FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sandro

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:11 pm

mteevin wrote:ASD = Admitted Students Day, i.e. everyone who can make it is welcome to come. This is March 25th.
Scholars' Day = weekend for top applicants, Feb. 18th.

That said, who's going to Scholars day? I'm RSVPing now, but us TLSers who are going should definitely meet up at some point.

Thats what I'm asking - I was under the impression that unless you had a scholarship you didnt get invited to Scholars day. Wouldn't top applicants get scholarships ? 8)

mteevin

Postby mteevin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:12 pm

Barbie, there's kind of a well-hidden link in the e-mail -- the word "online" takes you to a registration page.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:12 pm

Sandro wrote:
mteevin wrote:ASD = Admitted Students Day, i.e. everyone who can make it is welcome to come. This is March 25th.

That said, who's going to Scholars day? I'm RSVPing now, but us TLSers who are going should definitely meet up at some point.

Thats what I'm asking - I was under the impression that unless you had a scholarship you didnt get invited to Scholars day. Wouldn't top applicants get scholarships ? 8)

Sean Bateman, a current student, was invited to scholars day and offered his scholarship after.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:14 pm

Barbie wrote:
Sandro wrote:

Sean Bateman, a current student, was invited to scholars day and offered his scholarship after.

Hmm. So far I've only seen scholarship people say they are going to ASDFeb18, anyone without a scholarship get the invite ? I'll def be there on the 18th as the March25th is the weekend of other schools too.
Last edited by Sandro on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Sandro wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Sandro wrote:

Hmm. So far I've only seen scholarship people say they are going to ASD, anyone without a scholarship get the invite ? I'll def be there on the 18th as the March25th is the weekend of other schools too.

I was just admitted on Monday, haven't received a scholarship offer, and just received the invite to the Feb. 18th scholar's day.

My dilemma is that the 18th is also Wake's scholar day....haven't gotten a scholly there yet either but expect to. AAGHHH what to do???
Last edited by NCtoDC on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 pm

mteevin wrote:Barbie, there's kind of a well-hidden link in the e-mail -- the word "online" takes you to a registration page.

sweet. registered.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:22 pm

and we get a T Shirt !!

mteevin

Postby mteevin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Sandro wrote:and we get a T Shirt !!

the funny thing is that shortly after i was admitted i went on FSU's bookstore to try to find an FSU law shirt - nada. seriously, google FSU Law shirt -- they simply don't exist. lame.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:27 pm

mteevin wrote:

the funny thing is that shortly after i was admitted i went on FSU's bookstore to try to find an FSU law shirt - nada. seriously, google FSU Law shirt -- they simply don't exist. lame.

So youre saying this free t shirt we are getting could potentially be a financial windfall for us with the limited supply - do we have to report this on our FAFSA?

minuit

Postby minuit » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:30 pm

mteevin wrote:

haha well you won't have to wait long to get one!

I am debating going. I went last year and therefore do not need two t-shirts, two coffee mugs, etc... and I already know the shpeel. I'd also have to take off work. But I would like to meet you guys and offer up a good Tally time for Friday night!

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:32 pm

rockylo88 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
rockylo88 wrote:"Current Status: HOLD
Current Status Date: 2/1/2011"

This is spectacular.
161/3.4

I would like that at this point. I've been complete since very early November.
160/3.75

Not sure how the rest of your cycle is going, but I haven't been admitted to a single school. That being said, most of my December apps were to reaches (T20) and I applied to the 3 FL schools in January.

I'm in at both Tulane and Miami. I am waiting still on UF, FSU, and UA. I applied at the end of October though and have been complete everywhere since pretty much the week of 11/5. So I'm going to law school somehwere...just right now its an expensive somewhere. Hopefully news will come.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:34 pm

yeah buddy. I ordered a small even though I'm a total medium. REBEL.

pinkcamellia

Postby pinkcamellia » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:40 pm

alicrimson wrote: I'm in at both Tulane and Miami. I am waiting still on UF, FSU, and UA. I applied at the end of October though and have been complete everywhere since pretty much the week of 11/5. So I'm going to law school somehwere...just right now its an expensive somewhere. Hopefully news will come.

If it helps, I went on a tour of UA last week and an adcomm said they were absolutely swamped with apps this year, and they were way behind. I think they've only been doing auto-admits so they can see who's going to jump for a less regional law school or take the nice scholly. Plus the UA undergrad Honors College admits don't have to commit yet, and they technically have to keep those spots open for them.

You give me hope for Tulane! Still sitting at complete for FSU.

mteevin

Postby mteevin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:41 pm

don't mean to spam, but i'm not sure if anyone saw my last post and it's back a page now --

has anyone heard of people having success ASKING for a travel stipend for Scholars Weekend?

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:42 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:
alicrimson wrote: I'm in at both Tulane and Miami. I am waiting still on UF, FSU, and UA. I applied at the end of October though and have been complete everywhere since pretty much the week of 11/5. So I'm going to law school somehwere...just right now its an expensive somewhere. Hopefully news will come.

If it helps, I went on a tour of UA last week and an adcomm said they were absolutely swamped with apps this year, and they were way behind. I think they've only been doing auto-admits so they can see who's going to jump for a less regional law school or take the nice scholly. Plus the UA undergrad Honors College admits don't have to commit yet, and they technically have to keep those spots open for them.

You give me hope for Tulane! Still sitting at complete for FSU.

I would loooove UA. I'd still be on athletic scholarship my first year of law school and a year paid would be huge. lol. As for Tulane, they were my first acceptance...go figure. I didn't think I'd get in there. I just applied because they sent me two fee waiver emails.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 pm

mteevin wrote:don't mean to spam, but i'm not sure if anyone saw my last post and it's back a page now --

has anyone heard of people having success ASKING for a travel stipend for Scholars Weekend?

Apparently someone from Orlando did, but when I asked they said they have to wait and see the responses they get from out of state applicants. If you are out of state, you will get one. If you are in-state, you have to wait and see IF you get one.

cr1stina

Postby cr1stina » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Hey...I also got this email today and have yet to hear back about scholarship offers, I was also admitted Monday (I think Sandro asked about people without scholarships but with an ASD invite).

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:27 pm

cr1stina wrote:Hey...I also got this email today and have yet to hear back about scholarship offers, I was also admitted Monday (I think Sandro asked about people without scholarships but with an ASD invite).

I'm going to wear my finest tuxedo in hopes of getting a scholarship 8)

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Last edited by Top14Hope on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gov

Postby gov » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Top14Hope wrote:So, today I successfully attained a 250$ travel stipend...wish the airfare wasn't 350!!!!!!!!

Don't think I will be able to go now ):

Anyone have any good ideas for getting cheap tickets from south Florida to Tally? I checked everywhere for all the dates around/on scholar day. I really don't think 16 hours of driving is worth it? Right? Right.

The drive is not that bad. Flying is a waste of time (and anything out of Tallahassee is so expensive + layovers bc there are no direct flights)

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm

govorett wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:So, today I successfully attained a 250$ travel stipend...wish the airfare wasn't 350!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any good ideas for getting cheap tickets from south Florida to Tally? I checked everywhere for all the dates around/on scholar day. I really don't think 16 hours of driving is worth it? Right? Right.

The drive is not that bad. Flying is a waste of time (and anything out of Tallahassee is so expensive + layovers bc there are no direct flights)

The drive becomes bad when you think about the reasons you are going, and then you think about how everyone of your questions could easily be answered on TLS/or by calling them. Although, I could be wrong. However, If I were a person who has never once been to Tally, I might still go.

mteevin

Postby mteevin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:48 pm

I think you should go -- I personally think that giving the folks at FSU a face to go with your name and numbers can go a long way.

P.S. FSU currently has the #1 football recruiting class in the country, according to ESPN. Coincidence? I think not.
Last edited by mteevin on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gov

Postby gov » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:50 pm

Top14Hope wrote:The drive becomes bad when you think about the reasons you are going, and then you think about how everyone of your questions could easily be answered on TLS/or by calling them. Although, I could be wrong. However, If I were a person who has never once been to Tally, I might still go.

My point was you wouldn't be saving that much time by flying ... because of the layovers.

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:53 pm

govorett wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:The drive becomes bad when you think about the reasons you are going, and then you think about how everyone of your questions could easily be answered on TLS/or by calling them. Although, I could be wrong. However, If I were a person who has never once been to Tally, I might still go.

My point was you wouldn't be saving that much time by flying ... because of the layovers.

Your point was wrong. They do have direct flights. Check Delta. I would be saving about half the time, and it would be paid for by the school (if I can find that lucky flight for under 300).

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Wait, where are you coming from?? You can fly into Tampa and ride to Tally with me :)

Tally has the itty bittyest airport ever. I looked for flights from Tampa to Tally and they were ~ 400. Lame.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”