FSU c/o2014 Applicants! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Barbie

Gold

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Post by Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
govorett wrote:
Top14Hope wrote: The drive becomes bad when you think about the reasons you are going, and then you think about how everyone of your questions could easily be answered on TLS/or by calling them. Although, I could be wrong. However, If I were a person who has never once been to Tally, I might still go.
My point was you wouldn't be saving that much time by flying ... because of the layovers.
Your point was wrong. They do have direct flights. Check Delta. I would be saving about half the time, and it would be paid for by the school (if I can find that lucky flight for under 300).
Cheell out.

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
govorett wrote:
Top14Hope wrote: The drive becomes bad when you think about the reasons you are going, and then you think about how everyone of your questions could easily be answered on TLS/or by calling them. Although, I could be wrong. However, If I were a person who has never once been to Tally, I might still go.
My point was you wouldn't be saving that much time by flying ... because of the layovers.
Your point was wrong. They do have direct flights. Check Delta. I would be saving about half the time, and it would be paid for by the school (if I can find that lucky flight for under 300).
My apologies, I have never seen a direct flight out of Tallahassee to Miami. I fly out all the time too. Regardless, it will be hard to find something under 300

where do you fly out of? Expedia has nothing direct :/ (from MIA...from FLL they do but for almost $400)

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:01 pm

I was also invited to the "Academic Scholars" event. If I can fit it into my busy schedule, I think I'll be able to go!

Top14Hope

Bronze

Post by Top14Hope » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:10 pm

govorett wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:
govorett wrote:
My apologies, I have never seen a direct flight out of Tallahassee to Miami. I fly out all the time too. Regardless, it will be hard to find something under 300

where do you fly out of? Expedia has nothing direct :/ (from MIA...from FLL they do but for almost $400)

Sorry if I came off as an Ass. All this stress about schools is really getting to me(and most others). Anyway, FLL is the airport I found the 350 deal at.

P.S. Barbie, your new picture really brings out your eyes. 8)

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
govorett wrote:
Top14Hope wrote: Your point was wrong. They do have direct flights. Check Delta. I would be saving about half the time, and it would be paid for by the school (if I can find that lucky flight for under 300).

Sorry if I came off as an Ass. All this stress about schools is really getting to me(and most others). Anyway, FLL is the airport I found the 350 deal at.

P.S. Barbie, your new picture really brings out your eyes. 8)

:D

What other airports are near Tally? You can get from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa for 80$ but thats all I know

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Barbie wrote:

What other airports are near Tally? You can get from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa for 80$ but thats all I know
There's Panama City and Jax...but that's still a 2 hr drive.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:22 pm

govorett wrote:
Barbie wrote:

There's Panama City and Jax...but that's still a 2 hr drive.
Ok. I just looked and Top114 hope you can get a round trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Jacksonville for @ 165, then you'd have to rent a car or hitch a ride.

Sean Bateman

Bronze

Post by Sean Bateman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:26 pm

Hey all,
Just wanted to clear up the scholars day /admitted students day confusion. I was able to get more information on this.
Being invited to scholars day does not mean that you will be receiving a scholarship at all, it has nothing to do with financial aide. The invitation is extended to those who have scholarly achievement in their undergraduate careers. It is certainly an honor to be invited and the only tangible difference from admitted students day is that lunch will be more formal and more faculty will be in attendance at the lunch.

Now I'm sure that if you have achieved such scholarly achievement, the odds of you getting a scholarship are higher, but don't think attending this event is going to inflate or change any potential offers...you'll be sorely disappointed.

The truth is, a great deal of admitted students have been invited to scholars day, and you're all invited to admitted students day!

Hope to see everyone soon, and as always, I'm happy to answer any further questions about the school.
-sb

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Sean Bateman wrote:Hey all,
Just wanted to clear up the scholars day /admitted students day confusion. I was able to get more information on this.
Being invited to scholars day does not mean that you will be receiving a scholarship at all, it has nothing to do with financial aide. The invitation is extended to those who have scholarly achievement in their undergraduate careers. It is certainly an honor to be invited and the only tangible difference from admitted students day is that lunch will be more formal and more faculty will be in attendance at the lunch.

Now I'm sure that if you have achieved such scholarly achievement, the odds of you getting a scholarship are higher, but don't think attending this event is going to inflate or change any potential offers...you'll be sorely disappointed.

The truth is, a great deal of admitted students have been invited to scholars day, and you're all invited to admitted students day!

Hope to see everyone soon, and as always, I'm happy to answer any further questions about the school.
-sb
Still seems like a great program to go to!!
Does anyone know when we'll find out whether we received scholarships or not?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mteevin

Bronze

Post by mteevin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:50 pm

We should honestly make an admitted students FAQ, a lot of these questions are becoming repeats.

Dr. Strangelove:
You will soon receive an e-mail from FSU CoL requiring you to fill out some supplementary documentation. One of the forms you will fill out will be a scholarship application/information sheet. After that is received, you will be notified of any awards via snail mail.

Dr. Strangelove

Silver

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:32 pm

mteevin wrote:We should honestly make an admitted students FAQ, a lot of these questions are becoming repeats.

Dr. Strangelove:
You will soon receive an e-mail from FSU CoL requiring you to fill out some supplementary documentation. One of the forms you will fill out will be a scholarship application/information sheet. After that is received, you will be notified of any awards via snail mail.
Thanks!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Sean Bateman wrote:The invitation is extended to those who have scholarly achievement in their undergraduate careers.
There certainly must have been some sort of mistake as I received an invite to Scholars Day :shock:

cr1stina

New

Post by cr1stina » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:22 pm

Sandro wrote:
Sean Bateman wrote:The invitation is extended to those who have scholarly achievement in their undergraduate careers.
There certainly must have been some sort of mistake as I received an invite to Scholars Day :shock:
haha I thought the same thing when I read this (3.16 gpa)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:27 pm

I guess they use a loose definition of Academics that includes the LSAT 8)

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Am I correct in assuming that Academic Scholars Day is not something spouses would be able to come to? I guess for the tour at 2pm they could come....any thoughts?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:14 pm

NCtoDC wrote:Am I correct in assuming that Academic Scholars Day is not something spouses would be able to come to? I guess for the tour at 2pm they could come....any thoughts?
I'm bringing my fiance to tally but not to any parts of the event, including the tour.

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Barbie wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:Am I correct in assuming that Academic Scholars Day is not something spouses would be able to come to? I guess for the tour at 2pm they could come....any thoughts?
I'm bringing my fiance to tally but not to any parts of the event, including the tour.
Hmmm, what will he do? Does he have family there? I'd really like my husband to join me as it is a long drive from NC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:47 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Hmmm, what will he do? Does he have family there? I'd really like my husband to join me as it is a long drive from NC.
Idk, but he's a big boy haha I'm not much worried about it. We'll have a hotel room and he will probably find himself a local sub shop or pub and test out the food, maybe do a little walking around to see the town (he likes to do that) or even BETTER take his resume to a few places and start looking at possible jobs.

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Barbie wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Idk, but he's a big boy haha I'm not much worried about it. We'll have a hotel room and he will probably find himself a local sub shop or pub and test out the food, maybe do a little walking around to see the town (he likes to do that) or even BETTER take his resume to a few places and start looking at possible jobs.
Yeah, I guess you are right, lol. Did you finally decide on FSU or are you still debating?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
Barbie wrote:
NCtoDC wrote: Hmmm, what will he do? Does he have family there? I'd really like my husband to join me as it is a long drive from NC.
Yeah, I guess you are right, lol. Did you finally decide on FSU or are you still debating?
No but while I'm up there I'll probably look at housing and other stuff to try and get a complete feel for FSU. It all depends on if UF offers me any $$ ha

fiery_searcher

New

Post by fiery_searcher » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Hey everyone,
Just booked my hotel in Tally for the Scholar's day. I did the name your own price thing on priceline and got the Courtyard Marriott on Apalachee for $50 a night. It's pretty close to the law school. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that tip out there.
Anyone here have any kids? Or am I going to be the only parent in the mix?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:19 pm

fiery_searcher wrote:Hey everyone,
Just booked my hotel in Tally for the Scholar's day. I did the name your own price thing on priceline and got the Courtyard Marriott on Apalachee for $50 a night. It's pretty close to the law school. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that tip out there.
Anyone here have any kids? Or am I going to be the only parent in the mix?
dang son. nice deal. gotta look that up!!

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:06 am

Just submitted my RSVP to Academic Scholars Day! I am living in Tally now, so if anyone wants to go drink afterwards, I'd be more than willing to help show you around the good bars here :)

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 am

leidice wrote:Just submitted my RSVP to Academic Scholars Day! I am living in Tally now, so if anyone wants to go drink afterwards, I'd be more than willing to help show you around the good bars here :)
What about Thursday night? :D

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:17 am

Barbie wrote:
leidice wrote:Just submitted my RSVP to Academic Scholars Day! I am living in Tally now, so if anyone wants to go drink afterwards, I'd be more than willing to help show you around the good bars here :)
What about Thursday night? :D
Haha, Thursday works too!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”