campus? and I can't find the negotiator thing.

Here is the link to the name your own price section of the website: http://travela.priceline.com/promo/name ... ckid=HOTEL

After you input the city, dates, etc. the next page will ask for what part of the city you want to book a hotel, the campus is in the South section (#1).

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:29 pm

fiery_searcher wrote:I'm thinking earliest we will arrive will be around midnight. Coming from podunk Lake County in central Florida.

Wow, yeah, that is late. :-/

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Sweet! I did the exact same thing...same place :-)

fiery_searcher

Postby fiery_searcher » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm

NCtoDC wrote:

Dang, told the husband to bid LOWER! That's a great location. I love priceline. :)

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:14 pm

NCtoDC wrote:

+1! We should walk to the event Fri morning :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”